Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-18-2006, 10:10 PM   #46
artest 93
Local High School Star

artest 93 has decent reputationartest 93 has decent reputation

almost everyone here is a clueless microsoft fanboy or something? Its all opinions and all but don't compare the prices like $399 to $599 because the HDDVD drive is $199 and all xbox 360 owners willneed one eventually, when the game developers start using the hd dvds to take advantage of its capabilities. I'm not a genius that knows all the technical information but I know the generation information and I guarentee PS3 will win console war again. I'mnot even liking sony anymore because I have 2 broken PS2,s that can't read anymore, 1because i used it to watch DVDs a little too much. But I know Sony will win because 360 has almost no good titles except so far, after 1 year, perfect dark and gears of war. The other games are mostly available for all other consoles.

What good came out of the original Xbox? I know its a solid console and is good quality because I don't know anyone who has a brpoken xbox, but I think only Fable and Halo are games worth playing on xbox, whereas you have over 20 ps2 games that set new standards for actions/rpgs/adventures.

its still all based on your opinion but I notice everyone keep compariong the prices and its not fair at all, because the xbox360 that went for sale was an incomplete set. I also heard during the first month of sales or so, JApan or something cut their 360s to half price cuz noone wanted it. Too lazy to look up but I'm sure its true. Well im just some things out. thanks
artest 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 10:10 PM   #47
Chuck Norris
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Chuck Norris has an OK reputation so far

How are the HD DVD and blu-rays better than DVDs?
Chuck Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 10:12 PM   #48
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris

They are high-def.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 10:16 PM   #49
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureElement
If some big movie publisher sides with Sony, it will win, same for Toshiba.

Well Sony owns a few studios, so technically they could choose not to publish to HD-DVD, but since Toshiba manufactures the chips for PS3 that might be suicide.

To me this is almost like the DVD/DIVX war all over again. Disney sided with DIVX, and didn't release DVDs at first, but DVD was so vastly superior it kicked DIVX's ass.
Old 11-18-2006, 10:17 PM   #50
PureElement
Local High School Star

PureElement has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by artest 93
I also heard during the first month of sales or so, JApan or something cut their 360s to half price cuz noone wanted it. Too lazy to look up but I'm sure its true. Well im just some things out. thanks

I think there was an article talking about how the 360 cost about the same as a Gamecube in Japan. Anyways, people seems to believe the console war is won in the states only. Nope, its a global war, and the Japanese simply won't buy American products.

Quote:

How are DVDs better then CDs? You do realize, almost every new game is coming in at at least 4 gigs right? So in a matter of month, games will come at a size that you can't fit on one DVD. HD-DVD or Blue Ray is going to take over, its the future.
PureElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 10:19 PM   #51
VCdabest
I brick open layups

VCdabest has not been impressing people
Default the prices will go up again.

in the UK they aint getting it till march(correct me if i'm wrong). so when christmas is near the prices should go high again.
VCdabest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 10:49 PM   #52
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

can somebody please tell me why HDDVD and Blu Ray are necessary? DVDs are fine for me. I guess... now you can fit a whole season of TV shows on one disc instead of having packaged sets... but other than that... no, I just don't get it.

plus these discs are like ****in... 30 bucks for a movie. WTF?

besides... I dont need that crap. I only play 2k.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 10:49 PM   #53
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default ...

Nintendo makes these units for I think $700. They lose money. Playstation did this when they came out with PS2. Actually I think alot of systems, maybe all systems, come out much cheaper then they are made for. They make the real money off of games. Can't really say the PS3 is better than the new nintendo.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 10:56 PM   #54
embersyc
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
can somebody please tell me why HDDVD and Blu Ray are necessary? DVDs are fine for me. I guess... now you can fit a whole season of TV shows on one disc instead of having packaged sets... but other than that... no, I just don't get it.

Because DVDs do not display in 1080 resolution. DVD is not High-definition. If you go out and plop down $1500 for a plasma TV and then play a DVD on it, basically you are not getting the full capabilities out of your display.

It's true for the average consumer DVD isn't going away for awhile. These new formats are basically for videophiles, but their added storage capacity also makes them attractive from a data storage point of view, and people said DVD was only for videophiles when it first came out.

Last edited by embersyc : 11-18-2006 at 10:58 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: