Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 07-16-2010, 07:43 PM   #1
bullz_rule21
Decent playground baller

bullz_rule21 has an OK reputation so far
Default Props to the Bulls organization

Sure we didn't get LeBron, Wade, or Bosh but this organization has been bringing in guys who can really help out our team. This organization has been acting quick to ensure we don't totally fail this off season by adding quality guys who can come in and be an instant help to us.

With the deal with Brewer today and might I add it was a steal for us, we still have 8 million left to spend guys! We can resign Brad, bring in another shooter, and find a backup PG.

Rose, _____
Brewer, ______
Deng, Korver, Johnson
Boozer, Gibson
Noah, Asik, ______

Guys it is really looking like we could potentially have one of the deepest benches in the league. We really do need to add some guards and Korver can play SG as well as SF but I'm excited for this upcoming season and you all should be to.

PS: James Johnson if you are reading this, please settle down and get your head into these summer league games, you are better than what you are showcasing and could use you this season.
bullz_rule21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 07:57 PM   #2
Rose
Moon Wizard

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Props to the Bulls organization

Yeah Carlos Boozer did a pretty good job at GM. I'm impressed.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:47 PM   #3
MaCC2MuCh
dont blink or i get by

MaCC2MuCh has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullz_rule21
Sure we didn't get LeBron, Wade, or Bosh but this organization has been bringing in guys who can really help out our team. This organization has been acting quick to ensure we don't totally fail this off season by adding quality guys who can come in and be an instant help to us.

With the deal with Brewer today and might I add it was a steal for us, we still have 8 million left to spend guys! We can resign Brad, bring in another shooter, and find a backup PG.

Rose, _____
Brewer, ______
Deng, Korver, Johnson
Boozer, Gibson
Noah, Asik, ______

Guys it is really looking like we could potentially have one of the deepest benches in the league. We really do need to add some guards and Korver can play SG as well as SF but I'm excited for this upcoming season and you all should be to.

PS: James Johnson if you are reading this, please settle down and get your head into these summer league games, you are better than what you are showcasing and could use you this season.

totally agree......bulls org will take some heat regardless bcuz of lebron,wade and bosh all spurning us but hey, they spurned 29 other teams as well........we got every other big name (stoudemire excluded) that was out there...woulda loved to see reddick join us but bulls overpaid and the magic still matched it...nothing we could do....but since july 1st....management went hard and got all the biggest names left over that we could sign....boozer,korver,brewer, and 7-8 million to sign a back up C and pg.....In all...i think we did the best we could and we have a pretty good roster.......were a definite 50-55 win team next season for sure........i say maybe sign rafer alston and bring back big brad and we should be ok for the start of the season.........much props to gar/pax for being aggresive and still coming away with some great FA signings and more to come......cant wait for the first game of next season
MaCC2MuCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 12:57 AM   #4
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullz_rule21

Rose, _____
Brewer, ______
Deng, Korver, Johnson
Boozer, Gibson
Noah, Asik, ______

I can't believe you are already giving props when the offseason moves are not done yet.

Acquiring Boozer was big,
then they signed ANOTHER SF when already have 2 pretty good players in that position.
They offered a legit SG but when Reddicks team decided to match the offer, they signed a shooting guard who can't SHOOT

So no proven back up Center, No proven SG yet, no reliable back up Pg YET, and you are givng props to the Organization right NOW?
I'll wait until they actually addressed the glaring NEEDS before I give them credit.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 04:10 AM   #5
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I understand why you're thankful for the situation we're in because I am too, but I have to go with tamarraw here. Still a lot of work to be done this off-season to say how good or bad it is. Still some big holes to fill if the Bulls want to truly compete against the best in the East.

I do credit our front office for going balls to the wall this off-season and doing what needed to be done. Things are going excellent so far considering Bosh, Wade, and LeBron signed with the Heat. It shows they really thought things out. It's good they planned out many scenario's. Most of all, it shows me they're working hard to give us the best team possible and building around Derrick Rose.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 07:29 AM   #6
Glide2keva
NBA sixth man of the year

Glide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation here

I'm for giving the organization props so far. I'm not a pessimist like a lot of fans seem to be.

With the exception of Wade, I wasn't expecting those guys to sign here and said as much. I'm glad they didn't get down and went and signed players to help this team get better. How could you not be excited?

We'll be loads better than last year. Plus if rose's 3 is there like he says, then we are definitely better.

So let's have some optimism guys, okay?

Last edited by Glide2keva : 07-17-2010 at 10:39 AM.
Glide2keva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 07:37 AM   #7
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

While I do sense people not wanting to have extreme expectations, this Bulls team has finally come together a bit, and I would say it's fair to give props to the front office.

Get ready for the best non-Jordan-Pippen era Bulls team.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 10:40 AM   #8
Glide2keva
NBA sixth man of the year

Glide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
While I do sense people not wanting to have extreme expectations, this Bulls team has finally come together a bit, and I would say it's fair to give props to the front office.

Get ready for the best non-Jordan-Pippen era Bulls team.
No one is predicting a finals appearance for this team, not with The Unholy Trinity down in Miami lurking about.

We will however, make a good run in the playoffs and maybe get to the ECF if things go right.

That would be something to build on also.
Glide2keva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 12:52 PM   #9
bullz_rule21
Decent playground baller

bullz_rule21 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
I can't believe you are already giving props when the offseason moves are not done yet.

Acquiring Boozer was big,
then they signed ANOTHER SF when already have 2 pretty good players in that position.
They offered a legit SG but when Reddicks team decided to match the offer, they signed a shooting guard who can't SHOOT

So no proven back up Center, No proven SG yet, no reliable back up Pg YET, and you are givng props to the Organization right NOW?
I'll wait until they actually addressed the glaring NEEDS before I give them credit.

Why can't i give them props? Those glaring needs were not the Bulls PRIMARY needs this offseason. This offseason we needed a post presence and a reliable 3-pt threat. We have our post presence with Boozer and he can help Taj's game alot, we acquired a top notch 3-pt threat in Korver, and the Bulls tossed a good deal to JJ Reddick which was matched by Orlando nothing you can do about that. Ronnier Brewer is to me Hinrich's replacement he defends well and can attack the rim to give you 12-14 pts a night. Now i would agree that SG is still our weak spot but with what is available Ronnie Brewer was the best available guy. But if you have a Brewer/Korver combo then we should be fine for SG.

The team has 8 million left to use and they will use it to fill out the roster with a Brad Miller or Matt Barnes. As for a backup PG why not give John Lucas a chance? He didn't shoot well last night but he made some nice passes in down low for easy buckets, he won't have to come in and light it up just give 10 minutes or so a night and not turn the ball over.
bullz_rule21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 12:55 PM   #10
Rose
Moon Wizard

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I like how no one here is talking about the fact we won 41 games when...
1. there were two scorers on the roster, and occasionally Kirk scored well
2. there was no low post presense
3. there were terrible shots but, not so good shooters who probably won't be here next year(Flip and Pargo)
4. Rose, James Johnson, Deng, and Noah all had another year to improve their games
4. Rose was injured for at least the first quarter of the season
5. Noah missed ten games in a row ALL losses
6. We finally have a low post presence(albeit an injury prone one)
Old 07-17-2010, 01:11 PM   #11
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glide2keva
No one is predicting a finals appearance for this team, not with The Unholy Trinity down in Miami lurking about.

We will however, make a good run in the playoffs and maybe get to the ECF if things go right.

That would be something to build on also.

Some "experts" are actually predicting that the Bulls are legit and can give Heat some problems. Like I said, I LOVE the Boozer acquisition, I just don't like this idea of handing out preemptive awards when theres 3 glaring needs yes to be filled.
Jerry Buss absolutely hates paying the luxury tax but he bit the bullet and agreed to pay Odom 9 mil per year, basically costing him 18 Mil per due to the $ for $ tax to be his team's back up PF.
Bulls have
1. no proven back up center YET!
2. No proven PG yet, several teams including Denver, Hornets have one.
3. No proven SHOOTING guard at all.
With enough cap space to fill these needs, I am hopefull, they will accomplish the important task at hand. If God FORBID, they come up empty then the title of this thread wouldn't be accurate IMO.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 02:22 PM   #12
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

I think the front office deserves congratulations.

With the divas holding the FA process hostage we xouldhave done much much worse.

Signing JJ Redick wouldn't have been a good idea because we've tried that (undersized 2) experiment and it didn't work.

All the front office needs to do is sign Mason and re sign Miller and the off season will have been a success in my eyes.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 02:44 PM   #13
Rose
Moon Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
I think the front office deserves congratulations.

With the divas holding the FA process hostage we xouldhave done much much worse.

Signing JJ Redick wouldn't have been a good idea because we've tried that (undersized 2) experiment and it didn't work.

All the front office needs to do is sign Mason and re sign Miller and the off season will have been a success in my eyes.

Brad's gone.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5388602

Veteran center Brad Miller has agreed to a three-year contract worth nearly
$15 million with the Houston Rockets, according to sources with knowledge of the situation

They overpaid him, so....I'm not really that concerned. Asik's solid anyways.
Old 07-17-2010, 03:06 PM   #14
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far

Although it be a minor move I hope the Bulls resign Acie Law. When given playing time last year he did well most of the time. Bulls don't need anything special when it comes to a back up point gaurd. Acie would be fine and cheap for that role. This guy has shown that he can play.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 05:16 PM   #15
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Style
Although it be a minor move I hope the Bulls resign Acie Law. When given playing time last year he did well most of the time. Bulls don't need anything special when it comes to a back up point gaurd. Acie would be fine and cheap for that role. This guy has shown that he can play.

Agreed. We need someone like a Roger Mason to be an additional shooter that we could still use and would be able to backup the pg and sg positions, but Law would be very serviceable in backing up the pp spot. I don't see Lucas III being a difference maker but I wouldn't mind having him at the 3rd pg slot. Bulls are said to have contacted the representatives for Jason Williams and Rafer Alston.

It's unfortunate that Brad Miller didn't want to come back to us, but I'm glad that the Bulls didn't pay him what he's going to be getting in Houston. He played well for us but he's going to be getting way overpaid.

Although I do believe Asik could be a pretty good player it would be unwise to truly count on him to be the primary backup for Noah because he is too much of an unknown and at a young age he's already too injury prone. I'd like for the Bulls to consider Kwame Brown for that backup C spot.

I think it's fine for some of us fans congratulating the organization for a job well done up until this point. There is still some room for some improvement but we have the cap room to do so. They have done a great job and if we stay pretty similar to what we have now we already vastly improved from last season. I would be happy with this team as is. If they add even more nice pieces then I'll be even happier, but I would definately give them alot of credit for what they have done. Very good work. Let's make it even better!

Sign:

Roger Mason
Kwame Brown
Jason Williams
Acie Law

Pickup from the Summer League Roster:

Morris Almond
Samardo Samuels

Roster:

Rose/Williams/Law
Brewer/Mason/Almond
Deng/Korver/Johnson