Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 07-18-2010, 04:30 AM   #1
tmac_no1
I airball my layups

tmac_no1 has an OK reputation so far
Default jeremy lin

what do you think possibly giving this kid a chance. he played well against john wall. during the summer games, he came in with alot of energy and was able to get to the rim pretty effectively - under restricted mins too. good basketball iq, relatively athletic and handles the ball very well. i know that colangelo is fond on bobby brown (which i hope doesnt happen) but i think jeremy has a greater potiential, better court awareness too.
tmac_no1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 12:50 PM   #2
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: jeremy lin

I would love it if Lin was given a chance by BC (not just because im asian). Looking at his summer league highlights, hes got a lot of game and isn't afraid to take it to the rim.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 01:14 PM   #3
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Let's just all remember that success in Summer League doesn't = success in the NBA.

I believe the saying is that Summer League doesn't tell you who can play - it tells you who can't.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 04:09 PM   #4
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

No.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:11 PM   #5
R-Pattz
I airball my layups

R-Pattz has an OK reputation so far

Not gonna pretend to dissect his talents...I'll just say I can't see him getting playing time if he was to join the current Raps roster, even if Calderon leaves. He would be a huge fan favorite though..I suppose I could see the Raps taking a chance on him later if he fills a need and is still on the market.
R-Pattz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 11:53 PM   #6
Grizz
I airball my layups

Grizz has an OK reputation so far

Graduating from Harvard is a plus too.
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:14 AM   #7
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Becoming at least D-Leauge MVP, then we talk.
kaiteng is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:35 AM   #8
tmac_no1
I airball my layups

tmac_no1 has an OK reputation so far

well how about you look at his minutes first..no way you can become mvp with those mins; with that said i dont think just because your a sl mvp you ll be good in nba. with that said if you look at his performance, he takes defenders off the dribble really well, breaks into the lane well. and he is an annoying defender, quick hands n feet and gritty. Very good bball iq too

another note too he is playing behind Roddy Beaubois and jones too.

not saying he well definitely be a second tier guard, but i think with our thin guard line up and calderon possibly leaving, he is a cheap 3rd stringer and can possible become a fan favourite too.

even teams like the knicks, mavs and lakers are taking a good look at him.
tmac_no1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:37 PM   #9
kingchessking
I airball my layups

kingchessking has an OK reputation so far

It be nice if the Raps can sign him. He won't get much playing time unless one of the raptors current guard is moved. He can play ball for sure, it baffles me why people keep passing on this him. He was named all-state player, and received no division 1 basketball offers. He goes to Harvard and leads them to like the schools best record and was able to beat teams like boston college and Uconn, yet goes undrafted.

I'm not saying he's a sure thing, but he has talent and potential. A lot of great players were undrafted like ben wallace. Plus he'll probably end up boosting asian attendances at games wherever he goes...parents will look at Lin and tell their kids "look he went to harvard got a degree and play sports, why can't you be like him" (mines already started -_-)
kingchessking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:44 PM   #10
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Beebo has decent reputationBeebo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz
Graduating from Harvard is a plus too.

Yeah, he could just fall back on his Harvard education if the NBA doesn't work out.

I would personally like to see him play in the NBA, not sure if I want him on the raptors though. I think the Warriors should give him a chance, they love going for undrafted / D -league players.
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:53 PM   #11
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Pattz
Not gonna pretend to dissect his talents...I'll just say I can't see him getting playing time if he was to join the current Raps roster, even if Calderon leaves. He would be a huge fan favorite though..I suppose I could see the Raps taking a chance on him later if he fills a need and is still on the market.

No offense, but I lost a LOT of respect for you with a poster name like that...
Old 02-13-2012, 05:02 AM   #12
AC Earl
I airball my layups

AC Earl has an OK reputation so far

What if??? We could have had J-Lin for nothing (cut by GS, cut by Houston). I realize he has to be in the right system to show his success, but Jay Triano had a run and gun system similar to D'Antoni.

Last edited by AC Earl : 02-13-2012 at 05:05 AM.
AC Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:20 AM   #13
T-Low
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC Earl
What if??? We could have had J-Lin for nothing (cut by GS, cut by Houston). I realize he has to be in the right system to show his success, but Jay Triano had a run and gun system similar to D'Antoni.

We would still suck. The thing that NY has to help out his game is a solid defensive center (Chandler), a good 3-point shooter (Novak) and solid role players....So again, if you ask me this, my answer is no...
Old 02-13-2012, 09:09 AM   #14
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Low
We would still suck. The thing that NY has to help out his game is a solid defensive center (Chandler), a good 3-point shooter (Novak) and solid role players....So again, if you ask me this, my answer is no...

well that is a pretty crazy answer at this moment in time.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:26 AM   #15
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Lin is an elite point guard of course we'd have him now.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: