Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-18-2010, 09:49 AM   #16
Abd El-Krim
Decent college freshman

Abd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: "Literally" and other annoying pieces of current communication

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooks_thompson
overuse of "epic", improper use of "fail", and everything else that has ever come from a popular internet meme.

but that list is so long, it's probably better to stick to everyday conversation.

Some chick I work with will routinely shout out "win" or "fail" in a drawn-out girly voice when something happens with what she's working on. Makes me want to vomit.
Abd El-Krim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:51 AM   #17
brooks_thompson
Good college starter

brooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputation

haha sorry guys. it's just one of those things i can't help but notice; i get annoyed easily in conversation.

having said that, i still can't forgive you.
brooks_thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:52 AM   #18
Manute for Ever!
Bol'd over

Manute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
haha sorry guys. it's just one of those things i can't help but notice; i get annoyed easily in conversation.

Ditto
Manute for Ever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:53 AM   #19
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manute for Ever!
On ISH, one that bugs me is when people make threads entitled 'The official....'. What makes it 'official'? Does it give the thread starter some sort of gratification knowing that his/her thread is the 'official' one on the topic?

Really?

Some of you having problems with ingrown ass hairs or something? Lighten up.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:56 AM   #20
brooks_thompson
Good college starter

brooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Really?

Some of you having problems with ingrown ass hairs or something? Lighten up.

says the man who rated the thread at one star
Old 07-18-2010, 09:57 AM   #21
brooks_thompson
Good college starter

another one:

overuse of scatological humor in insults
Old 07-18-2010, 10:00 AM   #22
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
and everything else that has ever come from a popular internet meme.

but that list is so long, it's probably better to stick to everyday conversation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manute for Ever!
On ISH, one that bugs me is...

ISH is a f*cking leper colony of annoying vocab. From "butthurt" to "U Mad?", it's a living showcase of abrasive internetisms. That's another thread though.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:02 AM   #23
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I study me thesaurus all the time in an effort to please you, Mr. Doom.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:11 AM   #24
takeittothehoop
ISH Lurker

takeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation here

"No Offense but..."

That gets over used..I mean people use it when they actually are secretly trying to offend people just to cover their asses.
takeittothehoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:11 AM   #25
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
says the man who rated the thread at one star

Sure, annoying thread.

Here are Lamar Doom: who basically kept the most annoying ISH meme I remember afloat for the better part of a year. And Manute FE: who's literally known on this site for creating dozens of threads a week just to duplicate lame made up gossip news articles.

Yeah, that's really the posters who should cry over someone saying certain words too much.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:14 AM   #26
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
I study me thesaurus all the time in an effort to please you, Mr. Doom.

I don't mean for it to sound snooty, just observation more than anything

Clint: Oh, an observation, huh? Well who the hell are you, man? Isaac f*cking Newton?
Old 07-18-2010, 10:15 AM   #27
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ

Here are Lamar Doom: who basically kept the most annoying ISH meme I remember afloat for the better part of a year.

First up, which "meme" are you talking about?

Second, wait, do you dislike me? What happened?
Old 07-18-2010, 10:19 AM   #28
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

"U Mad?" needs to be phased out...
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:46 AM   #29
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 01:49 PM   #30
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

emsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation here

"legit"

e.g: "i legit thought he was about to tell me"

"ham"

e.g: "that new lil' wayne song goes ham"

"supposedly" (pronounced supposably by mexicans)

"low-key"

e.g: "low-key, i like that new ke$ha song, low-key though"
emsteez forreal is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: