Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-19-2006, 07:37 PM   #1
LALakerFan4Life
16 Time NBA Champions!

LALakerFan4Life has an OK reputation so far
Default OT: Philadelphia Eagles' Donovan McNabb Hurts Knee, Out For The Season

PHILADELPHIA (Nov. 19, 2006) -- Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb will miss the rest of the year because of a torn ligament in his right knee, ending his season early for the third time in five years.

McNabb was carted off the field early in the second quarter of Philadelphia's 24-13 loss to the Tennessee Titans.

The Eagles said McNabb tore his anterior cruciate ligament.

"That's normally an eight month to a year injury, so he's done for the year," Eagles coach Andy Reid said.

McNabb was rolling to his right near the Tennessee sideline and tumbled out of bounds after throwing an incomplete pass. He grabbed his leg and was immediately tended to by trainers. He was replaced in the lineup by Jeff Garcia.

McNabb, a five-time Pro Bowler, came into the game tied with Peyton Manning for the league lead with 18 touchdown passes and was second in the league with 2,569 yards passing.

McNabb had surgery for a sports hernia and missed the final seven games last season when the Eagles finished 6-10 a year after going to the Super Bowl. McNabb also sat out the final six regular-season games of the 2002 season with a broken ankle before returning for the playoffs.

The Eagles were 2-5 with Mike McMahon filling in for McNabb last year and went 5-1 with Koy Detmer and A.J. Feeley starting the last six games in '02.

McNabb was 6-for-13 for 78 yards and threw an interception in the end zone before leaving the game.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/PHI/9814886
LALakerFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 07:39 PM   #2
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

there goes the playoff chances
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 07:41 PM   #3
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

yea it sucks. i hope he gets back full strenght by next season. i rly dont wanna start hearing the stuff we heard with cully and palmer or even that there is a risk of him not being the same again. i love watchin the dude.

eagles should draft calvin johnson, a star in the making..make him #1 WR
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 07:44 PM   #4
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

i think the eagles have more pressing needs than at WR, dante stallworth and reggie brown will be enough for the next 10 years
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 07:48 PM   #5
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He's a pretty explosive player too, torn ACL is going to hurt his game.

Man it seems like such a common injury at the moment, I know a few people with it, and it has been happening quite ften it seems.

I see he did his right knee, if I could have his left...............
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 07:48 PM   #6
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

They weren't going anywhere with him this year, at least they can have some excuses.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 06:01 PM   #7
TEXAS BATMAN
Retired.

TEXAS BATMAN has decent reputationTEXAS BATMAN has decent reputation

This is the second year in a ROW the Eagles are struggling and McNabb up and catches a phantom injury and is lost for the season. Right in time for the Eags to get their number called early in next year's draft.

Eags are a force, there wasn't an injury McNabb couldn't conquer or play through. If McNabb broke his neck he'd be out there playing in a wheelchair spitting the ball at his receivers. -At least that's what I was led to believe.

I hate to hear about any player getting injured so I'll state that it's unfortunate. But fortunately I hate the f#@kin Eagles so it's not like I'm crying tears over here. Only time I rode with dude is when they went to the Super Bowl and I wanted them to beat the Pats. So speedy recovery Donovan. To Feely fans: BETTER LUCK NEXT YEAR
TEXAS BATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: