Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 04-29-2010, 04:12 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default This is a damn good football forum

Especially considering it's a basketball site.

Not a massive group of people, but still a terrific group
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 04:25 PM   #2
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: This is a damn good football forum

pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 04:38 PM   #3
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One has decent reputationTarik One has decent reputation

It's good in that it's filtered. It's not oversaturated with trolls and narrow minded people as you see on espn, fox and other major sports boards. People who actually know something about the game are willing post here and if a troll does indeed try to come and start spouting garbage with little substance or wit: "Your team sucks" "Kyle Orton is a top 10 QB", they'll immediately get run outta here by some of the more seasoned posters.

Unfortunately, this doesn't ring true in the NBA forum.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 04:40 PM   #4
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I guess the sad thing is that the football talk in here is 100 percent more intelligent than anything going on in the basketball forum.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 04:42 PM   #5
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Veteran ISH posters should have a private NBA forum.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:58 PM   #6
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I guess the sad thing is that the football talk in here is 100 percent more intelligent than anything going on in the basketball forum.

Agreed. I spend way more time in here than I do on the NBA forum, even though this forum is way less active. There's none of the stupidity going on on this forum as there is over on the NBA Forum. You can't even make it through a couple pages of a game thread over there without it turning into crap.

consistent posters in the football forum>>>>>>>majority of posters in the NBA forum
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 05:02 PM   #7
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I split my time here and the OTC now. I want to have some good NBA discussions but its too hard to accomplish that in the NBA forum.

Last edited by Jailblazers7 : 04-29-2010 at 05:10 PM.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 05:10 PM   #8
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Veteran ISH posters should have a private NBA forum.
I've been saying that for a while now. That is how they do it on the boxing forum that I'm on. There is the general boxing forum and then the heavy hitters lounge that you have to get an invite to... The regular posters don't even know that it exists.

I guess I can understand why Jeff wouldn't want to do it, because without the regulars posting in the general NBA forum occasionally, it would get even worse with the trolls and people lurking and not posting would probably split, thus cutting down the traffic.

The thing is, the regulars still post in the general forum on the boxing forum... The hard hitters forum is used for very serious conversations that we don't want trolls to overtake, but that forum isn't overused.

There is a delicate balance that the regulars have to be aware of with something like that.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:14 PM   #9
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
I split my time here and the OTC now. I want to have some good NBA discussions but its too hard to accomplish that in the NBA forum.

Which is very sad. When I first joined this place, it was a decent board to come to to talk about basketball. But now, its ridiculous. I doubt there's 10 posters at any one time who knows what they're talking about. Its all Kobe/LeBron/Durant/Cavs/Lakers/Jordan trolls and they have the same hate fest discussions in EVERY thread.

Really wish there was an IQ test required to join this website.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 05:16 PM   #10
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
I've been saying that for a while now. That is how they do it on the boxing forum that I'm on. There is the general boxing forum and then the heavy hitters lounge that you have to get an invite to... The regular posters don't even know that it exists.

I guess I can understand why Jeff wouldn't want to do it, because without the regulars posting in the general NBA forum occasionally, it would get even worse with the trolls and people lurking and not posting would probably split, thus cutting down the traffic.

The thing is, the regulars still post in the general forum on the boxing forum... The hard hitters forum is used for very serious conversations that we don't want trolls to overtake, but that forum isn't overused.

There is a delicate balance that the regulars have to be aware of with something like that.

I've been on several forums that have private sections for certain posters, and for the most part, it works out just fine.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:17 PM   #11
Gundress
Banned

Gundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputation

Quote:

What he said.
Gundress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 05:50 PM   #12
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Didnt there use to be a private section on here?
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 05:56 PM   #13
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
Yes... The WNBA Forum.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:57 PM   #14
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Yes... The WNBA Forum.

We could always just take over that forum and make it our own NBA forum. It would be cooler if we could just get a private forum tho, nothing hurts a man's pride more than posting in a WNBA forum.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 08:04 PM   #15
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
There was a forum with a password but it wasn't for NBA basketball talk. It was some private league of some sort.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: