Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 07-20-2010, 01:54 AM   #16
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Top 3 Favorite NFL Players of All-Time and Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoop_Cat
1. Lawrence Taylor (even after rape allegations) - Simply beast, talent level is unmatched

2. Ed Reed - Huge fan of his heart and dedication to the game; Miami speech

3. LaDainian Tomlinson - Best RB I've personally seen. TD Machine

I only became a football fan during the 00's so apart from the NY teams, my knowledge of outside players are limited.
who gives a hoot about off the field stuff.... i think we're talking on the field strictly... sh!T MY fave nba player is kobe the rapist
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:24 PM   #17
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace2010
Hi everyone here.I am so glad to come in here,good to see you all.

.... lmfao
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:10 PM   #18
Lebron Bryant
Go Patriots!

Lebron Bryant has not been impressing people

1 Adam Vinatieri, he was the real CLUTCH person on the Patriots, not Brady. Also had a hat sign by him .

2 Adrian Peterson, one of the most fun runners in the game right now. Only Chris Johnson is better.

3 Ted Bruschi, like him alot. Has a great passion for the game. Nice guy off the field from what i've heard. We have a dog in my house name after him
Lebron Bryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:58 AM   #19
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Polamalu
Ray Lewis
Larry Fitzgerald
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:33 PM   #20
Rendezvous32
Banned

Rendezvous32 is considered somewhat coolRendezvous32 is considered somewhat cool

1. Terrell Davis

Definition of a beast.....He's the reason why the Broncos have two Superbowl rings. Elway should give this guy a Thank you if he has to say Thank you to anyone. I love Terrell Davis, he had absolutely no weaknesses. I just hate the fact that his career was cut short because of injuries. He was never the fastest, the strongest, the most athletic, etc. He was just a fantastic player at everything.

2. Rod Smith

Rod Smith is quite possibly the most underrated WR in the NFL of all-time. I have nothing but respect for this guy. He came in the league as an undrafted player. The Broncos gave this guy a chance and he never looked back. The first catch this guy ever had in the NFL was a game winning Touchdown. He didn't care that he didn't get any receptions in the '98 Superbowl vs the Packers, because he knows that he did his job by blocking for Davis. I have so much respect for this guy. Never the fastest or most athletic player either, but he had a tremendous work-ethic.

3. Elvis Dumervil

I'm very pissed that this guy had that muscle injury. He's one of the best pass rushers in the NFL. He's an undersized linemen so he became a 3-4 LB, but he has an absolute motor. He has a nasty bullrush and a nastier speed rush. He just gets the QB and takes him down. I'm a lineman in High School Football and this is the guy I try to idolize, because a 3-4 LB like him is basically just a Defensive End that stands up.
Rendezvous32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 04:06 PM   #21
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

3. Ronnie Lott
The man was just a flat out beast. He was a ballhawk that could lay the wood. I believe he had around 60 picks over his career and returned many for touchdowns. He played the run very well and could play cornerback, free safety, and strong safety.

2. Reggie White
As a Redskins fan, White scared the crap out of me whenever we played the Eagles. He was a great combination of power, speed, and moves. He was a great players and his battles against the Hogs were epic. I'm happy he eventually left Philly and got that superbowl ring in Green Bay.

1. Gary Clark
This might be a surprise to many as Clark is not even the best Redskins WR ever let alone being a hall of famer. However, he was one of the greatest playmakers I have ever seen. He made many big catches during the season and post-season (a beauty against the Bills in the Super Bowl). Art Monk was the more consistent HOF WR but Clark could always be counted on to make the big play. He was one guy who even Deion Sanders admitted troubled him. He is not a household name but he is my favorite Redskin and favorite player of all time.
KingBeasley08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 05:20 PM   #22
ROCSteady
WALL*BEAL*NASH*KOBE

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

3.) LADAINIAN TOMLINSON- The best RB I have seen. The 2003 season was ridiculous. He was so steady and such a hard-worker whose whole life dedicated to football. Top 3 RB ever IMO in a diff era than the Brown, Simpson era.

2.) CLINTON PORTIS- Was my fav RB in the Nfl even dating back to Denver days. I prophecized the trade to WAS. Was right there when he busted his first carry as a Skin. Changed his role from a slasher for Gibbs to a pounder taking 25+ carries a game. A warrior, best blocking RB in the NFL and is absolutely hilarious and unique as an individual.

1.) SEAN TAYLOR (RIP)- The energy he brought to the games was unmatched. During warm-ups I used to only watch Meast pretty much. Born to be a football player, a man among boys dating back to his ROOKIE season. Best D players I have witnessed in game on field live are R Lewis, Urlacher, and Sean Taylor, who actually was the most impressive. Would have been top 3 or best safety of all-time. Could ball hawk and instill FEAR into the other players. Once in a generation type of talent. Such as shame
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 05:41 PM   #23
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Current:

1. Josh Cribbs - Self-explanatory... The best special-teamer who has ever lived, imo (yep... better than Tasker). He represents everything that is great about this city... hard-worker, tough as nails, loyal to a fault, a real person.

2. Charles Woodson - Led Michigan (my favorite college) to a national title in '98 and he is the only primarily defensive player to ever win the Heisman. He is also from Fremont, Ohio and I saw him play several times when he was in high school. Flat-out beast... He was a RB in high school. My goodness... What a player. Good guy, too.

3. Joe Thomas - His No. 73 authentic is my garment of choice when going to Browns' games (I have four home games this year). Arguably the best young LT in the game. He is also a Big Ten guy, which is a plus.

All-time:

1. Frank Minnifield & Hanford Dixon - Sorry... Have to mark these as one. They were the cornerback tandem for the Browns in the 80s that led to so much success. They were also the original Dawgs. The reason for the nickname is because they would bark at opponents when taking the field. The intimidation worked and they both were annual Pro Bowl selections.

The nickname stuck with the Browns and the rest is history.

2. Bernie Kosar - An icon in Cleveland. He was also originally from Boardman, Ohio, which helped endear him even more to the area.

3. Josh Cribbs - See above.

Special mention: Charles Woodson, Eric Metcalf, Clay Matthews, Joe Thomas
RedBlackAttack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 05:53 PM   #24
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Current:

1. Josh Cribbs - Self-explanatory... The best special-teamer who has ever lived, imo (yep... better than Tasker). He represents everything that is great about this city... hard-worker, tough as nails, loyal to a fault, a real person.

2. Charles Woodson - Led Michigan (my favorite college) to a national title in '98 and he is the only primarily defensive player to ever win the Heisman. He is also from Fremont, Ohio and I saw him play several times when he was in high school. Flat-out beast... He was a RB in high school. My goodness... What a player. Good guy, too.

3. Joe Thomas - His No. 73 authentic is my garment of choice when going to Browns' games (I have four home games this year). Arguably the best young LT in the game. He is also a Big Ten guy, which is a plus.

All-time:

1. Frank Minnifield & Hanford Dixon - Sorry... Have to mark these as one. They were the cornerback tandem for the Browns in the 80s that led to so much success. They were also the original Dawgs. The reason for the nickname is because they would bark at opponents when taking the field. The intimidation worked and they both were annual Pro Bowl selections.

The nickname stuck with the Browns and the rest is history.

2. Bernie Kosar - An icon in Cleveland. He was also originally from Boardman, Ohio, which helped endear him even more to the area.

3. Josh Cribbs - See above.

Special mention: Charles Woodson, Eric Metcalf, Clay Matthews, Joe Thomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-
favorite Non-Cowboys

3. Sam Bradford
2. Tommie Harris
1. Adrian Peterson

favorite Non-Cowboy/Non-Sooner

3. Icky Woods
2. Bo Jackson
1. Jim Brown
How is my #1 all time (non-Cowboy/Sooner) Jim Brown and you have him off your list?

that is awesome though at alrady having 4 home games lined up...

I am going to try to just mke 2 Dallas games this year....Thanksgiving and something else...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 05:58 PM   #25
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
How is my #1 all time (non-Cowboy/Sooner) Jim Brown and you have him off your list?

I have love for Jim Brown, but it is hard for me to put a guy that high up on my list that I never got to see play live. I grew up watching Minnifield, Dixon, Kosar, Metcalf, and Matthews.

Quote:
that is awesome though at alrady having 4 home games lined up...

I am going to try to just mke 2 Dallas games this year....Thanksgiving and something else...
Me and my bro have tix for KC, New England, NY Jets, and Baltimore. All 1 p.m. games, too, which I prefer.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:09 PM   #26
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Me and my bro have tix for KC, New England, NY Jets, and Baltimore. All 1 p.m. games, too, which I prefer.

Have you ever seen the Browns on the road?
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 06:10 PM   #27
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
Have you ever seen the Browns on the road?
In Pittsburgh several times. That includes both Three Rivers and Heinz Field.

Only Pittsburgh, though... Nowhere else.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:14 PM   #28
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
In Pittsburgh several times. That includes both Three Rivers and Heinz Field.

Only Pittsburgh, though... Nowhere else.

I saw the Bengals in Pittsburgh last year. I expected the treatment from the fans to be much, much worse. Just a few smartass comments, and nothing more.

It all honesty, the crowd seemed quite flat. I expected Steelers fans to be more into it, but maybe coming off a Super Bowl, the same fiery passion wasn't there. A lot of sitting on hands/leaving early when the outcome of the game was still in doubt.

It seems like the disdain there is moreso for the Browns, so your experiences may have been different.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 06:18 PM   #29
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
I saw the Bengals in Pittsburgh last year. I expected the treatment from the fans to be much, much worse. Just a few smartass comments, and nothing more.

It all honesty, the crowd seemed quite flat. I expected Steelers fans to be more into it, but maybe coming off a Super Bowl, the same fiery passion wasn't there. A lot of sitting on hands/leaving early when the outcome of the game was still in doubt.

It seems like the disdain there is moreso for the Browns, so your experiences may have been different.
Not really... I never heard anything outside of some good-natured ribbing, which I can give as well as take. I never found the Steelers crowds during the regular season to be all that crazy, to be completely honest.

Now, I have been to several Steelers' playoff games, including three AFC Championships because my uncle has season tickets and often invites me to big games... THOSE were nuts. But, they seem a little spoiled in the regular season games that I have been to...

When the Browns win a regular season game (any game), it is a big deal... Same goes for the Bengals.

Steelers fans are just kind of, "meh" about non-playoff games in my experiences.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:20 PM   #30
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i cant really give you three TOP favorites, i can only give you one. i have more than one favorite, but the top spot goes to:

Sean Taylor
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...: 429,r:4,s:0

i was just becoming a Redskins fan, then one morning i woke up for school, turned to sportscenter and heard them announce his death.... - RIP Sean Taylor
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: