Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-19-2006, 02:10 AM   #16
Jerm
I'm trying to improve myself. I'm the new, better Jerm

Jerm has an OK reputation so far

Maths is like the only absolute truth on this planet. Every other thing people have counter arguments.
Jerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 02:12 AM   #17
Señor Cedric
why live??

Señor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm
Maths is like the only absolute truth on this planet. Every other thing people have counter arguments.

History is all subjective.
Señor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 10:55 AM   #18
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
i thought amerigo vespucci discovered it, thats why the americas is named after him.
No. Columbus was too stupid to realize he had found another continent. Amerigo realized it was indeed a new continent. A German mapmaker named Martin Waldseemüller named the new continent after Amerigo, thus we get "America".

Now, as for the article. Of course there were people living in the New World before Columbus did, they even tell you that in school. Columbus thought he had reached the West Indies. When he got there, he saw people. What did he call them? Indians. From a global point of view, there really was no new discovery because America had probably been inhabited as long as Europe and Asia had been. But from an English/European point of view, it was a new discovery. They still thought the earth was flat, that it was the center of the universe and so on. They didn't know that America existed until Columbus discovered it. So to the English, it was a new discovery.

I don't know who taught you in school Jerm, but that article is basically a given, it just goes into more detail.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 12:45 PM   #19
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Basically the only people over 10 who believe that Columbus discovered America are the kids that go to those rich schools where everyone is too proud to admit that their European hero didn't really discover it. I'd say 80% of Americans beyond middle school know the truth though.
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 02:36 PM   #20
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Columbus's trip was considered a discovery because it led directly to colonization.

Anyone with half a brain knows he didn't literally discover it. Nomadic Asians settled there first via Alaska, the vikings made more than a few trips to NA and Irish monks also made the trip before Columbus.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 08:18 PM   #21
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

this is all lies. of course Columbus discovered America. why else would there be a holiday named after him?

you're so ignorant, Jerm.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 08:40 PM   #22
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

dood is this about the people that came from africa and crossed from the tip of siberia to alaska all the way down to america?
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 11:06 PM   #23
Jerm

9/10 of the people that have commented on this thread don't know what it's about. We all know that people were already living here before Columbus, what most of you don't know is that Africans were already in America before Columbus. All that talk about slaves being the first Africans on the American continent isn't true.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:57 PM   #24
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm
Yeah, that's another thing they teach you and you should learn to think and explore for yourself. Ever heard of the Mali Empire (Bigger than Rome), Egyptian?...That is for another thread, I'm here to debunk one European lie at a time.

although the egyptian empire was technically on african soil... those people were and are of an entirely different ethnicity than the rest of africa. they weren't black. they were mid-eastern.

and the mali empire was not bigger than the roman empire nor as advanced.

european civilization is supperior to african civilization and has been for a long long long time. theres no getting around that. i dont think its beause whties are superior, its because they had the right conditions for social and economic advancement.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 02:05 AM   #25
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
although the egyptian empire was technically on african soil... those people were and are of an entirely different ethnicity than the rest of africa. they weren't black. they were mid-eastern.

european civilization is supperior to african civilization and has been for a long long long time. theres no getting around that. i dont think its beause whties are superior, its because they had the right conditions for social and economic advancement.
Technically it is the same place but in your mind you are seperating the people similar in the way we seperate canadians from americans... But historically these are people of african decent. the middle easterns you are refering to are not the same people that occupy the land now... the people there now are nomads that migrated and integrated into that society. but the original civilized people of ancient egypt and sumeria were of african decent. the phenotypes of africans are different based on regions of where they lived but no less african.

The greatness of the european society is based upon savage and war like society. But many of the great thinkers studied or had a connection to egypt after it had been conquered by different civilizations... the university of alexandria is the bases for many of europes great minds and it spread from there northern africa otherwise known as egypt. Over time invaders took this knowledge for themselves and made it there own. If you look at the origins of the European they are caucasians which mean dead asians or white people. They mastered the art of savagery based on living conditions in the caucus mountains having no natural resources to call there own. They then migrated south conquering as they go along because of there savage nature and mastery of weaponary.

There are many africans that kept there original state in certain parts where they lived in jungles and used spears etc... People evolve based upon necessity or infiltration from outside influences. These people had all the natural recources they needed to survive. And where do you think modern medicine came from these same people in the jungles of africa and southamerica etc (herbalism)...

Mathematics is not an absolute because you have to deal with infinity...

Ivan Van Sertima has many great books and it is quite informative but just like history it must be kept in prespective... History is told by its conquerors or who is in control of society and its no longer really informative but a way to keep control. History goes hand and hand with religion which means to keep in bondage.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 03:29 AM   #26
final.wrath
Banned

right i agree with everything you said except that egyptians and africans are like canadians and americans. egyptians were the same race as the black africans.

and yeah europe was warlike and brutal... but so was everywhere else in the world.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:44 AM   #27
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
right i agree with everything you said except that egyptians and africans are like canadians and americans. egyptians were the same race as the black africans.

and yeah europe was warlike and brutal... but so was everywhere else in the world.
I stated they are the same...
i disagree if you look at history and you would see caucasians would be extremely brutal beheadings slavery scalping genocide etc... where in more civilized countries they would have slaves similar to indentured servants even some people that lost in wars eventually were allowed to rise and take political office own land etc... no in caucasian history they aimed to wipe out whole societys and take that societys knowledge as their own...
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 11:42 PM   #28
Jerm

Quote:

What are you talking about?...The Egyptians you see in Egypt now aren't the same as the Egyptians that were there back then.Arabs began occupying Egypt after a while. Have you heard of the Nubians? Go read up and stop lecturing your dad.

Mali Empire was bigger than the Roman Empire in terms of land mass they controlled. They won't teach you all these in school, you gotta learn for yourself.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:51 AM   #29
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Jerm = KRS 1
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 02:53 AM   #30
final.wrath
Banned

yeah i know who the nubians were, they werent black.

and you're wrong. rome controlled more landmass. mali empire was western africa... rome was almost all of europe...

biggest empire ever was ghengis khan for the record.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: