Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-22-2006, 12:23 AM   #46
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has an incredible reputation hereembersyc has an incredible reputation hereembersyc has an incredible reputation hereembersyc has an incredible reputation hereembersyc has an incredible reputation hereembersyc has an incredible reputation hereembersyc has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
What they do in Germany is evidence of people showing real guilt for what their forefathers did. You guys in America? You're acting like tearing apart an entire generation of people is just another part of history.

I'm white and yes the white people have done plenty of ****ed up **** to many many races, not just blacks, but I don't feel the need to take personal responsibility because I didn't do that ****. I grew up in a mixed family and was half raised by black people. My Stepfather is black and I love his side of the family like they are my blood relatives. I went to Detroit public schools till fifth grade were I was the minority, where I was called Honky and got my ass beat on a regular basis. Truth is my ancestors weren't even in this country until the 1930's, they were Germans, and Italians who weren't happy with the things their government was doing so they left their countries. To say I should have some guilt for what other people did is flat out ridiculous.

The reason history is taught the way it is, is because it is taught from a european point of view, the country is mostly European in origin, and Europeans until recent times were largely ignorant of the rest of the world. If there were books written by African civilization detailing the history of their civilizations it would be taught. Instead we have to rely on archealogy to discover this history. Partially due to the burning of the library at Alexandria, and many other atrocities throughout time, and partially because African society has relied more on oral tradition than on written history.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 09:14 AM   #47
Enigmatism
Raving Lunatic

Enigmatism has an OK reputation so far

Eh... what can I say, a lotta white folks think 40 years of civil rights fixes everything I guess...

For those who think Africans didn't fight back against the slave traders (1 example):
http://blackhistorypages.net/pages/nzinga.php

Last edited by Enigmatism : 11-22-2006 at 09:20 AM.
Enigmatism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 12:03 PM   #48
Heroin
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Heroin has an OK reputation so far

even if its true it means nothing. the africans couldnt kill the red indians the whites could and did. havent u heard the winner writes history.
Heroin is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: