Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 06-13-2010, 05:08 PM   #1
forensic91
I airball my layups

forensic91 has an OK reputation so far
Default Paid homeless guy to rebound my ball... am I a bad person?

Well I was shooting around at the park and all of a sudden I see this homeless guy walking around. He then comes up to me and asks me for some money.
I then tell him, I will give him 10$ if he rebounds my ball for a little while.

So I just kept shooting around and he kept passing my ball back to me. So after about an hour(had been shooting for 2 hours) I am tired so I give him 10$ and throw in and extra a 5$ certificate at Mcdonalds. He thanks me and walks away.

I told my parents this and they were all pissed off cuz they said "I took advantage of a homeless guy". I dunno I didnt see anything wrong with what I did. What do you guys think?
forensic91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 05:16 PM   #2
iamgine

iamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Paid homeless guy to rebound my ball... am I a bad person?

I think you paid too much and next time don't tell your parents.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 05:17 PM   #3
Abd El-Krim
Decent college freshman

Abd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation here

I think you can write that off.
Abd El-Krim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 06:06 PM   #4
Venom
Serious playground baller

Venom is considered somewhat coolVenom is considered somewhat coolVenom is considered somewhat cool

It depends. Was he an old guy that barely hobbled around, or was his able to chase the ball down with little to no problem?
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 06:35 PM   #5
623baller
dedicate

623baller has an OK reputation so far

i think you basically employed a guy(10 bucks /hr) and most likely he spent the bill on alki and used the mcdonalds coupon to get some food, not such a bad deal

i think your parents are just pissed because it doesnt seem like the right thing to do, because it does feel like you are taking advantage of a guy only because he's homeless, to be honest, if you told your parents you paid a friend or a jr high kid looking for a job, they probably just shurg their shoulders and go ok
623baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 06:55 PM   #6
dukecitydave
My backpacks got jets

dukecitydave has an OK reputation so far

I'm sure if you asked the homeless dude if he felt taken advantage of he would say no. I bet that BigMac and cheap bottle of vodka he got made his day!
dukecitydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 10:23 PM   #7
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster

i dont see how you took advantage of anything but a good situation.i probably woulda just gave him that gift certificate and kept the 10. but damn
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 02:27 AM   #8
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abd El-Krim
I think you can write that off.

Hahahaha

Nah man it's all good at least he worked for his money.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 04:02 PM   #9
jesingle
Can barely lace up my sneakers

jesingle has an OK reputation so far

I don't see anything wrong with this. I'm sure both of you were happy with the result! You didn't have to rebound and he has some dinner $ and cash left over!
jesingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:53 PM   #10
devin112
Local High School Star

devin112 is a pretty well-respected posterdevin112 is a pretty well-respected posterdevin112 is a pretty well-respected poster

exploit children labor, i have little kids in my neighbor hood rebound for me for free. i tell them it's how to play basketball, they go home and tell their parents i taught them how to play bball win win.
devin112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 01:13 AM   #11
bobbyflay
Kids at the park dunk on me

bobbyflay has an OK reputation so far

Yeah, nothing wrong with it. It's one of those things where when you think about it at first, you'll think it's wrong. That's probably why your parents got pissed.
bobbyflay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:13 PM   #12
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by forensic91
Well I was shooting around at the park and all of a sudden I see this homeless guy walking around. He then comes up to me and asks me for some money.
I then tell him, I will give him 10$ if he rebounds my ball for a little while.

So I just kept shooting around and he kept passing my ball back to me. So after about an hour(had been shooting for 2 hours) I am tired so I give him 10$ and throw in and extra a 5$ certificate at Mcdonalds. He thanks me and walks away.

I told my parents this and they were all pissed off cuz they said "I took advantage of a homeless guy". I dunno I didnt see anything wrong with what I did. What do you guys think?

It was a win-win situation. You got a chance to help an individual and he helped you out. It is all in proper context. You could have stiffed the guy, but u did not. Plus u gave him extra. That was a good deed on your part.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:18 PM   #13
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It's cool dude. I pay homeless guys to "rebound my balls" all the time.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:19 PM   #14
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

god damn i'm jealous, i wish there wer some more homeless folk around here
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:32 PM   #15
forensic91
I airball my layups

forensic91 has an OK reputation so far

Lol thanks for replies... The same guy was there today again and he again rebounded my ball lool. gave him 10$ for about 1h20-1h30. It's totally worth it I get SO many more shots in its crazy.

he said he hangs around that parc alot so If I ever needed him I could just ask.
forensic91 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: