Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2013, 03:36 AM   #1561
andremiller07
#Dre Day in Sac Town
 
andremiller07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 7,306
Default Re: Good Rap/Hip-Hop Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
Not that they couldn't hold their own, but 9th MADE Little Brother what they were. And they were DOPE. Still don't get why the split?

Just like Guru was sick, but without Premo I don't know if his career would have been the same. RIP

I basically like EVERY song Premier has EVER produced. 9th is just a notch below him, and Statik another notch below.

But THAT is my style of hip-hop. ^^
Yeap Premo def > 9th but they got different styles, different types of beats but yeah I agree Guru and Little Brother minus there DJ's just ain't the same.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:46 AM   #1562
KNOW1EDGE
OREGrOwN
 
KNOW1EDGE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: 'murica
Posts: 4,930
Default Re: Good Rap/Hip-Hop Thread

GangStarr Work- one of my fav songs of all time http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D7BA84oneg

Royce 5 9 Boom- premo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU4eAUF6BX0

mass appeal https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9lNbNGbo24

moment of truth https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH3hrtp1T84

nas ny state of mind-premo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKjj4hk0pV4

pitch black its all real-premo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGH4c1LZmR4

lox recognize-premo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGH4c1LZmR4

and my fav little brother song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNVU40d7iWI


All those beats are INCREDIBLE. Production is off the charts, and the people who rap over the beat ACTUALLY have lyrical content with meaning and substance
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:48 AM   #1563
andremiller07
#Dre Day in Sac Town
 
andremiller07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 7,306
Default Re: Good Rap/Hip-Hop Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
GangStarr Work- one of my fav songs of all time http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D7BA84oneg

Royce 5 9 Boom- premo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU4eAUF6BX0

mass appeal https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9lNbNGbo24

moment of truth https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH3hrtp1T84

nas ny state of mind-premo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKjj4hk0pV4

pitch black its all real-premo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGH4c1LZmR4

lox recognize-premo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGH4c1LZmR4

and my fav little brother song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNVU40d7iWI


All those beats are INCREDIBLE. Production is off the charts, and the people who rap over the beat ACTUALLY have lyrical content with meaning and substance
All fire and some of my favorites, some of Premo's stuff with Bumpy Knuckles (Freddie Foxx) are off the charts as well.

Last edited by andremiller07 : 07-17-2013 at 03:51 AM.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:55 AM   #1564
KNOW1EDGE
OREGrOwN
 
KNOW1EDGE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: 'murica
Posts: 4,930
Default Re: Good Rap/Hip-Hop Thread

Yeah have you heard the album they did together The Kolexxion? About a year ago. dope. a few of my fav from that album. And Bump is a total G, I love it.lol

BAP https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adTqVPVxV90

SHAKE THE ROOM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B80F6V7dwOU

MY THOUGHTS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09HB_r5oFRw
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:13 AM   #1565
andremiller07
#Dre Day in Sac Town
 
andremiller07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 7,306
Default Re: Good Rap/Hip-Hop Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
Yeah have you heard the album they did together The Kolexxion? About a year ago. dope. a few of my fav from that album. And Bump is a total G, I love it.lol

BAP https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adTqVPVxV90

SHAKE THE ROOM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B80F6V7dwOU

MY THOUGHTS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09HB_r5oFRw
Yeap was beast, Bumpy is probs the biggest G in rap, I heard a while back he made another rapper/producer (forgot him name) shit his pants literally by pulling a gun on him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3KWji7cU8Q - Masta Ace ft Problemaddicts - Hurting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIyUa7l7RvM Evidence (from Dilated People) ft Raekwon & Ras Kass - The Red Carpet
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:08 PM   #1566
CeltsGarlic
Gesaffelstain Fan
 
CeltsGarlic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: dungeons of rap
Posts: 7,713
Default Re: Good Rap/Hip-Hop Thread

http://bossip.com/766710/making-our-...up-their-mics/

Worst list ever
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:48 AM   #1567
KNOW1EDGE
OREGrOwN
 
KNOW1EDGE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: 'murica
Posts: 4,930
Default Re: Good Rap/Hip-Hop Thread

KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:39 PM   #1568
iggy>
happy tanksgiving
 
iggy>'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Philly
Posts: 3,910
Default Re: Good Rap/Hip-Hop Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:55 AM   #1569
KNOW1EDGE
OREGrOwN
 
KNOW1EDGE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: 'murica
Posts: 4,930
Default Re: Good Rap/Hip-Hop Thread

can somebody post a good rap/hip-hop song please??

And by good I mean: a good beat, with good production, a rapper who is being himself, who can actually rap, lyrics that aren't all about smoking weed, f*cking b1tches or getting money? A song NOT by Rick Ross, Lil Boosie, WackaflockaFlame or other wack rappers?? Maybe a rapper I have never heard of?

Kinda like this song, produced by DJ Premier. Reks "25th Hour"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF7AU12LMB0
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:31 AM   #1570
The-Legend-24
Keep it tight for me
 
The-Legend-24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: City of Angels
Posts: 3,366
Default Re: Good Rap/Hip-Hop Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
GangStarr Work- one of my fav songs of all time http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D7BA84oneg

Royce 5 9 Boom- premo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU4eAUF6BX0

mass appeal https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9lNbNGbo24

moment of truth https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH3hrtp1T84

nas ny state of mind-premo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKjj4hk0pV4

pitch black its all real-premo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGH4c1LZmR4

lox recognize-premo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGH4c1LZmR4

and my fav little brother song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNVU40d7iWI


All those beats are INCREDIBLE. Production is off the charts, and the people who rap over the beat ACTUALLY have lyrical content with meaning and substance
Dust.
The-Legend-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:28 PM   #1571
ace23
*****
 
ace23's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 10,275
Default Re: Good Rap/Hip-Hop Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
can somebody post a good rap/hip-hop song please??

And by good I mean: a good beat, with good production, a rapper who is being himself, who can actually rap, lyrics that aren't all about smoking weed, f*cking b1tches or getting money? A song NOT by Rick Ross, Lil Boosie, WackaflockaFlame or other wack rappers?? Maybe a rapper I have never heard of?

Kinda like this song, produced by DJ Premier. Reks "25th Hour"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF7AU12LMB0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpuJ9dgChio

You're welcome.
ace23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:31 PM   #1572
iggy>
happy tanksgiving
 
iggy>'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Philly
Posts: 3,910
Default Re: Good Rap/Hip-Hop Thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEhp...e_gdata_player

banger
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:58 PM   #1573
CelticPride13
Banned
 
CelticPride13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ireland
Posts: 229
Default Re: Good Rap/Hip-Hop Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliath Uterus
Future ft. Rocko - Chosen One (prod. 808 Mafia)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz1fP...M366w&index=18

^^^

god damn that beat...
A lot of songs posted here are pretty bad. All that song is are some guys rapping with autotune about bitches and money over an average beat.
CelticPride13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:20 PM   #1574
CelticPride13
Banned
 
CelticPride13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ireland
Posts: 229
Default Re: Good Rap/Hip-Hop Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliath Uterus
That beat is not average. Lol. and which songs are bad, and why?
A lot of songs I've heard in the past in this thread but I'm not bothered to look for them.
CelticPride13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:44 PM   #1575
abuC
Cuba
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,688
Default Re: Good Rap/Hip-Hop Thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5-2-jD-42Q


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHGUKtmUWl4
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:25 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy