Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2011, 11:16 PM   #826
Al Thornton
no sana no life
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: free wop
Posts: 22,092
Default Re: Good Rap/Hip-Hop Thread

i like doom a lot. he is creative, but not on lil b's level. he makes a consistent style of weird stuff while rapping mostly the same on every track. lil b has hundreds of rap styles and song concepts, he doesn't have a "sound". he's a internet rapper for an internet generation. one take songs, stream of conscious lyrics. whereas doom is spending hell of time writing intricate lyrics.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:16 PM   #827
East_Stone_Ya
Gentleman Desperado
 
East_Stone_Ya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: East_Side_Of_The_Rawkus
Posts: 5,226
Default Re: Good Rap/Hip-Hop Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
I know you haven't listened to his actual catalog if you are saying this

i have listened to his so called catalogue and por favor?
East_Stone_Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:17 PM   #828
Al Thornton
no sana no life
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: free wop
Posts: 22,092
Default Re: Good Rap/Hip-Hop Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by East_Stone_Ya
plz elaborate ehy u like his music so much? is it the hidden words? the flow? or his overall nonsense-not-sayin-much-retard-style?

it depends on the song. if you give me a specific one i can tell you.... .........

oh wait.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:19 PM   #829
Go Getter
Wild 100's
 
Go Getter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Wasatch Range
Posts: 14,325
Default Re: Good Rap/Hip-Hop Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
That's cool, but having scholarly knowledge and credentials have nothing to do with being able to understand someone.

I'm not saying it's wrong for you to not like Lil B. No one says you have to like him. That's your own taste that you are entitled to.

And from what I've heard from MF Doom, to me, he's very boring and his rapping skills, his mechanics are very basic imo. He may have some obscure allusions or slick metaphors from time to time, but I can't really get into him.

What are you talking about? I have the education and skills to decipher the meaning of poetry/lyrics. Do you actually think Lil B is harder to understand than Frost or Kipling?
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:20 PM   #830
Go Getter
Wild 100's
 
Go Getter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Wasatch Range
Posts: 14,325
Default Re: Good Rap/Hip-Hop Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV2
lol...how do you like Kool Keith/Dr Octagon and not Lil B? Both are unconventional.

I'm probably only a few years younger than Go Getter but I'm not stuck on the past, man.

If you think Keith or RZA is hot then you should think the same of Lil B. Only difference between them is the generation gap.


I don't really fux with them like that but they have way more talent than Lil B.

Dude is all gimmicks to get attention.

The earrings, the stupid mannerisms, the beat up shoes....they just like his style--they're gay like him.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:20 PM   #831
Al Thornton
no sana no life
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: free wop
Posts: 22,092
Default Re: Good Rap/Hip-Hop Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV2
lol...how do you like Kool Keith/Dr Octagon and not Lil B? Both are unconventional.

I'm probably only a few years younger than Go Getter but I'm not stuck on the past, man.

If you think Keith or RZA is hot then you should think the same of Lil B. Only difference between them is the generation gap.

a lot of older people are afraid of the future and he assumes the reason i and others like based god is because of the "swag nonsense" which couldn't farther from the truth, which are so obviously just for fun.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:20 PM   #832
East_Stone_Ya
Gentleman Desperado
 
East_Stone_Ya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: East_Side_Of_The_Rawkus
Posts: 5,226
Default Re: Good Rap/Hip-Hop Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
it depends on the song. if you give me a specific one i can tell you.... .........

oh wait.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8u6EodZseg

help me bring down the meaningful lyrics son!
East_Stone_Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:21 PM   #833
Go Getter
Wild 100's
 
Go Getter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Wasatch Range
Posts: 14,325
Default Re: Good Rap/Hip-Hop Thread

And I don't just hate on the new guys...I think Cole is cool, Tyler is okay, I fux with Wiz, Blu is okay, Curren$y gets bumped, Ehlzi is that dude, etc, etc....
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:23 PM   #834
Go Getter
Wild 100's
 
Go Getter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Wasatch Range
Posts: 14,325
Default Re: Good Rap/Hip-Hop Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
a lot of older people are afraid of the future and he assumes the reason i and others like based god is because of the "swag nonsense" which couldn't farther from the truth, which are so obviously just for fun.
You post pics and gifs of his style in bulk and expect people to think you don't admire his style?

C'mon son, even you know better than that.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:23 PM   #835
Al Thornton
no sana no life
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: free wop
Posts: 22,092
Default Re: Good Rap/Hip-Hop Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by East_Stone_Ya
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8u6EodZseg

help me bring down the meaningful lyrics son!

beat is different, lyrics are fun and stupid. original concept at the time that tons of rapper doing now of celeb name chant.

next...
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:24 PM   #836
Al Thornton
no sana no life
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: free wop
Posts: 22,092
Default Re: Good Rap/Hip-Hop Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
You post pics and gifs of his style in bulk and expect people to think you don't admire his style?

C'mon son, even you know better than that.

lol i do. but that's not why i like his music or any others, and i keep that separate from threads like this.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:24 PM   #837
ace23
*****
 
ace23's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 10,311
Default Re: Good Rap/Hip-Hop Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
i like doom a lot.
Wow, we agree on something.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:25 PM   #838
Go Getter
Wild 100's
 
Go Getter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Wasatch Range
Posts: 14,325
Default Re: Good Rap/Hip-Hop Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
I know you haven't listened to his actual catalog if you are saying this
I listen to the same songs you guys posted plus a few more.

I actually like his interviews better than his songs.

The way he broke down what happened with the guy that hit him was admirable.

I can dig the way he accentuates being positive as well.

But you gotta be able to spit hot lyrics and that's where he falls short sadly.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:26 PM   #839
Al Thornton
no sana no life
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: free wop
Posts: 22,092
Default Re: Good Rap/Hip-Hop Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
I listen to the same songs you guys posted plus a few more.

I actually like his interviews better than his songs.

The way he broke down what happened with the guy that hit him was admirable.

I can dig the way he accentuates being positive as well.

But you gotta be able to spit hot lyrics and that's where he falls short sadly.

again, you're missing the point, he is intentionally not being the "hot spitter". he is fully capable but he doesn't want to be that.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:26 PM   #840
East_Stone_Ya
Gentleman Desperado
 
East_Stone_Ya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: East_Side_Of_The_Rawkus
Posts: 5,226
Default Re: Good Rap/Hip-Hop Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
beat is different, lyrics are fun and stupid. original concept at the time that tons of rapper doing now of celeb name chant.

next...

ok.. how about this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZghGH...eature=related
East_Stone_Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:26 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy