Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2011, 11:26 PM   #841
Go Getter
Wild 100's
 
Go Getter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Wasatch Range
Posts: 14,324
Default Re: Good Rap/Hip-Hop Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
Once again man, you are missing the point. I'm not saying he's very difficult to decipher, because he's not. It has nothing to do with complexity. Besides, you could be the smartest man in the world and not understand the simplest of concepts.


You said I don't understand him.

I'm saying that I do understand him and I don't like what he's saying.

He makes songs about random dumb shit sometimes man...you gotta admit that, or, point me to a song with hidden meaning and I'll concede that you were right (in full or in part).
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:28 PM   #842
Go Getter
Wild 100's
 
Go Getter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Wasatch Range
Posts: 14,324
Default Re: Good Rap/Hip-Hop Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
again, you're missing the point, he is intentionally not being the "hot spitter". he is fully capable but he doesn't want to be that.


You don't have to kill a verse like a Brooklyn rapper to be a hot verse spitter, but you have to display lyrical skill.

You have failed to show me one song where he displays this.

I tried to give him a chance due to the aforementioned reasons but he sucks man.

There ain't nothing more to it.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:29 PM   #843
Al Thornton
no sana no life
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: free wop
Posts: 22,118
Default Re: Good Rap/Hip-Hop Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by East_Stone_Ya

beat is epic, takes the lex epic to the next level. hilarious contrast with the lyrics which are about a dumb cooking dance. can cook to it.

are you only going to post swag/cooking songs? because you do realize he is more than that right? ............. oh wait. no of course not.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:32 PM   #844
East_Stone_Ya
Gentleman Desperado
 
East_Stone_Ya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: East_Side_Of_The_Rawkus
Posts: 5,228
Default Re: Good Rap/Hip-Hop Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
beat is epic, takes the lex epic to the next level. hilarious contrast with the lyrics which are about a dumb cooking dance. can cook to it.

are you only going to post swag/cooking songs? because you do realize he is more than that right? ............. oh wait. no of course not.

**** outha here son... how about his best song in my opinon..huh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbMv7rVsBIs
East_Stone_Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:33 PM   #845
Go Getter
Wild 100's
 
Go Getter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Wasatch Range
Posts: 14,324
Default Re: Good Rap/Hip-Hop Thread

All of his work sounds rushed and cheap. He needs to take some more time with his lyrics/work, real talk.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:36 PM   #846
East_Stone_Ya
Gentleman Desperado
 
East_Stone_Ya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: East_Side_Of_The_Rawkus
Posts: 5,228
Default Re: Good Rap/Hip-Hop Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqibO1TT7yY Best Momma song since Dear Mama

i give the props for joe-budennisque-style copying but that's about it
East_Stone_Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:36 PM   #847
Al Thornton
no sana no life
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: free wop
Posts: 22,118
Default Re: Good Rap/Hip-Hop Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
All of his work sounds rushed and cheap. He needs to take some more time with his lyrics/work, real talk.



and you say you understand him really? thats the fvcking point. he doesn't write or revise lyrics, it's one take. the goal is to make it as genuine as possible.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:40 PM   #848
Go Getter
Wild 100's
 
Go Getter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Wasatch Range
Posts: 14,324
Default Re: Good Rap/Hip-Hop Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton


and you say you understand him really? thats the fvcking point. he doesn't write or revise lyrics, it's one take. the goal is to make it as genuine as possible.


I understand that he puts a lot of music out fast but MY understanding is that if it's not done well don't put it out.

Pac made tons of songs and they rarely sounded cheap and rushed...

You keep trying to say I don;t understand but I do--you are a fan of a wack rapper.

It's okay man. I bought a Das Efx album once.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:42 PM   #849
ace23
*****
 
ace23's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 10,473
Default Re: Good Rap/Hip-Hop Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqibO1TT7yY Best Momma song since Dear Mama
That was actually decent.
ace23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:44 PM   #850
Al Thornton
no sana no life
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: free wop
Posts: 22,118
Default Re: Good Rap/Hip-Hop Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
I understand that he puts a lot of music out fast but MY understanding is that if it's not done well don't put it out.

Pac made tons of songs and they rarely sounded cheap and rushed...

You keep trying to say I don;t understand but I do--you are a fan of a wack rapper.

It's okay man. I bought a Das Efx album once.

okay, he disagrees, as do i.

but no one cares about your opinion, posting it non stop is not gonna change that. ther'es a reason i have you on ignore and had to view your post right now because you troll every thread i make and it's annoying.

but the assumption you don't understand him is completely valid, because almost everyone doesn't.

Last edited by Al Thornton : 10-22-2011 at 11:47 PM.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 01:38 AM   #851
ace23
*****
 
ace23's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 10,473
Default Re: Good Rap/Hip-Hop Thread

Off the upcoming mixtape

Lupe Fiasco- Lightwork

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3RksmdhZc0
ace23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 04:34 AM   #852
Go Getter
Wild 100's
 
Go Getter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Wasatch Range
Posts: 14,324
Default Re: Good Rap/Hip-Hop Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
okay, he disagrees, as do i.

but no one cares about your opinion, posting it non stop is not gonna change that. ther'es a reason i have you on ignore and had to view your post right now because you troll every thread i make and it's annoying.

but the assumption you don't understand him is completely valid, because almost everyone doesn't.


You troll the board with topics about a bum rapper so I troll your threads giving my (honest) opinion.

But, if Lil B or Waka happens to make a song that I take a liking to I won't hate on it. Like I said I gave Lil B a chance but he failed.

There is nothing deep or out of the ordinary to understand. Dude sucks, even if you won't admit it or can't see it.

My opinion holds just as much, nay MORE weight than yours seeing asthough you are a fanboy swag surfin' youngster that's mystified by these new flash-in-the-pan non rapping, ignorant sounding (in Flaka'a case, at least B has a bit of intelligence about him) jerk-offs.

Last edited by Go Getter : 10-23-2011 at 04:36 AM.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 04:35 AM   #853
Go Getter
Wild 100's
 
Go Getter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Wasatch Range
Posts: 14,324
Default Re: Good Rap/Hip-Hop Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
Off the upcoming mixtape

Lupe Fiasco- Lightwork

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3RksmdhZc0


Lupe>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>Lil B/Flaka/and whoever else Al posts.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 05:41 AM   #854
Al Thornton
no sana no life
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: free wop
Posts: 22,118
Default Re: Good Rap/Hip-Hop Thread

LOL you listen to lupe fiasco

yes, i can do it too
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 05:47 AM   #855
Go Getter
Wild 100's
 
Go Getter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Wasatch Range
Posts: 14,324
Default Re: Good Rap/Hip-Hop Thread

Only thing is, when you do it I don't get all but hurt and defensive.

In addition, I can point to distinct areas where Lupe Fiasco's skill is much greater than Lil B's.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:55 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy