Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-23-2011, 12:07 AM   #886
East_Stone_Ya
Gentleman Desperado

East_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Good Rap/Hip-Hop Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
That's all people say. There's never an actual argument.

Like when I started arguing with people about J. Cole lol

creativity..really?
East_Stone_Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:08 AM   #887
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
"lol you listen to lil b"

really? very mature of a 30 year old man
Very gay of you to have a cache of pics of Lil B shirtless.

Again, acts like MF Doom, Kool Keith, ODB, Immortal Technique, Canibus, etc are very creative while being able to rap.

Lil spews non sense and you guys eat it up because you want to sex his swag.

Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:09 AM   #888
East_Stone_Ya
Gentleman Desperado

East_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
Very gay of you to have a cache of pics of Lil B shirtless.

Again, acts like MF Doom, Kool Keith, ODB, Immortal Technique, Canibus, etc are very creative while being able to rap.

Lil spews non sense and you guys eat it up because you want to sex his swag.

exactamento
Old 10-23-2011, 12:09 AM   #889
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by East_Stone_Ya
mfer u don't like Lil B... so stop posting that wacko shit..plz

i posted his music in this thread like 3 times at most so stfu, and yes i do like his music a lot.

Quote:

i can understand though, because it must be hell of frustrating to not understand him, but they make no effort to try.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:10 AM   #890
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
So I earn a scholarship for humanities, read voraciously, and write essays for $ and I can't understand Lil B?

His songs are stupid.

I like Kool Keith, the GZA, Immortal Technique, and MF Doom.

MF Doom is far more creative while also being much better a rhyming.

That's cool, but having scholarly knowledge and credentials have nothing to do with being able to understand someone.

I'm not saying it's wrong for you to not like Lil B. No one says you have to like him. That's your own taste that you are entitled to.

And from what I've heard from MF Doom, to me, he's very boring and his rapping skills, his mechanics are very basic imo. He may have some obscure allusions or slick metaphors from time to time, but I can't really get into him.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:10 AM   #891
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

The argument is that his songs make no sense, he has a no skill in actual rapping, and that his songs are random and made for people who put style over substance.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:13 AM   #892
DMV2
NBA Stats Watcher

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I listened to some tracks of his album and I listened to some of the youtube tracks he has that Al posted.

ALL ASS.

basuro.

garbage.

wack.

bunk.

weak.

stoopid.

substandard.

bad.

turrible.

unpalatable.
get the rare ones
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcmhXYvvMj8 the motivation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmW7kiq6qzs black and white
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVLvSN0duoI she dont love me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTztOtuUk28 get it while it's good
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:13 AM   #893
East_Stone_Ya
Gentleman Desperado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
i posted his music in this thread like 3 times at most so stfu, and yes i do like his music a lot.

i can understand though, because it must be hell of frustrating to not understand him, but they make no effort to try.

plz elaborate ehy u like his music so much? is it the hidden words? the flow? or his overall nonsense-not-sayin-much-retard-style?
Old 10-23-2011, 12:14 AM   #894
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
The argument is that his songs make no sense, he has a no skill in actual rapping, and that his songs are random and made for people who put style over substance.

I know you haven't listened to his actual catalog if you are saying this
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:16 AM   #895
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i like doom a lot. he is creative, but not on lil b's level. he makes a consistent style of weird stuff while rapping mostly the same on every track. lil b has hundreds of rap styles and song concepts, he doesn't have a "sound". he's a internet rapper for an internet generation. one take songs, stream of conscious lyrics. whereas doom is spending hell of time writing intricate lyrics.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:16 AM   #896
East_Stone_Ya
Gentleman Desperado

Quote:
I know you haven't listened to his actual catalog if you are saying this

i have listened to his so called catalogue and por favor?
Old 10-23-2011, 12:17 AM   #897
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Quote:
Originally Posted by East_Stone_Ya
plz elaborate ehy u like his music so much? is it the hidden words? the flow? or his overall nonsense-not-sayin-much-retard-style?

it depends on the song. if you give me a specific one i can tell you.... .........

oh wait.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:18 AM   #898
DMV2
NBA Stats Watcher

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

lol...how do you like Kool Keith/Dr Octagon and not Lil B? Both are unconventional.

I'm probably only a few years younger than Go Getter but I'm not stuck on the past, man.

If you think Keith or RZA is hot then you should think the same of Lil B. Only difference between them is the generation gap.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:19 AM   #899
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
That's cool, but having scholarly knowledge and credentials have nothing to do with being able to understand someone.

I'm not saying it's wrong for you to not like Lil B. No one says you have to like him. That's your own taste that you are entitled to.

And from what I've heard from MF Doom, to me, he's very boring and his rapping skills, his mechanics are very basic imo. He may have some obscure allusions or slick metaphors from time to time, but I can't really get into him.

What are you talking about? I have the education and skills to decipher the meaning of poetry/lyrics. Do you actually think Lil B is harder to understand than Frost or Kipling?
Old 10-23-2011, 12:20 AM   #900
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV2
lol...how do you like Kool Keith/Dr Octagon and not Lil B? Both are unconventional.

I'm probably only a few years younger than Go Getter but I'm not stuck on the past, man.

If you think Keith or RZA is hot then you should think the same of Lil B. Only difference between them is the generation gap.

I don't really fux with them like that but they have way more talent than Lil B.

Dude is all gimmicks to get attention.

The earrings, the stupid mannerisms, the beat up shoes....they just like his style--they're gay like him.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: