Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-03-2011, 03:35 PM   #1096
ballsohard247
All of the lights....

ballsohard247 is considered somewhat coolballsohard247 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Good Rap/Hip-Hop Thread

Anybody listen to Los? This dude needs to be signed asap.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J16RX...eature=related
ballsohard247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 06:00 PM   #1097
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

ludacris - rich & flexin (video)
still his best song in years. the video is cool too.

zeroh - mothaluva (im stoopid)
zeroh best experimental rapper out. here's the link to:
awful alterations

spaceghostpurrp - don't give damn miami bass
"SGP THE ONLY RAPPER TAKING IT BACK TO 89 . LETS SEE WHO JACK THIS !"

Last edited by Al Thornton : 12-03-2011 at 06:14 PM.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 07:04 PM   #1098
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballsohard247
Anybody listen to Los? This dude needs to be signed asap.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J16RX...eature=related
Yeah, he's crack.

Young Jeezy- Talk To Me feat. Freddie Gibbs & Eminem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDANaqsrDOM

I have a feeling Eminem probably has a verse on the track for the album, but it's not included here. And I don't normally like Jeezy, but I like this track.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 07:22 PM   #1099
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
Yeah, he's crack.

Young Jeezy- Talk To Me feat. Freddie Gibbs & Eminem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDANaqsrDOM

I have a feeling Eminem probably has a verse on the track for the album, but it's not included here. And I don't normally like Jeezy, but I like this track.

elaborate. what is good in this that isn't in his other work?

really i just want to know when you're going to grow out of the "ignorant rap = bad" phase

Last edited by Al Thornton : 12-03-2011 at 07:25 PM.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:27 PM   #1100
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
elaborate. what is good in this that isn't in his other work?

really i just want to know when you're going to grow out of the "ignorant rap = bad" phase
What?

I like the hook, Jeezy was spitting real shit, and Freddie did his thing. Eminem will probably body both on the album.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:32 PM   #1101
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Quote:
What?

I like the hook, Jeezy was spitting real shit, and Freddie did his thing. Eminem will probably body both on the album.

what does spitting real shit mean? i just see a standard jeezy verse. is it just the eminem credibility factor? if lupe (another "HES LYRICAL!" guy example) did a song with gucci would you say "i don't normally feel gucci but i like this track"?

Last edited by Al Thornton : 12-03-2011 at 07:36 PM.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:36 PM   #1102
ace23

Quote:
what does spitting real shit mean? i just see a standard jeezy verse.
Compare that to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AY0Bm2vLxg

I also liked the beat.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:38 PM   #1103
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Quote:
Compare that to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AY0Bm2vLxg

I also liked the beat.

huh? he's rapping a lot better on this track. but what is your point? i'm so confused........

Last edited by Al Thornton : 12-03-2011 at 07:40 PM.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:42 PM   #1104
ace23

Quote:
huh? he's rapping a lot better on this track. but what is your point? i'm so confused........
That's my point. He was better on this track than he usually is.

And please explain this:

Quote:
Old 12-03-2011, 07:45 PM   #1105
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Quote:
That's my point. He was better on this track than he usually is.

no he was rapping way better on the "trappin ain't dead" freestyle track i quoted........

but what was your point there?
Old 12-03-2011, 07:50 PM   #1106
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Quote:
And please explain this:

i find it strange that the kind of okay/mediocre jeezy track is the one that you're into but not the rest of his discography. but then i realize he's doing "struggle/depressing" rap instead of flexing or coke rap and i get it.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:00 PM   #1107
ace23

Quote:
i find it strange that the kind of okay/mediocre jeezy track is the one that you're into but not the rest of his discography. but then i realize he's doing "struggle/depressing" rap instead of flexing or coke rap and i get it.
Generally, that kind of rap is better in my opinion. Not always, though. It's a matter of personal preference.

I listen to some "ignorant" rap as well.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:06 PM   #1108
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Quote:
Generally, that kind of rap is better in my opinion. Not always, though. It's a matter of personal preference.

I listen to some "ignorant" rap as well.

i don't think it's that, i just think it's a phase rap fan will go through. because really does it matter whether they're relaying their struggle or just flexing? and in that specific example jeezy was spitting much harder on the mixtape freestyle than the album track.

both can be done well, both can be done horribly. but generally it's good if there is a balance. talib kweli wants to fvck a heaux's mouth too, but he doesn't capture that emotion in his music. it's the reason d brown is the best out, because he gets this.

Last edited by Al Thornton : 12-03-2011 at 08:13 PM.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:21 PM   #1109
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

alley boy - fake nxgga
Old 12-04-2011, 06:58 PM   #1110
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

you went from one of my favorite posters to get new hip hop from to below 50%. Did you hit your head last year or something? Did you move to some dirty south projects? I have no idea how this shit is sonically pleasing to you.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: