Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 07-19-2009, 05:42 AM   #1
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default My Summer League-- Lamar Doom's Twilight Tour Into Greatness (photos, stats, video)

prologue

I just turned 31 years old. I am 6'1" and around 200 pounds. I am not the best athlete on the planet but I love team sports and I can hold my own in most athletics. I at least dabbled in all the major sports (except hockey) throughout my schooling/life (no college level athletics, i was closest in swimming but I needed some work and wouldn't have survived the practices at the university i went to, but i've always been extremely strong and comfortable in the water). Most of the time these days I just play pick-up basketball or swim (I surf sometimes, ultimate frisbee, tennis rarely) but I've also done soccer and softball leagues since coming to Los Angeles.

I am a terrific outfielder, I usually play left. I played baseball growing up and was never very good but when I reached adult size I sort of figured it out.

Soccer is my worst sport that I "regularly" play, there's a lot of fundamental problems with my feet and brain's cooperation that I can't seem to fix. I love the run and it's fun but I get frustrated with not being able to do what I want. This is a league photo but I play a lot of soccer just kicking around with my friends. we play this game called "one-hop" where you have one hop (off the ground)(you can volley it if you want) to make a playable ball to one of the other players. If your pass isn't playable you're "out" of the point, if the person(s) you pass to doesn't make a playable pass from it, they're "out". once you're "out" you let the remaining players duel until there's one man standing and that's his point. Then you restart the ball with everyone back in. Game is to 10. So you're basically trying to jam the other person up or make them run and just get a touch on the ball but not be able to make it playable. is this making sense? it's a f*cking awesome game and it totally takes your mind off of how much you're running. my buddy in england plays in this court yard quadrangle and they play off of the four walls that surround them.

go get that header boy!

hands off my motherf*cking trophies!

So basketball is my favorite sport to play, I just think it's a beautiful game and it makes a lot of sense to me. I would love to tell you that I'm Magic Johnson out there but I relate more to guys like David Lee, Luke Walton, Sam Cassell, and Lamar. My dad was the captain of his division 1 (big ten) basketball team and even though he never forced basketball on me I always feel like I have those good "coach's kid fundamentals", good passing, good jump shooting, not a lot of turnovers or mistakes. My lateral speed and jumping aren't what they used to be (not that they were ever world class) but I consider myself a terrific defender and will usually volunteer to check the opponent's best guy. I am never the leading scorer but I always do a job and I'm a good, positive team mate.

I haven't played organized (indoor w/ refs) basketball in a few years but I have been looking for a league and finally found one that just started. This is the story of my experiences with that league.

Chapter 1 - Opening Week

that's me, i'm #7, i wear a Large in jerseys and the commissioner of the league gave me a 2XL so that's why I look like I'm 12 years old and swimming in my brother's hand me downs.

game 1- my team was assembled by the league and we had never played together. One of my friends from work joined the team and I've played pickup with him a handful of times and I think two of the other guys have a similar history. long story short, we had about 20 minutes of shooting around and talking to try to figure out what we were going to do. The team we played had been together for a while. I'm probably the second biggest guy on the team at 6'1" and we're up against a lot of size in this league. I ended up checking this guy who was 6'9" 250 and a load. He only got 6 points on me but he got a bunch of rebounds and I didn't even look to score inside against him or the other guy I was on. I missed all 4 of my jump shots but they were shots I normally hit around the elbow and wing and will happily take every time they're given to me. Despite not scoring I played okay, I did a good job on defense and only had one turnover. I fouled out (first time i've ever fouled out of a basketball game) with a few minutes left and had maybe 3 assists, 3 rebounds, a block, and a steal (i'm not really too worried about stats but I need to justify "I played okay" when i tell you i didn't score). We only scored 34 points in a loss and we are a pretty rough unit out there, there's only 2 or 3 guys who can score and the bottom of the barrel is pretty awful, I definitely should be starting and closing. I think we'll beat the team we played opening week next time around but they weren't nearly as good as some of the upcoming teams. We were in the game late and it was a fun first week experience. I only disliked one guy on my team which isn't bad.

Week 2 - pre-game

Okay a couple summers ago I found the best and most comfortable basketball shoe I'd ever worn. The "And1 Open Run Mid":

and I actually bought a second pair I liked them so much and would buy several more pairs if they hadn't been sold out for a year+. Seriously struggled with basketball shoes my whole life and these were perfect. Part of my struggle with basketball shoes is that I think so many of them are so f*cking ugly and over designed. Anyways these And1s are pretty worn in, and I have no problem rocking shoes with mileage, but my lovely girlfriend who is a diehard laker fan, bought me these new Kobes IV's "Draft Day Edition" (i've come a long way around on kobe but someone would have to buy me his shoes for me to wear them)

And I have to say they're pretty sweet and tomorrow I'm going to pass the torch to a new basketball shoe. Bittersweet changing of the guard.

So tomorrow is game 2 and we're playing a team that scored 98 points in their first game (we scored 34) and has guys who played football for notre dame and were drafted in the MLB. Could be a trainwreck of a game but I'm excited about holding my own and hopefully making it a game.

The league has photographers, statisticians, and video footage. I'll have my friends take some pictures too and hopefully there will be plenty to share down the road here. Games are every sunday so stay tuned I will report back after the game. If you guys are in leagues and want to post about it, go for it.

Last edited by Lamar Doom : 07-19-2009 at 07:55 AM.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 07:36 AM   #2
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: My Summer League-- Lamar Doom's Twilight Tour Into Greatness (photos, stats, vide

Awesome read, I love reading stuff like this.

I never played recreational basketball, but I did play national league basketball (very competitive) last year and the year before for my local team.

I played in the Under 18's competition (I'm 18 now, so It's up to the men's league next year). Anyway, in the UK, the country is split up into regions, North West (the league I played in), North East, etc, etc.

The season usually runs from mid-October to mid-March.

'07 - '08 Season

We were crap, we only had 4 wins and finished 4-14, which was terrible. I didn't play the entire season, I joined around 8th game or so. In the first 7 games of the season, the team went 3-4. Once I joined, we only won 1 game for the rest of the season and that was only a 10 point win over the worst team in the league, that hadn't won a game all season, they finished 0-18.

You can check those results here, http://www.englandbasketball.com/fix...s-results.aspx

Once you click on the link, chose the 07-08 season for Option 1. Then, for Option 2, select 'Under 18 Men North west Conference'. Then, for Option 4, select 'Wirral Hornets'. Then click the Filter button at the bottom.

It will give all the results from our games for the 07-08 season. If you click on the 'Details' link on the side for each game, it will give the box score. Unfortunately, the leading scorers were never listed, but score sheets were always kept and given to the coaches. We also had our own statician to keep track of rebounds, blocks, assists, steals, shot attempts, etc.

Last season, our worst loss, probably came from Westleigh Warriors on January 13th. We lost by 1 point. There was about 25 seconds left, with 24 seconds left on the shot clock. However, the table officials started the clock well before our inbounder even recieved the ball. A couple of us noticed and tried to tell the refs. By the time the refs noticed, there was about 6 seconds left on the clock. We tried to get the time back up, but the refs wouldn't allow it and only gave us an additional 7 seconds, giving us 13 seconds total.

Total bullsh!t call. But the refs we had are known for being terrible.

Anyway, we had to call another timeout because we needed a new play, but we had none, so we had a team huddle (the 5 of us who were on) whilst the refs were sorting the clock out. We decided on a decent play, which actually worked. One of our players got completely free and had an open lane to the basket. He drove in, but got fouled by three players, no foul called (which was typical considering how bad the refs were), so he just threw the ball up off the back board and hoped for the best. The ball misses and there's a longish rebound, I chase it down and - que Hollywood theatrics - whilst diving across the floor tip the ball to our best shooter who is wating at the of the key. He shoots the ball, with no time left, everyone goes quiet and watches the ball as it gracefully rotates through the air. The ball then bounces around the rim and people start to gasp. As the ball takes it's last bounce off the rim, the eyes of the crowd begin to widen. The ball falls through the net and our bench erupts, all I remember now, is getting rushed by the rest of the team as they all charge towards the guy who made the shot.

However, this is where the refs even managed to out do themselves in this game. The table officals (remember their f*ck up from earlier?), well they thought that there was no time left when the ball was still in the shooter's hands. Bullsh!t. I was watching the clock when he shot the ball, there was 0.3 seconds left on the clock when the ball first hit the rim (yes, I do remember that). So, the refs decide that the basket was no good and the other team should win. We then had to endure the other team cheering and belittling us with taunts and dance. F@gs.

'08 - '09 Season

We started clicking. In the first half of the season (we played 16 games total this year, 8 before Christmas and 8 after) we went 5-3, So we already beat our previous season record in less than half of the games.

Our final game before Christmas was a memorable game for me. I had the flu and I really did not want to play at all. I was off school, missing the training sessions and felt like sh!t. I wasn't eating, I had no energy and I spent 16+ hours of the day sleeping or atleast trying to. I also suffer from depression, so having the flu, didn't really help with that either.

Anyway, since I was in such a crappy mood, I decided to get a mohawk, just to make myself feel a bit better. I don't know why it would have, but it gave me some relief. I also wore some long blue socks for the game, much like your's Lamar in your softball pics, but mine were ski socks and really fluffy (I'll try and get a pic of them). I wore them because I get chill blaines (what ever they're called) in my toes, so I have to keep feet warm.

Like I said, I didn't want to play in the game, but if I didn't play, we would have only had 6 players for the game, because other players were on holiday and working. So, I had to drag myself out of bed, walk through the rain and freezing cold weather to where I was getting picked up by my coach and then sit in a car for an hour to go and play basketball.

I couldn't even take part in the warmups because I was too busy throwing up and just trying to get changed.

Anyway, I think this was my first start of the season (I'm a bench player, my job is to raise hell and grab as many rebounds as I can), so I my mood was slightly elevated. I'm the best jumper on the team, so when I start, I always go in for the tip, but I just couldn't do it this time. The thought of jumping made me sick.

Anyway, I was struggling in the game, I couldn't run, I couldn't breathe, I was winded after litterally 15 seconds of play. During timeouts I basically just collapsed onto the floor and waited for play to resume.

What was wierd though, was that I was actually playing well. I think I finished with about 16 points and around 22 rebounds (one of my best games, statistically). We played a zone defense because there was no way I could chase my man around.

We ended up winning the game and I probably lost about 10 years of my life, but it was absolutely amazing. It was the worst I have been, in terms of being sick, yet it was one of my most memorable moments in my whole life.

After this game, I always wore my blue ski socks for games for good luck. I looked like a clown, but it was great. I will try and get a picture of this aswell.

After the Christmas break, we came back and put a beating on Westleigh Warriors (the team that beat us by one point last year). We destroyed them, 111-46. Everyone came to play that day and everyone played 100% for the entire game. Everyon had something memorable from that game. I pinned some saps shot off the backboard. I chased him down on the fast break and was coming from the opposite side of the basket. I jumped behind him and just managed to stretch for the ball and get it with my fingers, but I managed to get enough power to smack it off the backboard and send the ball down to the other end of the court.

After that, things fell apart. We lost 4 games in a row. I fouled out in 3 of them and was one foul short of fouling out in the other. 19 fouls out of a possible 20 over 4 games. Personal record - Oh Yeah!

3 of those games we lost by double digits and we lost the other by 1 point. Another heartbreaker. We had a 2 point lead with 10 seconds left. The other team had one foul shot to go and made it. So it's now a 1 point lead with 10 seconds left. We drew a play that should have worked, but the communication just did not happen at all. We turned the ball over and the other team srambled for a layup. 1 point deficit for us and about 3 seconds left on the clock. We take a timeout and advance the ball up the court. Simple play for an easy shot. The play worked and the shot was incredibly close, but it didn't fall. Another tough lose that was hard to swollow, considering we had a big lead earlier in the game.

We managed to win the last 3 games of the season to finish with a record of 4-4 after Christmas and an overall record of 9-7. A winning record, booyah!

Check the boxscores here for the 08-09 season;

http://www.englandbasketball.com/fix...s-results.aspx

This time, for Option 1, select 08-09. For Option 2, select 'Under 18 Men North West I Conference' and then select 'Wirral Hornets' for Option 4 again. Then hit the Filter button.

After the season, our coach decided that he was taking a break from coaching national league basketball and we all had a big goodbye thing. As a gift, he gave every player their jersey in a frame, which was amazing. I've got mine hung up at the top of the stairs, so it's one of the first things you see when you walk in through the front door. My number was 13. I will also try and get pics of that.

I know it's a long read, but it's a good read with a bit of drama and Hollywood theatrics thrown in for good measure.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 07:46 AM   #3
UK-NJ
High School Starter

UK-NJ is a pretty well-respected posterUK-NJ is a pretty well-respected posterUK-NJ is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: My Summer League-- Lamar Doom's Twilight Tour Into Greatness (photos, stats, vide

Nice reads, guys. It's good to see some well thought out posts about lower level ball than just Lebron & Kobe **** 24-7.

Oh, and your officials sound even worse than NBA guys, Kebab.
UK-NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 07:54 AM   #4
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yeah, the officials are payed by the teams, so you can see how that works out. A little something extra from one team and boom, you're screwed.
Old 07-19-2009, 04:18 PM   #5
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Default Re: My Summer League-- Lamar Doom's Twilight Tour Into Greatness (photos, stats, video)

Maybe you should have posted this in the OTC Lamar, it would have gotten more views and replies.

Also, I'll try and get some pics up tomorrow.
Old 07-19-2009, 06:51 PM   #6
Automajic23
Playground Legend

Automajic23 is considered somewhat coolAutomajic23 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: My Summer League-- Lamar Doom's Twilight Tour Into Greatness (photos, stats, video)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
prologue

and I actually bought a second pair I liked them so much and would buy several more pairs if they hadn't been sold out for a year+. Seriously struggled with basketball shoes my whole life and these were perfect. Part of my struggle with basketball shoes is that I think so many of them are so f*cking ugly and over designed. Anyways these And1s are pretty worn in, and I have no problem rocking shoes with mileage, but my lovely girlfriend who is a diehard laker fan, bought me these new Kobes IV's "Draft Day Edition" (i've come a long way around on kobe but someone would have to buy me his shoes for me to wear them)

HOTNESS!
Automajic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 06:54 PM   #7
Suprageex
Are You Lucky, Punk?

Suprageex has decent reputationSuprageex has decent reputation

Good luck, and I'm looking forward to hearing more!

I wish I'd had such a GF. I want Kobe Iv's sooooo bad, but I'm on a budget, so...
Suprageex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 11:24 PM   #8
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Hell of a game, will update tonight or tomorrow but I'm off to watch sunday night shows (true blood, entourage) with the old lady. something to wet your whistle:

tried to shrink the jersey but it's still way too big.

the last one I was laughing with the ref about a kid on my team who is painfully obnoxious and delusional

Last edited by Lamar Doom : 07-19-2009 at 11:29 PM.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:40 PM   #9
halffttime
shorty doowop

halffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation here

finally! some action in the streetball forum.. nice socks
halffttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 11:47 PM   #10
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster

i wanna see some video of the games!
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 04:09 AM   #11
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

awsome thread looking forward to see how your games go
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 04:33 AM   #12
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Loving the socks. That's exactly how I had mine, minus the white.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:50 AM   #13
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak
i wanna see some video of the games!

i'll see what videos they have available when the site updates but it was really sloppy, could say it was a "defensive" game if you wanted to be kind but it was pretty helter skelter, tons of turnovers, fouls, and volleyball/hot potato rebounds. Came down to 51-48 the other team with 8 seconds left in regulation.... will update tomorrow (later today)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
Loving the socks. That's exactly how I had mine, minus the white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by halffttime
.. nice socks

edit- haha, those socks are SICK. i have always been a long socks guy and recently found a bunch of red lion socks (soccer socks) for cheap. Figured a nice combo of hippie and flossy was in order.

Last edited by Lamar Doom : 07-20-2009 at 06:56 AM.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:55 AM   #14
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Game 2

I had another rough game. I only took 2 shots and missed them both, the first one was a rebound and I rushed the putback, I hate that as much as anything. Didn't get the ball a lot and was too eager to give up the ball when I did which is unlike me, two games in I feel like I'm just waiting for open jumpers on offense and not really getting involved. I ran out and caught an outlet pass behind the defender and probably had a layup or a foul but opted to try to make a showtime pass to another guy on my team sprinting down but he stopped short and had to chase down my pass, I ended up just letting the defense get back, stupid mistake, I need to be more assertive. Had a nightmare of a time getting rebounds but did a good job on D, we played a zone. The team we played this week scored 98 points week 1 (we scored 34) and we really flustered their offense. I can't say it was a great game for me but I definitely do a job out there, my size and lack of errors makes me one of the best 5 by default, but I need to find a way to be a least somewhat productive from a scoring standpoint.

David...

There's one kid on our team who I have a major problem with. Little guy with a napolean complex who nobody can stand. He has a huge chip on his shoulder and a major sense of entitlement. You can't tell him anything and he thinks he's allen iverson/hot sauce, he bangs on the floor (along with numerous other obnoxious urban affectations) on defense and gets blown by every time. He b*tches nonstop and gripes about not starting and when he gets subbed. I let him play extra long in the 2nd half so i could play the last 5 minutes, I subbed in and played for 2-3 minutes before he tried to sub in for me again. We don't really have a coach to monitor or police this process and I should have just straight up told him "no" but I went to the bench. I got there and realized it was bullsh*t and told him next dead ball I was coming in for him. The next dead ball was another member of my team fouling out so i went in for him instead and the little dip sh*t kept making this gesture like "cut" (waving his hand in front of his neck as if to say "i'm not coming out") and yelling at me, I ended up screaming "i'm not in for you, shut the f*ck up" at him in front of the whole gym (got warned by the ref). I've never lost my cool on a team mate like that before, I've gotten mad about people criticizing my or other's mistakes before but never just screaming at someone to shut the f*ck up. I pride myself on being a supportive team mate but this kid is seriously f*cked up. He has some sort of social disorder and was dealt a sh*tty hand in life so I'm going to try to talk to him before next game to make it civil/peacey weesy, but he is a complete idiot and the entire team would be much happier if he didn't come back.

Here he is (the gold shoes are an extra douchey touch and of course he wanted to be #23):

one of his brain busting highlights was stopping to pick up a team mate after a no call while the other team ran a 5 on 3 break.

He doesn't pick up the ball when it bounces in his direction. He goes to take the ball up from the inbounds and picks his dribble up in the back court every time. He can't guard anybody man up and he was totally lost in the zone. He says sh*t like "I gotta be startin, ya'll don't know" and "i can feel everybody plottin on me" and crazy sh*t. He was talking sh*t about our best player (who had a monster game today) the first time he came out of the first game. He's just one of those people that you can't communicate with because his perspective is so far out of whack and lost in delusions of grandeur. Really frustrating. He ends up being the part of the game I've thought most about since it ended and that's a shame. My entire team feels the same way though only a few of us have actually barked at him so far. He stood brooding and alone after the game and didn't talk with any of us. I'm hoping he doesn't show up next week. If he does, here's to finding a way to make it tolerable the rest of the way home.

back to the game...

So we played these guys tough, they're supposed to be one of the best teams in the league, our best player had a monster game and a couple other guys really kept us in it. Some giant shots and stops down the stretch. 8 seconds left, 51-48 the other team, we're inbounding. This is my sh*t, my jumper is my best offensive weapon, I have no fear about/love taking big shots. I run to the top of the key where another team mate from the other side of the floor has done the same. The inbounds pass comes to him, I slide over about six feet to the 3-pointer at the elbow extended. We're both pretty god damned open he has a guy closing out on him. He lets the shot go and misses, i foul the guy who gets the rebound and we lose by 4 or 5. I'm not mad at the guy for shooting, I believe in taking the shot when you have it, just annoyed that I've been so unable to contribute in the scoring department in two games and would have loved the chance to hit a big 3 to send us into over time (my jumper is definitely better than his too, but again, I whole heartedly endorse letting it fly when you're open, Nellie/D'antoni style, school of bombardment). We were all pretty pleased with our effort compared to the opening week, the consensus was that if we could figure out how to deal with David (little dip sh*t, down syndrome version of eminem) we were going to be alright.

Other Game Notes:

The shoes were great, I didn't get a chance to break them in before the game and my feet were really hurting in warmups but were fine by tip off. They are super super light and I had a couple of leaps that i credit to the new shoe tech

The scoreboard malfunctioned and we had no clock to look at and the score was being kept by those flip-cards which was annoying.

My buddy from work who joined the team was a decorated high school basketball player in texas but is having an awful season so far. He's yet to score and has taken a ton of shots and missed so many layups it's crazy (including an open court layup off a steal at half court where he was by himself and hit the under side of the rim... humilating). Also missed all his free throws. He gets to the rim and just can't finish, great first step, probably keeps his head down too much but he gets there with relative ease, just had a heavy touch or been nervous every time. He's much more of a sensitive hot head than I am and you can see how frustrated he is and how much he feels like he's failing. It's actually made some of my struggles much easier to swallow.

so hopefully there will be some video and photos from the league that I can add when they update, these have all been shots by my friends. Will do a midweek update if there's anything good. Game 3 next sunday.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:30 PM   #15
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

That 23 guy sounds annoying lemme guess, he also jacks up jumpers off the dribble with the defenders hand in his face?

Props to you on keeping your cool though, I wouldve knocked that guy out by now
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: