Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-22-2010, 03:45 AM   #16
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

emsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Critique my critique on The Godfather

Last edited by emsteez forreal : 07-22-2010 at 03:47 AM.
emsteez forreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 03:52 AM   #17
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsteez forreal

hhahaha funny GIF but I didn't expect you to. You prolly were ironing your skinny jeans or trying to learn how to Dougie or sumthin
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:29 AM   #18
ivogetghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
Lol J$ ??
i spit mad fire yo, but im rusty. nah who is j$ though?
Old 07-22-2010, 07:16 PM   #19
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivogetghost
i spit mad fire yo, but im rusty. nah who is j$ though?
I really wish Santino would have had a bigger role in the trilogy. He was/is by far my favorite character. I maintain that he could have been an effective don (not as effective as Michael, mind you) had he lived that long. Before the Sollozzo/McCluskey hit, he was starting to bend a little bit, heed Tom's advice, and let sleeping dogs lie (at least temporarily). It was Mike, remember, that convinced them to allow the hit and kick of that firestorm that eventually landed Sonny in the morgue.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:00 PM   #20
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Pros
- F*cking LOVE the descriptive language. "Ominous music" "Grainy colours with red undertones/passion of Italian families." This was offensive to all five senses in da best way possible. If I was a girl I'd orgazm from the sheer amount of emotion each thing elicits.
- Liking the character development and I've read something previously from you about them in a diff thread. Really well done, mix of formal language and ebonical vernacular. Perhaps Fredo could've used a bit more emphasis though, seeing as how his cowardice was important.
- I know you did it before, but you mentioned the sonny's death, and the camera angle being used from his perspective. That was awesome. If you could kindly provide another example.
- Really organized and sequential to follow. Like no excessive sh!t, u clearly defined your topic sentence/theme, and lo and behold the supporting deets were ON POINT. Complex but concise.
- Liked the ending sentence a lot, but it's a wee bit cheezy with the paradox inclusion. I mean when u mentioned the whole baptism/murdering thing it sounded so badazz, but "despite using dark shadows, Godfather glows luminously" is kinda awk, but then again I'm a teenage girl.

Cons
- Wanted a bit more emphasis on the feminist and racist lines. I sensed restraint and rush on your behalf. You probably could've gone days on that, but it's 2010 and b!tchez and minorities want their share of attention.
- Bit more emphasis on Michael's luv relationship.
- Could you touch a little bit on the costumes, you gosh darn ironic fashionista, you?

Lol I can't really find any flaws, just what I personally would've preferred it as. Appreciate the post ROC, gonna spread this around I hope.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 11:30 PM   #21
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
Pros
- F*cking LOVE the descriptive language. "Ominous music" "Grainy colours with red undertones/passion of Italian families." This was offensive to all five senses in da best way possible. If I was a girl I'd orgazm from the sheer amount of emotion each thing elicits.
- Liking the character development and I've read something previously from you about them in a diff thread. Really well done, mix of formal language and ebonical vernacular. Perhaps Fredo could've used a bit more emphasis though, seeing as how his cowardice was important.
- I know you did it before, but you mentioned the sonny's death, and the camera angle being used from his perspective. That was awesome. If you could kindly provide another example.
- Really organized and sequential to follow. Like no excessive sh!t, u clearly defined your topic sentence/theme, and lo and behold the supporting deets were ON POINT. Complex but concise.
- Liked the ending sentence a lot, but it's a wee bit cheezy with the paradox inclusion. I mean when u mentioned the whole baptism/murdering thing it sounded so badazz, but "despite using dark shadows, Godfather glows luminously" is kinda awk, but then again I'm a teenage girl.

Cons
- Wanted a bit more emphasis on the feminist and racist lines. I sensed restraint and rush on your behalf. You probably could've gone days on that, but it's 2010 and b!tchez and minorities want their share of attention.
- Could you touch a little bit on the costumes, you gosh darn ironic fashionista, you?

Lol I can't really find any flaws, just what I personally would've preferred it as. Appreciate the post ROC, gonna spread this around I hope.

Thanks a lot man. Glad you did pros and cons
Old 07-25-2010, 11:40 PM   #22
Tito Beasley
Banned

Tito Beasley is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTito Beasley is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
Pros

Cons

jefferson money in mid-season form. magnificent.
Tito Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 02:52 AM   #23
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

emsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
hhahaha funny GIF but I didn't expect you to. You prolly were ironing your skinny jeans or trying to learn how to Dougie or sumthin

both, jokes on you, lol
emsteez forreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:16 AM   #24
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsteez forreal
both, jokes on you, lol

Simultaneously??
Old 07-27-2010, 04:04 PM   #25
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito Beasley
jefferson money in mid-season form. magnificent.

Precisely. I want Ukplayer4 to check it out though since he's the self-acclaimed film expert round here. Lol he does know his ish. Pete should read too if he likes Godfather.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:11 PM   #26
Shaolinswords
High School Starter

Shaolinswords has decent reputation

This really need a 'cool story bro' pic. REALLY.

No hate bro, I like you. No hetero.
Shaolinswords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 05:13 PM   #27
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolinswords
This really need a 'cool story bro' pic. REALLY.

No hate bro, I like you. No hetero.

haha it's whatever man. I knew only a few select would venture here and offer anything of substance. That "Cool Story Bro" ish is played out.

At least use the "Riveting Tale Chap" one cuz that was funny
Old 08-01-2012, 09:28 PM   #28
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

AMC Mob Week!!!

http://freshcutroc.wordpress.com/
Old 08-01-2012, 09:48 PM   #29
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

Mob Week!!!!!!!
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:43 PM   #30
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

sorry, i never saw this first time round.

will read tomorrow and get back to you, whats if for btw?
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: