Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 07-21-2010, 09:55 PM   #1
Rose
Moon Wizard

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Bulls possibly getting interested in T-mac?

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nb...ory?id=5399602

The Chicago Bulls are evaluating the health of free agent guard/forward Tracy McGrady and have talked to his representative, according to a person familiar with the situation.

Eh a decade too late in my eyes, but whatever. As long as he gets here on a one year deal, and doesn't disrupt the locker room I don't particularly mind.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:21 PM   #2
jphoc13
Can barely lace up my sneakers

jphoc13 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Bulls possibly getting interested in T-mac?

He is only 31. A possible resurgence is highly unlikely but it might be worth a shot.
jphoc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:26 PM   #3
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphoc13
He is only 31. A possible resurgence is highly unlikely but it might be worth a shot.

I really think Bulls should set their priorities on acquiring a legit shooter like Mason or Butler then a back up center like Kurt or Etan Thomas or Kwame Brown. Then they use their veteran's minimum to take a shot on TMac.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:07 AM   #4
spin57
I brick open layups

spin57 has an OK reputation so far

great lets give him a shot only 31 so if he is healthy he is a nice piece on this team.maybe he is out 2 prove he not washed up...and if he is well we still ok with out him
spin57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:30 AM   #5
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Bulls: Tracy, we would like to sign you to the Vet Min.
McGrady: Sorry, I can get more.
Bulls: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, Bye.

Done Deal.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:39 AM   #6
VishaltotheG
College star

VishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO infinity

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO MY GOSH

We don't need this old lame chucker disrupting team chemistry. He won't take a bench role, and if he starts, he will sacrifice good looks from other players only to chuck jumpers all day.
VishaltotheG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:07 AM   #7
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected poster

I'd be cool with it as long as it was a 1-year deal in the range of anywhere from the league minimum up to $2 million for the season. Not for anything more than that. I'd also consider adding a team option on a 2nd year in case he does play well then we get him back for an additional season at a very low cost.

In my eyes, it's worth the risk. I don't think he creates problems in the locker room. If he does then it's really the end of him and he doesn't want that. He doesn't want to disrupt things and give any team in the league any more reason to not give him a deal. He wants to prove to all the teams in the league that he can be a high character guy, good teamate, and can still contribute on the floor in some way shape or form. Why not let him prove that here with us? I strongly feel like he'd be a good teammate now and have alot to teach our guys.

The front office is going to bring him in for a physical and a workout...if they feel like he's in good shape and can perform then I trust their instinct.

At that price its a low risk. If he stinks it up we could just bench him and at the end of the year we let him go and hey we tried. If he plays well, we have another valueable asset on the roster at an extremely low price.

I could see him start and split time with Brewer at the 2. I feel like he could play 20-25 minutes a game, be an extra creator/ball handler on the floor with good passing ability, and can find ways to score points. From the few games he played for the Knicks last year he could still find ways to put points on the board. I could see him averaging like 12 points per game, 3-4 assists a game, 3-4 boards a game in 20-25 minutes a game.

We'll see. Either way I won't be upset. If we don't get him oh well, but if we do I'd be confident that the front office did their due diligence and are bringing him on with good reason.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:14 AM   #8
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected poster

In the 24 games he played for the Knicks last year he averaged:

26 minutes per game

9.4 points per game

3.9 assists per game

3.7 rebounds per game

Pretty good production. He'd have an easier time with scoring on our team and everything else would stay about the same. If he gives us like 12 ppg in that amount of playing time and then Brewer comes in with 20-25 minutes a game and provides great defense and another 10 ppg then I'd say were pretty well off at the 2 guard spot.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:32 AM   #9
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

yes, there is a chance.. i love the bulls roster...minutes take care of themself... i want to win

http://twitter.com/TheReal_TMAC

And he has this constipated look for his profile picture.

Other than that, I don't know where this whole buzz about his ego, and needing to start came from. He was pretty humbled after recovering from the last injury, and he's one of the most charitable players in the NBA.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:16 AM   #10
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

He's really been a humble player for a few seasons now. I don't think he would have an issue with not starting, but I think if he came here he could actually start and Brewer wouldn't have a problem either. Both would split time at the 2 guard spot and probably average about the same amount of time on the floor anyway.

T Mac has been training with Tim Grover for a long time now and if anybody can get a player into top shape and ready to play it's him. I just feel like its a low risk with a possibility for high reward. He played well with the Knicks last year and would have done better if he didn't have to rush back from surgery and rehab. He's add the whole offseason to get the knee stronger and get himself into even better shape. I think he's done that and he's ready to go.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:09 AM   #11
drwax26
High School Starter

drwax26 has decent reputationdrwax26 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
He's really been a humble player for a few seasons now. I don't think he would have an issue with not starting, but I think if he came here he could actually start and Brewer wouldn't have a problem either. Both would split time at the 2 guard spot and probably average about the same amount of time on the floor anyway.

T Mac has been training with Tim Grover for a long time now and if anybody can get a player into top shape and ready to play it's him. I just feel like its a low risk with a possibility for high reward. He played well with the Knicks last year and would have done better if he didn't have to rush back from surgery and rehab. He's add the whole offseason to get the knee stronger and get himself into even better shape. I think he's done that and he's ready to go.

The question isnt about him getting in shape, its about his back and his knees. I think he can help you maybe come playoff time but i dont think he would hold up for a full season his knees are shot. Doesnt it take at least a full year to recover from knee surgery especially the type of procedures he has had. There is a reason teams with Mcgrady have never made it out of the 1st round. I say hell no to him...
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:00 AM   #12
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

We wouldn't be asking for him to play heavy minutes or for him to even be a main reason for us getting to the playoffs or getting out of the first round.

Bottom line is at this point he's a league minimum player or a little bit more and in comparison to the other guys that will be getting paid the same amount of money he's the best of the bunch.

He's going to come in and workout for us on Monday so if he impresses management enough and negotiations go well I could see them going for it.

He had the surgery in February of 2009 so its been more than a year. He's been rehabing and working hard to get back ever since. He's worked alot with Tim Grover which I stress again is the best in the business.

If our Front Office and Coaches work him out on Monday and feel like he's fit, can hold up, and can come in and help us then I trust them.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:45 PM   #13
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way

God Help Us all if this is true. Tmac is DONE
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 01:02 PM   #14
game385
Great young streetballer

game385 has an OK reputation so far

If he's healthy I'd say he's worth the risk. Look at Grant Hill. It's not like we need him to be a major piece and the Bulls won't pay him much more than the minimum.
game385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 03:28 PM   #15
LosBulls
Bulls Fan Since 2010

LosBulls posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryLosBulls posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Some tweets from T-Mac's twitter:

@chicagolarry15 well i'm familiar with boozer if ya kno what i mean...noah's a relentless worker...rose a superstar..roster built to win

@Beatmaker777 knee is great...it's on pace for where it should be given the nature of the surgery i had...

i love the chi too bro..rehab'd knee surgery 7 months & spent valuable time w/ TG there..def one of top sports towns in US
LosBulls is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: