Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 07-22-2010, 03:31 PM   #16
drwax26
High School Starter

drwax26 has decent reputationdrwax26 has decent reputation
Default Re: Bulls possibly getting interested in T-mac?

NO NO NO!!! Please Jebus NOOOOO!!!! He shunned us in 2000 now he wants to play for us when he has 1 leg and half a back. No thank you T-Mac. Go get a gig as a tv announcer.
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 03:34 PM   #17
LosBulls
Bulls Fan Since 2010

LosBulls posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryLosBulls posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwax26
NO NO NO!!! Please Jebus NOOOOO!!!! He shunned us in 2000 now he wants to play for us when he has 1 leg and half a back. No thank you T-Mac. Go get a gig as a tv announcer.
You do realize that 1 leg and half a back will get us 15 5 and 5?
LosBulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 05:04 PM   #18
step_back
You see this knife?

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I say sign him if he's healthy, Luol has injury problems so rather ironically it would be a good move to have Mcgrady on the roster. He can also play the 2 and at 31 he isn't really that old. His knee is a bigger problem than his age.

Plus He has spent months working out with Tim grover, the best trainer in the basketball world! He will be a better player this year then last that's for sure.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 05:33 PM   #19
drwax26
High School Starter

drwax26 has decent reputationdrwax26 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosBulls
You do realize that 1 leg and half a back will get us 15 5 and 5?

15 5 5 in what universe? lol Cause he def isnt doing that now and if he did id jump in lake michigan in the january....
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 05:42 PM   #20
Rose
The cat's pajamas

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by step_back
I say sign him if he's healthy, Luol has injury problems so rather ironically it would be a good move to have Mcgrady on the roster. He can also play the 2 and at 31 he isn't really that old. His knee is a bigger problem than his age.

Plus He has spent months working out with Tim grover, the best trainer in the basketball world! He will be a better player this year then last that's for sure.

You do realize that our starting power forward and small forward are injury prone right? Bah! Let's add another injury prone guy! Rose-brewer-jj-taj-noah and cj and asik off the bench for life! I'm fine with tempting an injury guy or two, but three is kinda pushing it.
Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:17 PM   #21
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
You do realize that our starting power forward and small forward are injury prone right? Bah! Let's add another injury prone guy! Rose-brewer-jj-taj-noah and cj and asik off the bench for life! I'm fine with tempting an injury guy or two, but three is kinda pushing it.

That's kind of why I want T-Mac.

He has tried every stupid training program to get back into some NBA form. That knowledge is why he is worth a shot. He wont be starting and he knows it. Tim Grover is right around the corner, and I would LOVE to see Luol and Joakim go on one of Grover's training motifs. Hell, I would love to see the entire roster going to Attack Athletics for their conditioning. Tim Grover is a freaking physical therapy genius.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:22 PM   #22
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Tmac just isn't good anymore.... think Iverson
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:43 PM   #23
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
Tmac just isn't good anymore.... think Iverson

When I think Iverson, I think cancer.
When I think T-Mac, I think absent.

Were not talking Eddie Curry, or Jerome James contract here. Were talking league minimum.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:48 PM   #24
Rose
The cat's pajamas

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
That's kind of why I want T-Mac.

He has tried every stupid training program to get back into some NBA form. That knowledge is why he is worth a shot. He wont be starting and he knows it. Tim Grover is right around the corner, and I would LOVE to see Luol and Joakim go on one of Grover's training motifs. Hell, I would love to see the entire roster going to Attack Athletics for their conditioning. Tim Grover is a freaking physical therapy genius.

Yeah that's kind of why I like him, but only at a certain price like literally no more than 2 million a year. and just a one year contract with maybe a team option. I mean the guy really wants to play for us, and I was reading his interview stuff when he first started talking about coming back after his last surgery, and he knows he did it to himself, by literally never going to rehab his injuries before. So to me the guy wants to come back, and if he really does he's worth a look. But I just feel like there's too many injuries waiting to happen already. I guess overall if we get him cool, if not cool.
Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:21 AM   #25
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
Yeah that's kind of why I like him, but only at a certain price like literally no more than 2 million a year. and just a one year contract with maybe a team option. I mean the guy really wants to play for us, and I was reading his interview stuff when he first started talking about coming back after his last surgery, and he knows he did it to himself, by literally never going to rehab his injuries before. So to me the guy wants to come back, and if he really does he's worth a look. But I just feel like there's too many injuries waiting to happen already. I guess overall if we get him cool, if not cool.

Exactly how I feel.

I read that if the Lakers signed Barnes then they would be alot less likely to bring back Shannon Brown. Matt Barnes is said to have agreed to a deal with the Lakers so it seems like Brown is available.

The Bulls are interested in Brown and may go after him now.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:45 AM   #26
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected poster

Even though i've been supportive of bringing in McGrady (for the right price) if its between him and Shannon Brown then you have to go with Shannon Brown. He is only 24 years old and hasn't had any injuries. Just alot safer bet then gambling on TMac if it comes down to these two players to backup Brewer. Brown has turned into a pretty good spot up 3-point shooter. Hustles on the defensive end. Strong player. Pretty good ball handler. Doesn't make many dumb plays. Smart ball handler that doesn' turn the ball over. We all know what he can do in the open floor with his dunking ability...picture him running the break with DRose.

We'll see. The Bulls have seemed to be interested in going after him if it seemed like he wouldn't return to the Lakers. With them picking up Barnes it seems unlikely that they will bring back Brown. If they workout TMac on Monday and have any doubts about him then I think they make Shannon Brown their #1 target for the backup 2 guard spot.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 03:15 AM   #27
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Shannon Brown is good too, but I keep thinking about the whole Gervin-Jordan era, and how that rubbed off on Mike at a young age. T-Mac is kind of in that same boat, and there is something about an ex-superstar that can bring things to the table that not many people can.

If the Bulls pick-up T-Mac, he would be a 12th-13th man. He would have to show that he helps the team win to get that playing time. He wouldn't automatically become the backup to Brewer. If we bring in 2 SGs, were set, and the offseason for us is done, until training camps and preseason.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:06 AM   #28
Bull4Life
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Bull4Life has an OK reputation so far

Between T-Mac and Brown,i would pick Tracy,we need some experience..
He still can be decent backup on SG or SF,behind Deng-because I dont have a trust in Johnson yet.. For right price.sign him!
Bull4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:51 AM   #29
sanders2021
I hit open layups

sanders2021 has an OK reputation so far

I'd support a Shannon Brown or a TMac signing. Brown improved his three-point shooting immensely last year, making 62 of 189 attempts (as opposed to making 30 of 92 for the rest of his career combined). A lot of this probably has to do with receiving consistent minutes--last year he played 1,700 minutes, and he only played 917 minutes combined for the rest of his career.

Brown is clearly trending upward, while McGrady is obviously on the far lower end of his career. I think I'd prefer Brown because he fits in nicely with the young core and I think he could develop into a very nice second option at the 2 guard.
sanders2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:13 AM   #30
Glide2keva
NBA sixth man of the year

Glide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanders2021
I'd support a Shannon Brown or a TMac signing. Brown improved his three-point shooting immensely last year, making 62 of 189 attempts (as opposed to making 30 of 92 for the rest of his career combined). A lot of this probably has to do with receiving consistent minutes--last year he played 1,700 minutes, and he only played 917 minutes combined for the rest of his career.

Brown is clearly trending upward, while McGrady is obviously on the far lower end of his career. I think I'd prefer Brown because he fits in nicely with the young core and I think he could develop into a very nice second option at the 2 guard.
This.
Glide2keva is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: