Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-22-2010, 12:53 PM   #16
G-Funk
Palm Trees & Gangsters

G-Funk has decent reputation
Default Re: where would you rather live: Brooklyn or Compton?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivogetghost
wish I was in your shoes. Im stuck in gay ass louisiana. California's cost of living is high as hell huh?

but u also get paid more. IF ppl couln't survive out here L.A wouldnt be the second largest city in America.
G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:57 PM   #17
JayGuevara
Hellbound

JayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I never been to either, but gimme Compton. LA winters > NY winters. I'm sure I can handle the hood, but I barely survive winter every year.
JayGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 01:41 PM   #18
hito da god
look that way >>>>

hito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected poster

give me brooklyn, and i absolutely hate that borough....... the thought of the hipsters and ghetto trash in that borough get me agitated but it's better than living in LA where everybody and their mother is an aspiring entertainer.

once a new yorker, always a new yorker.
hito da god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 01:53 PM   #19
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements
Brooklyn. Chicken and waffles.

never been to Roscoe's?
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 01:54 PM   #20
Snoop_Cat
Banned

Snoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGuevara
I never been to either, but gimme Compton. LA winters > NY winters. I'm sure I can handle the hood, but I barely survive winter every year.

NY winters > Detroit winters. I think you'd be fine in NY if Detroit winters haven't killed you off.
Snoop_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 01:54 PM   #21
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

How many people here actually from BK?

I'm from Compton, and just like most cities.... it has its bad neighborhoods and its decent ones, but it aint a stroll in the park.

Having said that.... I'm sure there's more stuff to do in BK.

while I agree that Compton is located close to beaches, clubs, etc. etc. they're not 'in' Compton itself. You gotta leave Compton to go anywhere decent, and you gotta do it on a car.

Whereas in BK, one can just hop on a cab or train, or even walk to their destination.

We do have better weather, but we also have more crime (I'm assuming).
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 01:58 PM   #22
JayGuevara
Hellbound

JayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoop_Cat
NY winters > Detroit winters. I think you'd be fine in NY if Detroit winters haven't killed you off.

Probably, but Detroit winters have killed most of my soul at least.

If all things were equal, I'd avoid sub-40 degree temperatures and snow and having to wear 8 layers to go outside completely.

However, I'm certain Brooklyn and Compton are both infinitely better than Detroit.
JayGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:12 PM   #23
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Brooklyn because East Coast >>> West Coast from my experience.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:17 PM   #24
ivogetghost

how much is the average apartment cost to live in california or new york? Also, are there any cheap places to live in those states?
Old 07-22-2010, 02:23 PM   #25
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Brooklyn. I love Cali but I'm an East Coast guy.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:31 PM   #26
leopoldstotch
Book 'em Dan'l

leopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeypox
The danger of compton is pretty overrated. Parts of downtown are probably more dangerous than compton, particularly in the bordering areas. It's all pretty dispersed so you don't have everyone living on top of each other like in Brooklyn. Although I imagine Brooklyn is more fun. Compton really is just church, liquor store, gun store, churches chicken, 99cent store. I live about 15 minutes from compton and I drive through on occasion and it's not that different than the surrounding areas.

that's racist. j/k

but yeah been to both areas. brooklyn and compton. good thing about brooklyn is easy access to mass transportation so you don't have to worry about cars and parking during work days and easy access to manhattan. good thing about compton is near the beach and LA is pretty nice.

i would choose compton, because of 1 major factor. the brooklyn hipsters like the above hipster said. they scare me.

hell they even have a location in brooklyn marked on google maps called "Hipster Central". if that doesn't scare you, then i don't know what does.
leopoldstotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:52 PM   #27
Saintsfan1992
Good High School Starter

Saintsfan1992 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivogetghost
wish I was in your shoes. Im stuck in gay ass louisiana. California's cost of living is high as hell huh?

**** you *****, u cant survive in louisiana F@ck boy.
Saintsfan1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 04:24 PM   #28
1manfastbreak
B A Y A R E A , C A

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster

rent varies by cities. Sacramento is pretty damn cheap, you can get a 1 bedroom apartment for like 500-600 a month, compared to a 1 bdrm apartment in San Francisco, which would be 1800+ a month. not sure what la's prices are like.

i could never live in new york, snow? muggy humid hot summers? no thanks
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 04:27 PM   #29
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Brooklyn

I love NY more than Cali
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 05:07 PM   #30
ivogetghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintsfan1992
**** you *****, u cant survive in louisiana F@ck boy.
n1gga you know louisiana garbage.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: