Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 07-22-2010, 03:20 PM   #1
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Who's gonna play center?

With all the CP3 talk going around I've lost track of our current roster. We can't expect Nazr to carry the whole load for 82 games and Diop is not the answer. Maybe we use Dampier's contract and some combo of players for someone like Kamen? What do y'all think?
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 03:38 PM   #2
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Who's gonna play center?

I've been rooting to get Kamen for years. If we can't get him then trade Dampier's contract for Shaquille and let him play for us for a couple of seasons til we can get someone else. Oh, maybe we'll be trading Dampier's contract for CP3. In which case CP3 and Kamen would be just fine.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:37 PM   #3
acidbasesalt
Coward Saviour

acidbasesalt has decent reputationacidbasesalt has decent reputation

Too early to worry about this.

I am more concerned over the possible lockout the upcoming season.
acidbasesalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:13 PM   #4
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidbasesalt
Too early to worry about this.

I am more concerned over the possible lockout the upcoming season.

Isn't the possible lockout for the 2011-2012 season and not the 2010-2011 season? Why worry about two seasons forward rather than just the upcoming season?
Old 07-22-2010, 10:25 PM   #5
acidbasesalt
Coward Saviour

acidbasesalt has decent reputationacidbasesalt has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
Isn't the possible lockout for the 2011-2012 season and not the 2010-2011 season? Why worry about two seasons forward rather than just the upcoming season?

The current collective bargaining aggrement ends next season I believe.
A new agreement must be reached before the last day of the current agreement.

When Obama won the election, he didn't immediately become the president, but had to let Bush finish up the term.

Expect some drama during the negotiations. I can already smell gunpowder...
acidbasesalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:26 PM   #6
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidbasesalt
The current collective bargaining aggrement ends next season I believe.
A new agreement must be reached before the last day of the current agreement.

When Obama won the election, he didn't immediately become the president, but had to let Bush finish up the term.

Expect some drama during the negotiations. I can already smell gunpowder...

Thank you for the explanation.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:23 PM   #7
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

July 27, 2010
Looks like center-by-committee

Phoenix Suns big man Louis Amundson told the Arizona Republic's Paul Coro the Charlotte Bobcats are among teams interested in signing him. Amundson said Golden State and Toronto are also interested and it's unlikely the Suns will bring him back.

That seemingly confirms two things: That it's likely, if not inevitable, the Bobcats will waive Erick Dampier (rather than trade him) to avoid a $13 million salary. And the Bobcats will play center-by-committee, with Nazr Mohammed, Gana Diop and one other big man sharing the minutes pretty freely.

Posted by Observer Sports on July 27, 2010 at 10:27 AM |

http://blogs.charlotte.com/inside_th...committee.html
Old 07-28-2010, 03:55 AM   #8
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation here

nice! i like almundson a lot, he'd be a nice pickup
Quizno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:54 PM   #9
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm cool with it. I just hope Livingston works out. We could be pretty damn decent if he plays up to his potential.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: