Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 07-24-2010, 04:38 AM   #1
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Default Baseketball4life's Fantasy Football Rankings (with commentary)

Since I was bored with nothing to do at work today, I took the time to research and rank my top 20 QBs, top 20 WRs, top 25 RBs, and top 12 TE's for fantasy this year (assuming traditional scoring).

Top 20 QBs for 2010

1. Drew Brees - The NFL's best QB in the NFL's most potent offense, he's my clear #1

2. Aaron Rodgers - Fastest riser in the past couple of seasons, will not pose a big threat to the top spot with my expectation that Donald Driver is finished this year. That said he has Greg Jennings and Jermichael Finley among others to post big time numbers.

3. Peyton Manning - Last year's MVP, he is probably the most sure thing in the game, I like to refer to him as the robot because of the way he plays on the field he does everything so precise.

4. Tony Romo - Believe the upside with all those weapons on his Cowboy team they could challenge as the highest scoring offense which gives Romo potential to finish even higher.

5. Tom Brady - A year removed from ACL surgery, Brady will get back to his top form in a vintage season

6. Phillip Rivers - Hurt a little by the potential lengthy loss of Vincent Jackson, but still has Antonio Gates, Darren Sproles, Malcolm Floyd and Legadu Nanee at his disposal.

7. Matt Schaub - Only thing keeping him from being ranked higher is that he is so injury prone, before last year had back to back seasons getting injured. Love him per game.

8. Jay Cutler - With Mike Martz should bounce back to near elite, Martz turned Kitna into a 4,400 yard passer in Detroit, I have no doubts that Cutler will surpass 4,000 passing yards and 25 TDs.

9. Kevin Kolb - Passing offense, Kolb has all the tools to execute as we saw in his two starts last year, with so many weapons and a wise coach Kolb will post big numbers.

10. Donovan McNabb - Not so fast to write this guy off, with adequate weapons and a very smart offensive mind in Shannahan McNabb will still be a viable starter for fantasy managers.

11. Brett Favre - Assuming he comes back I don't think he can match the 4200 and 33 TD from last year but something like 3,800 and 24 TD or so will suffice.

12. Carson Palmer - Sleeper, if he can show his arm is back he has the weapons and offensive line to get it done, remember he posted several strong seasons in a row. *new edit* With Owens signing that gives Palmer a good target opposite Ochocinco and you know the Bengals are going to pass more or else why would they bring in TO, I look for Palmer to flirt with 4,000 yards and 25+ once again.

13. Matt Stafford - averaged almost 230 yards per game as a rookie which was on pace for 3,700 with another year of experience and the Lions trailing most games, he has the weapons, ability and cannon arm to get near or over 4,000 yards passing with mid 20's TDs potentially. Only thing is he is unproven that's what's keeping him from being ranked higher.

14. Eli Manning - I look for Manning's stats to fall a bit with the running game getting healthy and going again for the Giants but he is still reliable and a very smart QB.

15. Joe Flacco - The Ravens should pass a little more with the Boldin addition but keep in mind this is a running team and that won't change.

16. Matt Ryan - Same thing as above, Falcons may pass a little more but this is a running team capping Ryan's potential I wouldn't be comfortable with him as my starter in any league.

17. Alex Smith - Another Sleeper if you extrapolate his numbers from last year you get 3,600 yards passing with 25 TD's and that was his first year off injury and without Crabtree for part of the year. With another year to get comfortable with everything he is a real sleeper.

18. Matt Hasselbeck - With an improved offensive line, and a better coaching staff in place he has some sleeper value as a backup/bye week option.

19. Vince Young - Titans too conservative for him to be a good starter in fantasy

20. Ben Roethlisberger - Due to suspension he is ranked here but upon return shoots up much higher, just below Kolb and above McNabb

Last edited by baseketball4life : 07-27-2010 at 07:39 PM.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 04:40 AM   #2
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Default Re: Baseketball4life's Fantasy Football Rankings (with commentary)

Top 20 Fantasy WR's for 2010

1. Andre Johnson - back to back 1500+ yard seasons it's not even close, the best WR in the game

2. Calvin Johnson - bullish on this guy, put up 1300 yards with Kitna at QB 2 years ago, with a big arm like Stafford's and Burleson and Scheffler and Best to take some coverage off him he should post a career year don't be surprised at 1400 yards and 10-13 TDs

3. Larry Fitzgerald - Sick of hearing this talk about Leinart holding him down, it's more likely that he will bring up Leinart you can mark him down for 1,200 yards receiving and atleast 12 TDs out the gate.

4. Randy Moss - Contract year motivated to post one more vintage season, expect 12+ TD's but the yardage won't be all that high and playing last year hurt I give him a injury risk to.

5. Roddy White - Matt Ryan's no. 1 posted 1,200 yards and 11 TDs, I expect there to be potential for more as Ryan improves.

6. Greg Jennings - Aaron Rodgers #1 will take a step forward this year, I think he's got a shot at a career year since DD will be done look for Jennings to pass 1,200 yards with ease.

7. Brandon Marshall - Miami would not have brought this beast in without planning to feed him the rock, they are a running team but when they pass you better believe it's going baby T.O's way. Look for 1,100 yards and 8 TDs he's a better value in PPR but still a stud in traditional scoring.

8. Miles Austin - Romo's top dog last year I think he will regress a bit with Dez Bryant's arrival and Roy Williams motivated that being said he will eclipse 1,000 yards with ease and has the big play potential to score quite a few times.

9. Reggie Wayne - The beginning of the fall of Reggie Wayne, between his knee woes and inexplicable stats drop off the 2nd half of last year I don't like Wayne much at all for his ADP he may still post 1,000 yards and 8 TD's but that's a far cry from where he's being picked.

10. Marques Colston - Through all the shifting pieces in the league's highest powered offense Colston still got his putting up almost 1,100 yards and 9 TDs I expect more of the same out of this guy in the upcoming season and he does have potential for more.

11. DeSean Jackson - I think he's hurt a bit by the loss of McNabb, I like Kolb but he's more of a short to intermediate passer whereas McNabb could flick his wrist on that long ball and DeSean was gone. He should get around 1,000 yards and 7 TDs still but those big sunday's will happen less often with Kolb under center.

12. Sidney Rice - this is assuming Favre returns, with Favre back Rice should still be a good option although he will decline a bit as Favre's ability will also take a hit this year.

13. Steve Smith CAR - Look for a bounceback year as SS and Moore have a good rapport, he just needs a consistent QB not named Delhomme to get him the rock, he's capable of a outstanding line remember just a season removed from over 1400 receiving yards he has that kind of upside.

14. Michael Crabtree - If you extrapolate his numbers from last year you get 70 receptions and 900 yards, that is great for a rookie who missed all that time, with offseason under his belt he should surpass 1,000 yards in his first reliable fantasy season.

15. Anquan Boldin - Now goes to a running team with a less talented QB than Warner in a new town I don't know if he can get to 1,000 yards in this situation but you can't ignore his talent he should score atleast 7 times despite a possible drop in yardage.

16. Dwayne Bowe - Looking like a beast again this offseason will be the no.1 in a much improved Charlie Weis offense, I expect him to have his best season yet this year, but beware he did burn us last year. Downside of a bust, upside of a WR1 is worth it right here and at his ADP.

17. Chad Ochocinco - He should atleast repeat last year, motivated to prove people wrong again with Palmer's arm strength coming back and the Bengals moving to a more balanced attack bringing in Bryant should help opposite him. People talk about him being 32 but WR isn't like RB where age matters so much just ask Hines Ward how he did at 35 last year. *new edit* Arrival of Terrell Owens knocks Chad down a bit still should have a solid year but the potential for a great year is gone and his ceiling is capped.

18. Steve Smith NYG - As Eli's stats come back to the norm Steve Smith's will take a slight hit aswell, I think he will finish right at 1000 yards and possibly 5 TD's he is a reliable WR3 but is being picked as WR2 which I don't like.

19. TJ Houshmandzadeh - He posted 80 receptions and 900 yards with a torn groin, broken rib and pathetic Seneca Wallace throwing him the ball. The New coaching staff wants to feed him the rock and he's already talking about catching 100 passes with ease in this offense, if Hasselbeck is healthy coupled with Housh's return to health he could really be a bargain and has WR2 upside.

20. Santana Moss - McNabb will no doubt help Santana Moss, with a QB who can now throw the deep ball with ease Moss should be able to get free more times than in the past, still surpassed 900 yards receiving he is a serious threat to post over 1,000 yards and 6+ TD's.

Last edited by baseketball4life : 07-27-2010 at 07:41 PM.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:41 AM   #3
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Top 12 TEs for 2010

1. Antonio Gates - Put up almost 1,200 and 10 on bad feet, now getting healthy for the upcoming year will be targetted more than ever by Rivers with VJAX on the mend. I wouldn't be surprised at near 1,300 yards and 10+ TD's.

2. Dallas Clark - Very consistent and solid, will again be the go-to guy for Peyton after posting 1,100 yards and 10 TDs he should all but match those numbers.

3. Jason Witten - Put up 1,000 yards but a measly 2 TDs. The Cowboys have made it a point to get him more involved in the red zone and that's all it's going to take to make him the elite TE he can be, we know 1,000 yards plus will happen now we are going to get 7+ TD's to go with it in this high powered offense he is Romo's true #1 guy.

4. Jermichael Finley - Killed it over the 2nd half of last year, in a high powered offense catching balls from Rodgers he will be a go-to guy this year, he is a athletic freak and has the hands to go with it. Look for a breakout year and for him to push 1,000 yards and 8 TDs.

5. Brent Celek - He is and will be the BFF of Kevin Kolb, expect him and not DeSean Jackson to be Kolb's go-to guy he should push 1,000 yards and score 8 times or so again.

6. Vernon Davis - Regression, not that he isn't talented enough, but with Crabtree in the fold the 49ers are no longer forced to only look his way, he will see a yardage drop into the mid 800's and TDs to the 7-9 range still good TE1 but not as good.

7. Owen Daniels - Contract year motivated, Schaub loves him, assuming he is healthy he was on pace for 1,100 and 10 TD before injury he should resume his beasting ways.

8. Tony Gonzalez - Has publicly said he doesn't care about stats, and the Falcons have made it a point that they will use his blocking skills more than ever as they try to rack up the Ws he should still post 800+ yards and 6+ TD's but won't be relied upon as he was before.

9. Kellen Winslow - If he didn't have such a weak QB he would be much higher going for 900 yards and 5 TDs without consistent QB play was a testament to his ability, he should post similar numbers this year remaining TB's go-to guy but there is definitely upside with Bryant's departure he could get even more looks and catches.

10. Chris Cooley - He may end up the leader in receptions for the Redskins as we all know McNabb loves his TE's and Cooley is popping off about how great this offense is and how he will post the best numbers of his career. I would be comfortable with starting him as my TE if i miss out on the top 7 above.

11. Zach Miller - Posted almost 900 yards with Jamarcus Russell the joke throwing him the ball, he will be a go-to guy for Campbell who is light years better than Russell. Has a real shot at over 900 yards but the problem is how many times will he score? and can he stay healthy?

12. Visanthe Shiancoe - IF Favre returns should provide as a solid TE2/backup and bye week filler with his ability to get loose in the RZ. Unfortunately too many weapons in Minny for him to get yardage.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:44 AM   #4
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Top 25 Fantasy RB's for 2010

1. Adrian Peterson - Posted 1,850 total yards and 18 TD's in a down year last year, with a beat up offensive line. With a healthy crew I look for All day to produce his best fantasy season yet, looking towards 1,500 rushing yards and about 400 receiving yards to go with around 20 TD's with potential for more, all great RB's have their season of close to 30 TD (Preist, LT, SA) and this may be the year Peterson does it.

2. Maurice Jones-Drew - Posting 1,750 total yards and 16 TD's in his true breakout year, look for plenty of the same from pocket hercules. Sure fire elite RB, and #2 on my board.

3. Ray Rice - Posted over 2,000 total yards with 7 TD's to boot I expect McGahee to take a backseat somewhat like LenDale white did for CJ2k last year, look for Rice to total about 1,800 yards but this time he will get double digit total TD's to go with it.

4. Chris Johnson - Call me crazy sure, but I don't think the Titans offense will create many scoring chances for CJ, not to mention how keyed defenses will be on him and the history of 2,000 rushers the following season, I feel an injury coming on but even if not, I wouldn't be surprised at 1,300 rushing with 400 receiving and 8 scores, thats not my projection but it's something that could happen and won't be surprising. The talent is too good to pass up at #4 that's why I'd take him here but I'm not too optimistic we are going to see another historical season.

5. Michael Turner - Injury riddled season, Turner is back full force this offseason, in shape and spry he should rush for 1,600 yards and score atleast 14 TDs.

6. Frank Gore - If only he wouldn't miss his annual 2 games per year, potential to finish ahead of everyone except Peterson, Gore's offensive line has improved vastly over the offseason so look for him to increase his numbers to around 1,400 rushing with 400 receiving and 10+ TD's.

7. Shonn Greene - The Jets led the league in rushing attempts last year and will probably do so again, leading them will be Shonn Greene the young Turner-like runner will be the featured RB for the Jets. LT's presence doesn't effect him as much as some people think, LT will play 3rd downs and passing downs with some GL carries to but Shonn Greene is a big strong runner in his own right and will punch in his fair share at the goal-line to. I look for 1,400 rushing yards to go with atleast 10 TD's and upside to post Turner like numbers.

8. Rashard Mendenhall - Featured RB who should great promise last year in a breakout season, injuries along the offensive line are concerning but he will be the workhorse and has expressed the desire to be the everydown back plus let's face it the offensive line was horrible in the first place last year.

9. DeAngelo Williams - One half of the best duo in the game, DeAngelo is in a contract year he may not get many more carries than Stewart but with 250 carries he should produce 1,200 yards on the ground and receive for another 300 plus score around 10 TD's. Over 5 YPC is expected as well.

10. Ryan Grant - Not pretty to watch but underrated, with a beat up O-line posted 1,450 total yards and 11 TDs with a healthy line that should be his benchmark this year in that high powered offense.

11. Knowshon Moreno - Great situation for young stud like Moreno, good offensive line, a coach that's in love with him and he's healthy after battling injuries as a rookie. Totaled 1,300 yards and 9 TDs in a injury riddled year and wasn't the true featured RB, this year is going to be featured clearly and healthy, should improve quite a bit from last year, only concern is the rest of the Bronco offense. Has potential to finish inside the top 7 RB's this year.

12. Steven Jackson - Great physical tools, horrible team, and injury prone. I'm avoiding Steven Jackson this year for a few reasons, first off he gets all the carries and load yet still only scored 4 TD's so assuming he stays healthy which is very doubtful he won't score nearly as much as the RB's above him because of his team. 2ndly he is injury prone getting injured every season basically coming off back surgery is never a good thing as we saw with Matt Hasselbeck last year, let someone else waste their first round pick this year.

13. Cedric Benson - Underrated? I think so, contract year motivated Benson will IMPROVE on last year's numbers if he can make it healthy through 16 games. He totaled 1,360 yards and 6 TD's in basically 12 games. that is remarkable, i think the TD's were flukey low, if healthy he should rush for 1,400 and receive for 200 along with around 10 TD's good value at his ADP because he is a RB1.

14. Jamaal Charles - The arrival of Thomas Jones won't effect him as much as you think, still he will catch all the balls out of the backfield and Weis makes use of his RBs in space all the time. Charles is electric and the main option in KC's offense, Charlie Weis knows this and will exploit it, i look for charles to rush for 1,200 yards and receive for 400... TD's should be around 8.

15. Ryan Mathews - Overrated, Sproles will take all the 3rd down work and pass catching, with Tolbert being used sometimes in the goal line situations. Mathews is a good back, complete, but not great at anything, there's no way I take this kid round 1, I think he'll rush for around 1,000 and score 10+ TD cause of the offense he's in but he's not worth the first round pick most are making him out to be.

16. LeSean McCoy - Got his feet wet last year, should breakout in a offense that fits his skills, featured for Andy Reid and the Eagles offense should do him wonders he will lose goal line work to Mike Bell but it won't hurt him much because he will rush for close to 1,000 yards to go with around 500 yards receiving as Andy Reid's RBs always do that. The TD's will probably be around 6-8 but the yardage will suffice.

17. Beanie Wells - Behind Hightower on the depth chart but Wells should strut his stuff this year, he is a very good hard nosed runner in a offense that will gear more to the run this year. He should get atleast half of the goal-line work and the majority of the early down work. I expect 1,000+ rushing yards and 10+ TD's.

18. Pierre Thomas - If only Sean Payton would let this guy be the goal line running back he would be higher, likely Lynell Hamilton will poach the TD's like Mike Bell did last year, hurting PT23's value. PT23 should still rush for around 900-1,000 yards and post 250-350 receiving yards in that high scoring offense but his TD's will stay to about 8.

19. Jahvid Best - Featured on a bad team is not always a bad thing, look at Chris Johnson when he was on the 0-7 Titans last year leading the league in rushing. Best will catch a lot of balls and rack up those receiving stats when the Lions are down and in close games he will be explosive on the ground. He should rush for 1,000 yards and get about 400 receiving but the TD's will be rather low due to his offense and the fact that Kevin Smith will likely poach GL carries.

20. Jonathan Stewart - Stewart will likely split the load with DeAngelo receiving about 220 carries again, the reason he's lower is DeAngelo is a factor in the passing game whereas Stewart is not, still I expect stewart to go over 1,000 yards and 10 TD's again as a great flex/good RB2.

21. Ronnie Brown - Health, that's all it is here, if you want to take the risk, know that Ronnie is arguably a top 10 fantasy RB when healthy but has been hurt just about every year.

22. Matt Forte - Good bounce back coming, healthy with the weight down he looks like a different back than ever this off-season. Jay Cutler and Mike Martz have been raving about him and he will command touches, sure they got Chester Taylor but hey the Vikings had Chester Taylor to doesn't mean he will automatically be used. Taylor will spell Forte and play some 3rd downs but make no mistake about who the featured RB here is. Forte should rush for 900+ yards and recieving for 450+ making him a 1,400 total yardage guy atleast I believe and he should find the end-zone 7+ times in that improved offense. Love his ADP as well because he should be a solid RB2. People forget he had a torn MCL, hamstring, horrible offensive line, moron of a OC last year all of those problems are improved or fixed for this year don't ignore this guy because of one bad luck year.

23. Felix Jones - Would be a lot higher if not the presence of Marion Barber, Felix will probably get more touches than Barber overall but won't be a scoring factor. I think he'll rush for 900 yards and receive for 300 probably score 6+ TD's as well making him a decent RB2/good flex play. He has upside for more but also downside for less if Barber heats up like he's capable or if Felix gets hurt again like he seems to always do.

24. Brandon Jacobs - Don't count out Jacobs, he was another RB who's season was ruined by injury, he tore his meniscus up in his knee week 1 and continued to play which turned out to be a big mistake. He is now healthy, motivated, and should return to 1,000 yards rushing to go with 10+ TD's assuming a 16 game season.

25. Joseph Addai - Will decline a bit as Donald Brown gets more involved I think 700 rushing yards and 300 receiving yards with 8+ TD's is a benchmark but he's overvalued this year after being undervalued last year.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:44 AM   #5
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Honorable Mentions at RB:

Marion Barber - Had his best fantasy season as a backup to Julius Jones, should rush for 900+ and receive for 150+ plus totaling over 1,000 yards and in that potent offense is the goal-line runner so 10+ TD's should be possible to.

CJ Spiller - I have strong belief that the Bills are either going to trade Lynch or simply not use him at all, Spiller should get 180-200 carries to go with 50 receptions, the Bills didn't take him, ignoring all their other needs for him not to be the focal point of their offense. 850 rushing yards with 400 receiving yards should be a bench mark.

Carnell Williams - posted over 1,000 total yards and 7 TDs last year in his return, if healthy should produce slightly better, perhaps 1,100 yards and 8 TD but is a huge health risk keeping him out of the top 25.

Clinton Portis - Healthy, motivated - both huge keys for Portis, watching tape of him before his injury last year he really didn't look bad, and all reports this off-season are positive. He's 29, not 33 like people seem to think, sure he's had a lot of touches but the time off with the concussion last year has freshened up his legs he says. He has the potential to rush for over 1,000 yards and score 8+ TD's. Although that is hingent on his health and avoiding injury, if he goes down Larry Johnson will have a good year.

Ben Tate - Expected to be the early down and goal line RB for the Texans, they traded up to get him so it's obvious he will be a focal point of the run game. The cinderella story of Arian Foster will amount to nothing, Slaton will be the 3rd down RB and sprinkled in on early downs Tate has a real shot to make an impact.

Michael Bush - Basically another Marion Barber, he will split carries with DMC but take goal-line and be left off on passing downs/3rd downs. I expect 1,000 total yards and 8+ TD's.

Darren McFadden - Written off way too soon because all he needs is to get healthy, his rookie season his feet had issues then last year he tore up his meniscus and had inseason surgery. The raiders QB play improved big time, the offensive line improved and the main thing is he's healthy. He will get half the carries and all of the grabs in this backfield so I think he's definitely got the potential for 900 rushing and 400 receiving to go with 6+ TD's but it's all dependent on his health because you can't do anything in the trainer's room.

These are just my opinions, I'd like to hear what people think so feel free to share your opinions and agree/disagree with what you see as we all get prepared for the upcoming fantasy football season.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:13 AM   #6
poorlilrich
woop woop

good stuff

only real gripe is jermichael finley

you're quite high on bowe and crabtree
poorlilrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 05:38 AM   #7
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

I like this...very nice

I PROOOOOOMISE you that Miles will be a top 5 WR though fantasy wise...

PROMISE....

PROOOOMISE....

he is going to be a STAT WHORE...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 05:58 AM   #8
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-
I like this...very nice

I PROOOOOOMISE you that Miles will be a top 5 WR though fantasy wise...

PROMISE....

PROOOOMISE....

he is going to be a STAT WHORE...
I like Miles quite a bit, but I'm superman high on Roddy White and Greg Jennings plus Marshall is the only weapon in Miami whereas Dallas is loaddddded. Miles Austin is a sure fire stud though.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:04 PM   #9
clipse026
Local High School Star

Good stuff. But there's absolutely no way Pierre Thomas runs for 1000 yards. He can never stay healthy for a full year, just like Reggie can't. He hasn't even topped 800 for a season. I'd love to see it, but it's just not happening.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 04:35 PM   #10
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Nice list and props on the time and effort it took to get your stuff together.

I think Matt Forte maybe should be ranked higher since he's healthy and will have a new offensive coordinator getting him the ball as much as possible.

I wonder why EVERYONE is so low on Josh Freeman. Yes, the QB play was bad last year for Tampa, but he only played 9 games and led Tampa to their only 3 wins while putting up a few better numbers than Sanchez and Stafford in less starts. Going 3-6 on a 3-13 team isn't bad for ANY rookie QB let alone someone put in his position. This offseason, Freeman is THE man and everyone seems to forget that Tampa fired their OC 10 days before the season, so they never had ANY offensive identity. Now that they'll have an OC to work with all offseason, the offense will be better. Freeman WILL surprise a TON of people this coming year. I guarantee Freeman will put up better individual numbers than both Sanchez and Stafford.

I wouldn't draft Stafford as my fantasy QB at all b/c while the Lions have a LOT of targets, who do they have to PROTECT Stafford? Answer; NO ONE. Stafford will end up injured a good portion of this season, AGAIN.

I also think Matt Ryan is going to have another solid season and improve on his soph slump he had last year. Atlanta will win the NFCS and Ryan will be a big reason why.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 05:00 PM   #11
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
Nice list and props on the time and effort it took to get your stuff together.

I think Matt Forte maybe should be ranked higher since he's healthy and will have a new offensive coordinator getting him the ball as much as possible.

I wonder why EVERYONE is so low on Josh Freeman. Yes, the QB play was bad last year for Tampa, but he only played 9 games and led Tampa to their only 3 wins while putting up a few better numbers than Sanchez and Stafford in less starts. Going 3-6 on a 3-13 team isn't bad for ANY rookie QB let alone someone put in his position. This offseason, Freeman is THE man and everyone seems to forget that Tampa fired their OC 10 days before the season, so they never had ANY offensive identity. Now that they'll have an OC to work with all offseason, the offense will be better. Freeman WILL surprise a TON of people this coming year. I guarantee Freeman will put up better individual numbers than both Sanchez and Stafford.

I wouldn't draft Stafford as my fantasy QB at all b/c while the Lions have a LOT of targets, who do they have to PROTECT Stafford? Answer; NO ONE. Stafford will end up injured a good portion of this season, AGAIN.

I also think Matt Ryan is going to have another solid season and improve on his soph slump he had last year. Atlanta will win the NFCS and Ryan will be a big reason why.
I consider myself high on Forte, all the RB's around him and Forte are kind of coin flips and toss ups had to rank it someway, but Forte should produce 1,400+ total yards and 8+ TD's with Martz.

I feel like Freeman is unproven, but I'll admit I haven't watched a lot of him he has one of the best TE's in the league to work with in Winslow so that bodes well for him.

You make a good point on Stafford's O-line but they were saying the same about Schaub and the Texans preseason last year. Stafford has a cannon and sick weapons he should breakthrough barring injury of course. Ryan will put up numbers similar to Eli Manning, kind of solid but not spectacular neither will win you a week but neither will lose you a week. Workman like numbers I think.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:52 PM   #12
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

okay, now that I really get a chance to look at this I really like the QB list, not just cause Romo is high (I do like that though, lol) but because nothing sticks out as bad to me really...it is difficult to predict Kolb, but where you have him is certainly possible

Don't really like the WR list that much...Calvin at #2?...I doubt that happens...where you have Miles is fine though, I was a bit tipsy when I posted last night, but I do think he will be top 5 this year, possibly even #1...(yep I said it)...Don't think Roddy will be top 5, but we will see

RB list look good until you hit the 17 range...but I think it is impossible to know what players like Best and beanie will do...at that point it becomes a complete crap shoot
Old 07-24-2010, 07:05 PM   #13
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

This thread is getting me pumped for the draft. I'll start pre-ranking when I get off work. I'm not as high on McCoy as you, I like him more reality-wise than fantasy-wise. Weaver will steal a lot of his carries and even backfield catches. And Miles isn't better than Andre Johnson, prime.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 07:17 PM   #14
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

I need to figure out my strategy this year...last year I went in with the idea that I could predict the sleepers for RBs and take Brees #1 in all my drafts...

the Brees part was fine, infact he is the only reason I won anything...but all my sleepers FAILED

-McFadden
-Felix
-Wells

I held out on RBs because I was sure one of those guys would blow the f*ck up and none of them did, not fantasy wise anyway...

I don't know what tactic I am going with his year, but it is going to be different...
Old 07-24-2010, 07:27 PM   #15
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-
okay, now that I really get a chance to look at this I really like the QB list, not just cause Romo is high (I do like that though, lol) but because nothing sticks out as bad to me really...it is difficult to predict Kolb, but where you have him is certainly possible

Don't really like the WR list that much...Calvin at #2?...I doubt that happens...where you have Miles is fine though, I was a bit tipsy when I posted last night, but I do think he will be top 5 this year, possibly even #1...(yep I said it)...Don't think Roddy will be top 5, but we will see

RB list look good until you hit the 17 range...but I think it is impossible to know what players like Best and beanie will do...at that point it becomes a complete crap shoot
lol i could tell that.

i think Romo gonna have a career year this year... Best is going to be leaned on as everything for the running game in Detroit if he can stay healthy he'll be a beast
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: