Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-24-2010, 07:37 AM   #31
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Doomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: WATCHMEN > Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux

I noticed this as well but wasn't going to say anything.

So I've been convinced by another poster that my opinion might be wrong?

Is this the first time in OTC history?
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 09:29 AM   #32
Fuhqueue
Pick and rofl offence

Fuhqueue is considered somewhat coolFuhqueue is considered somewhat coolFuhqueue is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas
So I've been convinced by another poster that my opinion might be wrong?

Is this the first time in OTC history?
It's actually the first time in internet history.
Fuhqueue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:35 AM   #33
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Tough call for me between the two. I haven't seen either in a while so I can't really give a definitive nod to one or the other. I'd probably give the edge to Watchmen at the moment though.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 11:45 AM   #34
Nanners
Great college starter

Nanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

As far as the comic itself is concerned yes. as far as the movie though, no.
Nanners is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:12 PM   #35
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
I like how Dasher's definitive statements easily swayed Doom's malleable mind.
I like how dooms statement actually swayed you into thinking he is going to watch it again lex

Do any of you sleep?...lol
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 06:49 PM   #36
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

is it because of the epic sex scene? probably so. i do agree though. watchmen is win. i always thought tdk was overrated.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 07:00 PM   #37
shadow
Laker fan here

shadow is considered somewhat coolshadow is considered somewhat cool

If watchmen was directed by Nolan and TDK by Snyder than Watchmen might have been better. Both movies had rich source material but Nolan is just better imo. Although I did appreciate the changes to WM's story compared to the comic. The whole alien invasion thing was about as cartoony as it gets, (although fitting for its era).

They are both great movies btw.

Last edited by shadow : 07-24-2010 at 07:15 PM.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 07:06 PM   #38
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I have seen Watchmen like 6-8 times...

I didn't think that much of it the first time, I admitt...but then it just got better and better to me...

I have never read the comic though, and I do understand that the comic heads don't think that highly of it, but for someone that wasn't familiar with the Watchmen universe, I think it is genius...excelent movie imo
Old 07-24-2010, 07:10 PM   #39
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
Even drunk Prime can be right from time to time. The Watchmen is the superior film. There is nothing in TDK even as good as the opening montage of The Watchmen.
To be fair, the opening montage is probably the best part of the movie.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 07:34 PM   #40
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Watchmen was kinda ridiculous to me. It had a good story line but the crazy Matrix sex scene in the middle was over the top and most of the acting was overdone.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 07:40 PM   #41
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i'm not even sure watchmen is a better comic. . . there have been some incredible batman arcs over the years
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 07:42 PM   #42
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Watchmen was kinda ridiculous to me. It had a good story line but the crazy Matrix sex scene in the middle was over the top and most of the acting was overdone.
who over acted?
Old 07-24-2010, 10:29 PM   #43
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

I wasn't a fan of Malin Ackerman and Jackie Haley.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 11:51 PM   #44
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
i'm not even sure watchmen is a better comic. . . there have been some incredible batman arcs over the years

That's not really fair to compare it to the totality of Batman.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 07:18 AM   #45
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
That's not really fair to compare it to the totality of Batman.

Yes it is. Watchmen is widely considered the best comic ever with only a handful of issues. And I wasn't comparing the entire Batman series, just a select few arcs. Hush/Long Halloween are just as good if not better.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: