Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 07-26-2010, 06:49 PM   #16
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Dez Bryant won't allow "rookie hazing"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
You obviously arent good at reading and compehending what was read. Reread my post. Your point is worthless.
you said you were unsure about the Pacman tidbit and were asking if there was a point to be made...so I explained the point...that's all

it was you that didn't comprehend what I was saying, I got your point, I was just pointing out that there are much worse vets than Roy to haze...

honestly I think Roy is the perfect vet to do it, as like you said, that is the most painful player for Dez to have to obey to...

^^^ all that might be "worthless" to you, but if you need it explained again just say so...and then include an explaination of why you are acting all butt hurt, cause it is strange to me...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 06:54 PM   #17
ROCSteady
WALL*BEAL*NASH*KOBE

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Dez is a good prospect. He WILL be better than Roy and all the other pass-catchers save maybe Witten.

That being said, chill dude. I kinda like that he stood up to that ish but he shoulda just carried the sh!t so it wouldn't be printed. I swear DallASS sum primadonnas LOL. Wish I was in San Antonio visitin my fam right now....

PAY YOUR DUES IF YOU WANNA WEAR THE BLUE, b!tch ass rook
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:25 PM   #18
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-
it was you that didn't comprehend what I was saying, I got your point, I was just pointing out that there are much worse vets than Roy to haze...

So what? Same shyt applies to them. Hence why I dont get your point. Already said as a rookie I would go thru whatever tradition was asked of me. But for Roy Williams to rookie haze was funny to me. He wants to engage in activities that is team oriented when he is far from a team player.

Quote:
^^^ all that might be "worthless" to you, but if you need it explained again just say so...and then include an explaination of why you are acting all butt hurt, cause it is strange to me...

Its worthless for you to point out the Pacman Jones incident. You went thru pointing out he rookie haze someone and was a much worst player than Roy Williams. Ok and? Has nothing to do with anything. Trying to figure out how I'm butthurt here. Guess you wanted to use that word huh?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:02 PM   #19
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
He wants to engage in activities that is team oriented when he is far from a team player.

^^^ that doesn't make sense...

the rest of the stuff you are talking about?...okay whatever, I have no idea where you are going with it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WN32ly6LK_I

^^^

Roy and Dez interviews on it...

looks like Roy is trying to have fun and Dez just...well he just doesn't want to carry the dude's pads...lol, simple as that...

I am not gonna sugar-coat Dez on his intellegence...

-he is NOT a thug, never had one run in with the law, not even a ticket

-he is NOT a prima donna, you are never going to see Dez river boat dancing in the endzone, he isn't that out spoken

-he IS uneducated...and that was his biggest knock in the draft...

I am fairly certain that Dez would have declined anyone on the team's pads...except maybe Romo's...I hate to say it but he is simple minded, at least that is how he comes off so far, I don't think that Dez put much thought into what he was doing...infact my guess is that he put NO THOUGHT into it at all...he was asked to carry pads, and he said NO...

he can grow over time though, alot of young players come into the NFL poorly spoken, and leave like they have taken years of speech classes...
Old 07-26-2010, 11:15 PM   #20
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-

Had to quote this. What about that didn't make sense? Roy Williams is not a team player. But he wants to engage in team activities (rookie hazing). How could that not be more clear?
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:21 PM   #21
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipse026
Had to quote this. What about that didn't make sense? Roy Williams is not a team player. But he wants to engage in team activities (rookie hazing). How could that not be more clear?
how can you tell someone they aren't a team player if they always want to participate in team activities?

it makes no sense...

"HAHA look at Roy always trying to be part of the team but he isn't part of the team..." ...

the f*ck does that mean?

that is like:

"HAHA look at GOBB always making posts on ISH when he isn't an ISH poster..."

makes no sense...
Old 07-26-2010, 11:23 PM   #22
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

how is Roy any less of a "team-player" than anyone else ont he team?

where did that even come from?

If that was Owens loosing a spot to Miles last year, we wouldn't ever hear the end of it...Roy accepts his role as a #2...alot of WRs wouldn't do that...
Old 07-26-2010, 11:23 PM   #23
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

Really man...?? He's not a team player because he dogs it on the field. He gives no effort and it shows. He's a shit receiver with all kinds of talent and size. That is what defines someone as a non team player. Rookie hazing is just a tiny team activity. Wanting to participate in that doesn't make him a team player. How about showing up on the field?
Old 07-26-2010, 11:26 PM   #24
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
Really man...?? He's not a team player because he dogs it on the field. He gives no effort and it shows. He's a shit receiver with all kinds of talent and size. That is what defines someone as a non team player. Rookie hazing is just a tiny team activity. Wanting to participate in that doesn't make him a team player. How about showing up on the field?
him playing bad (still had 7 TDs) isn't because he dogs it...

he isn't seen as a lazy player...he works hard in practice...

he had alot of drops, that wasn't because he was dogging it...it was because he sucked last year...lol

you can't say that everyone who doesn't have huge numbers is just not trying...
Old 07-26-2010, 11:30 PM   #25
clipse026
Local High School Star

You can if they're as skilled as him and have been garbage so far. He's getting paid a shitload and he sucks.
Anyway as far as this actual thread, Dez should just suck it up like all the other rookies. But I understand what you mean about him not really thinking about it. I think ESPN kind of gives certain guys too much attention to make them look worse than they really are. He doesn't seem to be a dick. Too bad he just made things worse for himself though.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:34 PM   #26
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
You can if they're as skilled as him and have been garbage so far. He's getting paid a shitload and he sucks.
Anyway as far as this actual thread, Dez should just suck it up like all the other rookies. But I understand what you mean about him not really thinking about it. I think ESPN kind of gives certain guys too much attention to make them look worse than they really are. He doesn't seem to be a dick. Too bad he just made things worse for himself though.
so every player that doesn't live up to their hype dogs it?...or isn't a team player?

it can't just be a simple case of them not being as good as everyone thought?
Old 07-27-2010, 12:59 PM   #27
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Makes perfect sense. In your world which is made up of morons and idiots it doesnt. So there saying "He's not a team player" doesnt exist to you? Because any player you list in ANY sport where you claim they arent a team player? I'll find a team related activity they participated to counter your claim. So primetime you mensa member. List players in the major team sports that arent team players. Can you do it so I can throw your stupid logic in your face so you can sit there and look stupid.

It seems you're the only bozo who isnt in tune with Roy Williams as a player in the NFL. Next time you watch a Dallas Cowboy huddle make note who communicates with Tony Romo after a player and who stands at a distance with his hands on his hip because somehow he is good enough where he doesnt need to talk to his QB. Afterall he's Roy Williams, I dont care if he win or lose I got my stats so I'm good.

The rest of your post is perfect for a Cowboy fan blog. Because quite frankly I couldnt care less about what is being said. Dez should have carried the pads regardless be it Dallas or any football team. I never said different but you are terrible at reading someones post and interpreting it. Guess because its the Cowboys you feel the need to throw text around. Afterall this is only news because its Dallas, being as tho I can pull up instances where rookie hazing or lack thereof did make headlines. Its not that serious nor will it be treated nor milked as serious.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 02:32 PM   #28
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
SAN ANTONIO -- Dallas Cowboys rookie wide receiver Dez Bryant said he didn't know about the tradition of carrying a veteran's shoulder pads, and said Tuesday that he will take care of the matter.

Speaking to reporters while he signed autographs following Tuesday morning's practice, Bryant said the media was trying to damage his relationship with teammate Roy Williams.

From the opening practice, Williams had said Bryant has to carry his shoulder pads. But Bryant refused to do so, saying he's here to just play football.

"I didn't know nothing about no tradition," Bryant said. "The only thing about me ... when I try to do something right, ya'll try and turn it negative and I don't feel like that's right. I'm trying my best to do the right thing but it seems like I can't do the right thing because every little thing that I do ya'll watching it and try to make a big deal out of it."

On Monday afternoon, Bryant met with former NFL player and current television analyst Rodney Harrison, who said the rookie needs to carry the pads if asked by a veteran.

"I said this is a situation where this is a custom and a ritual that's been around before you were even born," Harrison said in recalling his conversation with Bryant. "I had to do it and everybody had to do it."
Seems unlikely that he didn't know about this kind of stuff. It's not just on a professional level this stuff happens, I remember similar stuff in high school with the freshmen/upperclassmen and I'm sure college is the same way. Maybe not stuff like carrying shoulder pads but definitely some hazing.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 02:35 PM   #29
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Dez needs to grow up fast. Whining towards the media like that is only gonna make things tougher on him. He's sittin there making himself out to be an angel, but its the media who's out to get him.

Seriously Dez? Come on man. Just do what's normal and keep quiet or else you're gonna turn into one of those high maintenance "cancer" diva WRs.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 04:37 PM   #30
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
Seems unlikely that he didn't know about this kind of stuff. It's not just on a professional level this stuff happens, I remember similar stuff in high school with the freshmen/upperclassmen and I'm sure college is the same way. Maybe not stuff like carrying shoulder pads but definitely some hazing.
I believe Dez didn't know, because as much as I love Dez, it is clear that he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. His major knock going into the draft was his intelligence level, in fact the coaches at OSU said that he was never able to learn the playbook, that they had to tell him his route before each and every play during games...

Dear Gobb,

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: