Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-26-2010, 09:22 AM   #31
Apocalyptic0n3
The End Is Near

Apocalyptic0n3 has not been impressing people
Default Re: [Official ISH 2010/11 TRUE FANS database] State your ONE team RIGHT NOW!

Pistons for life. Yes, even in the days of Teal and Burgandy. (It is somewhat difficult to say that. Those jerseys were awful)
Apocalyptic0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:24 AM   #32
nestea()

Default Re: [Official ISH 2010/11 TRUE FANS database] State your ONE team RIGHT NOW!

Magic since I was a little kid.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:25 AM   #33
Clocian-IGN
Rip+Rose=Ripping Rose

Clocian-IGN is a pretty well-respected posterClocian-IGN is a pretty well-respected posterClocian-IGN is a pretty well-respected poster

Chicago Bulls. The team that will upset the Cereberus
Clocian-IGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:27 AM   #34
moey-
I airball my layups

moey- has an OK reputation so far

Lakers
moey- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:40 AM   #35
Xover
High school junior varsity star

Xover has decent reputation

Phoenixxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ! it iz what it iz

nah all jokes aside I mainly follow this organization, check my posts, 80% topics related to the Suns

Xover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:43 AM   #36
Calabis
Good college starter

Calabis is popular on this boardCalabis is popular on this boardCalabis is popular on this boardCalabis is popular on this board

Calabis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:49 AM   #37
Pursuer
High School Varsity 12th Man

Pursuer has an OK reputation so far

LAL. Since my 2nd grade.
Pursuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:53 AM   #38
coin24
NBA sixth man of the year

coin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation here

Hmm living in Australia it's hard to have a favourite!
I postEd in a lot of game threads last season, I watch a lot of games!

Favourites to watch are nuggets lakers heat magic.. If I lived in the states I'd have a local team but for me I just love watching NBA.
It was sad watching Wade with that shit team last yr!

Will be visiting the states in march next yr and will be going to as many games as I can!!!
coin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:55 AM   #39
OmniStrife
College superstar

OmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by coin24
Hmm living in Australia it's hard to have a favourite!
I postEd in a lot of game threads last season, I watch a lot of games!

Favourites to watch are nuggets lakers heat magic.. If I lived in the states I'd have a local team but for me I just love watching NBA.
It was sad watching Wade with that shit team last yr!

Will be visiting the states in march next yr and will be going to as many games as I can!!!
1 vote or no count.
OmniStrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:59 AM   #40
mamba24
read this you homer

mamba24 has decent reputationmamba24 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoop_Cat
alot of Miami fans I see...

New York.

Yep they have been fans since 1993 apparently...die hard fans i guess

Im a laker fan...Magic, van excel, shaq, kobe,fish, smush and kwame...

Not sure how good we can be compared to the superbestfriends but its still an awesome team.

And even when we start the sucking 4-5 years from now...i'll be rooting for my team.
mamba24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:02 AM   #41
MMKM
Local High School Star

MMKM has a bad reputationMMKM has a bad reputationMMKM has a bad reputation

Warriors. We suck but our new logo is pretty sweet.
MMKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:02 AM   #42
fknc
Get JJ Minutes

fknc is considered somewhat coolfknc is considered somewhat cool

Bulls
fknc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:04 AM   #43
YouGotServed
Russia 2018

YouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

0 Cleveland Cavalier fans right now.
YouGotServed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:05 AM   #44
OmniStrife
College superstar

OmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouGotServed
0 Cleveland Cavalier fans right now.

I don't see them going over the last 5 teams...
OmniStrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:08 AM   #45
lacasner
unpopular truth

lacasner has not been impressing people

Just curious, can anyone explain to me why it's so important to be a "true fan"? Why can't everyone just root for the team they like to watch?

People seem to be so protective of being a fan since 19xx year. Why? You're allegiance to a team is only relevant in your own mind, what is the appeal of proclaiming this to other people? The team you root for isn't your family, they don't care for you individually; what they care about is the concept of fans as a whole and how many they have in total.

Maybe i'm excluding certain aspects of human nature here. Maybe people need loyalty to something from an evolutionary standpoint, considering people always lived in groups and in fact liked to be associated with other people. While this may be true, it just seems odd to me that people get so offended when someone starts rooting for a different team than the one they previously rooted for. Sure, if you have geographical ties to one team that gives you further reason to root for them, since you can actually go to the arena and watch the games...but beyond that, I really don't see the harm in switching your "allegiance" to a different team that happens to have qualities that you enjoy watching.

Maybe it's because of that feeling of triumph that you feel after "your" team beats another team. Although I acknowledge that this feeling exists, it really doesn't make sense logically. You, obviously, had nothing to do with "your" teams victory, so why should you feel any loyalty towards urging them on to win? Just root for the team you enjoy watching, that plays the most appealing basketball, because that's the whole reason why you watch right? Hopefully to see athletes perform feats that you yourself cannot, not to brag to your neighbor Joe Schmoe "Hey, my team beat your team yesterday! Loser! "
lacasner is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: