Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-27-2010, 01:00 AM   #31
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Nikki Minaj is sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnowledgeWithin
Oh man, Oh man.....I saw a reference of a guy who doesn't write his own lyrics being on quote " Da hottest N1gga in da game." Hip-hop isn't a game it's life, shame.... Even in mainstream I'd take Luda, Kanye( I know everyone hates him now), and Lupe well before Officer Ricky. I'm not going to comment on Nicki cause in all reality I'd smash, but she is as stereotypical as bad female rappers go. Jean Grae over any mainstream female artist.
I agree with this post and Jean Grae is dope but alas she will never have the sheer talent of L-Boogie.

T.M.O.L.H. is a hands down classic and the best rap album from a female artist ever.

Rah Digga's Dirty Harriet has to be up there too.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:04 AM   #32
playtetris
soundcloud->solarcism

playtetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
I agree with this post and Jean Grae is dope but alas she will never have the sheer talent of L-Boogie.

T.M.O.L.H. is a hands down classic and the best rap album from a female artist ever.

Rah Digga's Dirty Harriet has to be up there too.

i disagree. i love lauryn, but jean an equally dope lyricist and her flow is doper
playtetris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:04 AM   #33
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Doomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthKGRay3412
Praise thread,this ***** tears apart every song she is in..her "bottom's up" verse is dope,keep killin it Nikki.

Please don't post in the OTC for awhile.

You should take a leave of absence.
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:08 AM   #34
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by playtetris
i disagree. i love lauryn, but jean an equally dope lyricist and her flow is doper

She's [JG] better at complex wordplay but Lauryn has all the classics in her corner.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:14 AM   #35
playtetris
soundcloud->solarcism

playtetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
She's [JG] better at complex wordplay but Lauryn has all the classics in her corner.

give jean wyclef's/diamond d's production off 'the score' and she'd have the classics too. 'the miseducation' is NOT a hip hop album IMO; that is neo-soul at its finest.

'jeanius' is a borderline classic to me.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:15 AM   #36
IBLEEDGREEN20
Local High School Star

IBLEEDGREEN20 is considered somewhat coolIBLEEDGREEN20 is considered somewhat cool

**** this thread and **** her garbage music.

**** lil wayne

**** young money

**** drake

**** autotune

**** lollipop, mrs officer, t pain etc

shit is garbage

whats next, you listen to wacka flacka or gucci mane?
IBLEEDGREEN20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:21 AM   #37
Tito Beasley
Banned

Tito Beasley is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTito Beasley is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBLEEDGREEN20

**** lil wayne

**** young money

**** drake

**** autotune

shit is garbage

**** bad boy as a staff, record label, and as a mother****in crew. and if you wanna be down with bad boy, then **** you, too. chino xl, **** you too.
Tito Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:22 AM   #38
Tito Beasley
Banned

Tito Beasley is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTito Beasley is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
give jean wyclef's/diamond d's production off 'the score' and she'd have the classics too. 'the miseducation' is NOT a hip hop album IMO; that is neo-soul at its finest.

**** you too. cause you're a gay ass *******, **** you too.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:26 AM   #39
VishaltotheG
College star

VishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

lol @ wacka flacka and coochi mang who the **** gives themselves names like that?
VishaltotheG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:27 AM   #40
xcesswee
Great young streetballer

xcesswee has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBLEEDGREEN20

**** lil wayne

**** young money

**** drake

**** autotune

shit is garbage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Za2k5wA3sk
xcesswee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:31 AM   #41
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:

She raps and sings.

Drake sings, Eminem sings, Ja Rule sings, 50 sings, Lil Wayne sings.....but L-Boogie dies it better and doesn't sound gay.

I'm on the fence with the labeling of the album but I'd say it was hip-hop.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:01 AM   #42
playtetris
soundcloud->solarcism

Quote:
She raps and sings.

Drake sings, Eminem sings, Ja Rule sings, 50 sings, Lil Wayne sings.....but L-Boogie dies it better and doesn't sound gay.

is erykah badu's 'nu amerykah pt one' a hip hop album? 'cause she uses hip hop beats on that album.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:02 AM   #43
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
is erykah badu's 'nu amerykah pt one' a hip hop album? 'cause she uses hip hop beats on that album.

Yeah but she doesn't flow like on "That Thing" "Lost Ones" or "Final Hour [iirc the title]"

Lauryn is obviously a poet.

I'll say it was hybrid album...can we agree on that?
Old 07-27-2010, 02:07 AM   #44
Tito Beasley
Banned

Quote:
She raps and sings.

that shmoo is right in this instance.

lauryn heel's album is not a rap (or 'hip hop') record.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:23 AM   #45
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito Beasley
that shmoo is right in this instance.

lauryn heel's album is not a rap (or 'hip hop') record.

I gave up my original stance because of songs like "Zion" and such but she has several rap tracks on the album.

So is Drake not hip-hop because he's always singing [poorly]?

I agree that you guys have a good point but the farthest I'd go would be to say that it was a hybrid of rap and r&b.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: