Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-27-2010, 08:25 PM   #31
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Anyone see the new Rolling Stone GOAT song list?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Joker
i don't care if you gave me a list of 1000...

118.Crazy in Love" Beyonce Feat. Jay-Z
448. "In Da Club" 50 Cent

would totally not be on the list...

what is the criteria? i mean seriously
I can take in Da Club a nice song actually. But not Crazy in Love, which is a sample from The Chi-Lites
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:51 PM   #32
Abd El-Krim
Decent college freshman

Abd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation here

Since U Been Gone should be way higher.
Abd El-Krim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 11:03 PM   #33
macmac
Gov'n

macmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This list might suck, but then again, any list that tries to broach a subject of this magnitude is going to end up sucking, because there's way too much to choose from, too many different styles, and everything is subjective.

These lists are useless save to stir some debate and therefore boost up circulation....
macmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 11:10 PM   #34
LMS4
I airball my layups

LMS4 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac
This list might suck, but then again, any list that tries to broach a subject of this magnitude is going to end up sucking, because there's way too much to choose from, too many different styles, and everything is subjective.

These lists are useless save to stir some debate and therefore boost up circulation....

Thats definitely true, but I would like to know how they construct their list? How do they base what song is better than another? I don't think I would be able to make such a grand list.
LMS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 11:17 PM   #35
Juges8932
Land of Ownst

Juges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation here

Eh, I would never be able to make an objective list of songs that deserve to be on that list. The subjective nature of music would take over and a lot of my picks would be undeserving, so I guess I can't be too hard on the list, but man, ****ing Jay-Z shouldn't even be close to this. There is obvious bias to the older generations of music, which is fine, but slightly annoying; especially when considering that the newer music they have on there sucks.
Juges8932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 11:24 PM   #36
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yeah I pretty much hate the list along with everyone else. At least it reminded me of some good songs to listen to tonight.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 05:27 AM   #37
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Seems like they made a list that tried to appeal to a wide audience, but as already stated when you have that many things on a list, then there's bound to be a number of songs on there that most people dislike.

Sunshine of Your Life?
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 05:36 AM   #38
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation here

man i really love the beatles, but they have 23 songs on that list, that's just stupid. how do they have "i want to hold your hand" so high on that list? it's a catchy song, but the lyrics are just throwaway repeated garbage and the beatles just wanted to appeal to a large audience with that song. nothing great about it, it's just catchy.

by the way, how is "lose yourself" by eminem not on that list?
Quizno is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: