Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 07-27-2010, 01:18 AM   #1
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here
Default If Wolves waive D. West

We should get him. He can play the point and some 2, he's a good defender, and it seems like [lol] he gets on Lebron's nerves.

Win-win-win.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:54 AM   #2
VishaltotheG
College star

VishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts
Default Re: If Wolves waive D. West

Too short, would be like Hinrich but with mental problems. I would've been ok with it if we signed Roger Mason as our backup SG instead of Watson so that West could play backup PG.
VishaltotheG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 04:09 AM   #3
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by VishaltotheG
Too short, would be like Hinrich but with mental problems. I would've been ok with it if we signed Roger Mason as our backup SG instead of Watson so that West could play backup PG.

West is a capable backup SG and he can handle the two.

Good luck getting T-Mac to play defense.

Last edited by Go Getter : 07-27-2010 at 05:46 AM.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 07:56 AM   #4
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board

As a ball player I'd definately want him on the team because he really gets after it. Plays with a certain kind of intensity and fire on both ends of the court. Good ball handler so has no problem switching over to the point and a pretty good off the ball shooter so can play the two guard as well. Defensively he plays tenaciously and really gets in the opposing players face.

That would be the good, but the bad is that he just finished coming off his worst season as a pro both on the court and off of it. He had some pretty serious legal problems and then got involved into other off the curt antics that we've all heard about that caused him to be a big distraction. I don't want that kind of guy around DRose.

If management feels like they were just bump in the road occurences that aren't a small part of what's going to keep happening with this guy then I'm all for it, but if he's going to continue to get into trouble and cause all these distractions off the court then I would definately pass because he would do more harm than good.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:28 AM   #5
drwax26
High School Starter

drwax26 has decent reputationdrwax26 has decent reputation

Thumbs down on this one. Although he is a solid player he is more of an undersized SG and not enough of a PG. I say we take a look at Shannon Brown, Roger Mason, or try to pry Rudy Fernandez from Portland as long as their asking price isnt too high.
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:09 PM   #6
Rose
slightly upset stomach

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwax26
Thumbs down on this one. Although he is a solid player he is more of an undersized SG and not enough of a PG. I say we take a look at Shannon Brown, Roger Mason, or try to pry Rudy Fernandez from Portland as long as their asking price isnt too high.

You do realize Shannon brown is 6'4 and Delonte is 6'3? and all Shannon can really do is dunk? I mean sure he occasionally hits a shot but there's a reason he averaged 5 points in the playoffs. Gimme Delonte over any of those guys any day of the week. Yeah he has a gun charge. Yeah he got diagnosed as bipolar last year. but he ****ed LeBronze's mom! imagine the Bulls-Heat rivalry if we add him!!!! dude is a very good defender, and okay shooter.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:02 PM   #7
step_back
College superstar

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'd have him on the team just to piss of Lebron, if Lebron gets an insane dunk west could go back down the other end and say "you should have seen how hard I took it to your mums hole".....some good old trash talk
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:24 PM   #8
drwax26
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
You do realize Shannon brown is 6'4 and Delonte is 6'3? and all Shannon can really do is dunk? I mean sure he occasionally hits a shot but there's a reason he averaged 5 points in the playoffs. Gimme Delonte over any of those guys any day of the week. Yeah he has a gun charge. Yeah he got diagnosed as bipolar last year. but he ****ed LeBronze's mom! imagine the Bulls-Heat rivalry if we add him!!!! dude is a very good defender, and okay shooter.

You do realize that delonte west cant guard opposing SG's lol. Besides hitting an occasional 3 and shooting midrange jumpers what else does West do lol. Brown has so much more potential than West its crazy. Last time i checked West wasnt exactly lighting it up in the playoffs lol.....
Old 07-27-2010, 04:06 PM   #9
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't want Delonte having sex with Derricks Mom.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 04:43 PM   #10
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
I don't want Delonte having sex with Derricks Mom.

LOL
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 05:06 PM   #11
Rose
slightly upset stomach

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
You do realize that delonte west cant guard opposing SG's lol. Besides hitting an occasional 3 and shooting midrange jumpers what else does West do lol. Brown has so much more potential than West its crazy. Last time i checked West wasnt exactly lighting it up in the playoffs lol.....
http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...p?f=6&t=855175

General consensus is he's a good defender, and since when was he not a good defender? He's like kirk hinrich-lite. And Brown has potential obviously. but so does Michael Beasley and no one wanted him, except arguably the worst GM in the league.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3841 and that says he's one point below the league average for scoring in the playoffs last year. so he's barely a below average scorer. Meanwhile shannon brown....Dunks?
Old 07-27-2010, 05:36 PM   #12
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board

Your underrating Shannon Brown. Is Delonte West better? Maybe, but if he is it's by a small margin. When you take into consideration West's off the court issues whether it be legal problems or other distractions Shannon Brown is by far the smarter and safer choice. Brown can do alot more than dunk. Sure that's what he's best at but he's not limited to it. He would be dangerous running in the open court with DRose. He's also developed into a pretty good spot up shooter and has 3 point range. Can defend decently and is an average ball handler. I'd prefer Shannon Brown over Delonte West.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 06:57 PM   #13
Rose
slightly upset stomach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
Your underrating Shannon Brown. Is Delonte West better? Maybe, but if he is it's by a small margin. When you take into consideration West's off the court issues whether it be legal problems or other distractions Shannon Brown is by far the smarter and safer choice. Brown can do alot more than dunk. Sure that's what he's best at but he's not limited to it. He would be dangerous running in the open court with DRose. He's also developed into a pretty good spot up shooter and has 3 point range. Can defend decently and is an average ball handler. I'd prefer Shannon Brown over Delonte West.

Dude has a gun charge. Big deal, he's on parole and it's his first offense ever to the best of my knowledge. It's not like Gilbert he wasn't threatening to shoot someone.

also http://www.nba.com/playerfile/shanno...eer_stats.html 33% for his career, isn't impressive. and 43% overall isn't an indication of a good shooter. sure he's an okay defender and ball handler but Delonte West is a better shooter, passer, scorer, defender. he's just not athletic, and a ginger.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:32 PM   #14
drwax26
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...p?f=6&t=855175

General consensus is he's a good defender, and since when was he not a good defender? He's like kirk hinrich-lite. And Brown has potential obviously. but so does Michael Beasley and no one wanted him, except arguably the worst GM in the league.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3841 and that says he's one point below the league average for scoring in the playoffs last year. so he's barely a below average scorer. Meanwhile shannon brown....Dunks?

Kirk hinrich like well thats saying a lot lol? delonte west can guard ppl HIS SIZE not ppl 6'5 6'6 6'7. West averaged 10 more minutes in the playoffs and only scored 3 more points than Brown. Yeah shannon brown can dunk and he can drive and he can hit 3's. You have fun having your gun toting, bi polar, i have to wear an ankle monitor to games Delonte West. But No Thank You
Old 07-27-2010, 09:48 PM   #15
Rose
slightly upset stomach

Quote:
Kirk hinrich like well thats saying a lot lol? delonte west can guard ppl HIS SIZE not ppl 6'5 6'6 6'7. West averaged 10 more minutes in the playoffs and only scored 3 more points than Brown. Yeah shannon brown can dunk and he can drive and he can hit 3's. You have fun having your gun toting, bi polar, i have to wear an ankle monitor to games Delonte West. But No Thank You

I like how I showed you that....Delonte West is a capable defender and you ignored it, and okay...second round out? vs Finals...Hmm
West played 11 games? Brown played....20 something? and I showed that Shannon Brown can't shoot 3's. especially not better than West.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: