Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2010, 02:24 AM   #1
JayGuevara
Hellbound
 
JayGuevara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Detroit
Posts: 5,799
JayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Girls With Boyfriends?

How do you approach the subject? Do you have any go-to moves or a defined plan of action if a girl you're tryin to talk to has a man already? Myself, I've always been the type to not get involved. Well, not deliberately. Sometimes it just happens. But it's generally not a good idea and something I try to avoid. But the rules are really just flexible "guidelines" anyways.

However, an interesting situation comes to mind. Once upon a time, I was talkin to this girl that I was really into. Like I probably would've tried my hardest to be faithful. Probably. She woulda been a marriage candidate cuz she was rich and gorgeous too.

But anyways, we're talkin, nothing has really happened yet, but the hunt has commenced. At first I'm gauging interest, seeing how the scenario looks and analyzing shit, ya know? No moves to capture the prey, but getting a feel for it, and sending out some feelers. It's an art, not a smash and grab. I (objectively as possible) decide there is considerable interest, we're hangin out here and there (schedules conflicted so a lot wasn't possible), she's textin me all the time while I'm at work, bein real flirtatious, and we're talkin quite a bit, cakin on the phone (and I don't do that, I dunno how that happened) till 3 in the morning and shit, things are lookin decent, maybe I'll bag and tag my prey after all.

At no point during my overtures was there any mention of a boyfriend. Then, a girl I worked with who was a mutual friend tells me she does have a man. I'm like "Oh? God must be ready for this niigga to go" (word to Shyne mutha****in Po), but I'm kinda confused nonetheless. Eventually, I decided on going in another direction and not pursuing it further. And I still kinda regret it. I was ill-prepared for such a development, that when it came from an outside source after my opening act, it threw all my analysis out the window. And there was no mention of him straight from the horse's mouth, although I never asked. I moved on, cuz I had another option at the time as well. But that was Plan B. A pretty damn good Plan B, but still a Plan B nonetheless.

What do you do in general in situations when a dame has a man? And what would you have done in my specific scenario illustrated above? I recently ran into a girl that cheated on her boyfriend with me a long time ago and I got to thinkin about it all.
JayGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 02:27 AM   #2
VishaltotheG
Good college starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,457
VishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts
Default Re: Girls With Boyfriends?

in b4 too long didn't read
VishaltotheG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 02:29 AM   #3
Tito Beasley
Banned
 
Tito Beasley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,463
Tito Beasley is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTito Beasley is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Girls With Boyfriends?

i dont believe 3/4 of the things you type, and the other 1/4 i find sad BECAUSE of how likely it is to be true.
Tito Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 02:38 AM   #4
Stinky Dog
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 1,258
Stinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Girls With Boyfriends?

Cant envision myself being interested in a girl who had a boyfriend or in other words someone who lacked character. Granted there are extenuating circumstances like for instance whatever relationship she is in is falling apart but it still seems dirty/wrong. Too much drama.
Stinky Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 02:40 AM   #5
B-Low
The Love B-Low
 
B-Low's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Crowned Prince of the OTC
Posts: 15,594
B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Girls With Boyfriends?

If a girl i liked was with a guy who honestly treated her right then i'd leave it alone unless she made a move on me first. Then I'd just say ok whatever and give in.

If a girl i liked, or even was attracted to, was with a guy who didn't deserve her then I'd usually test the waters some. I've learned with girls, if they like the guy they're with you'll see him EVERYWHERE. On their facebook, in all their statuses, in all their tweets, in all their pictures. Every time you talk to the girl she'll bring him up etc. On the flip side if a girl DOESNT ever mention the guy, that means something is wrong and you can probably break em up.

I had a set strategy for all of them lol...just compliment the hell outta the girl and occasionally tell her how lucky her dude is to have her. This way you can gauge her answer and find out how close they are. If she says somethin like "i wish he realized that" then it'll be easy as hell to wedge in there. If she says "eh, i think he does" then just say something like "he better. wouldn't want someone stealin you away" and make it seem like a joke. After a while the girl will get comfy and start complaining to you about her bf when they fight and that's when you know you win. If a girl comes to you to complain about her bf 9 times outta 10 she's subliminally saying "save me". Like I said girls want the world to think their relationship is perfect, so if they give any sign that it's not, you know it's bad. Yes I was a professional homewrecker early in college

edit: oh yeah massages. Massages are the #1 tool in seducing a woman. If she EVER says she's sore or tired or anything, say "aww have your man give you a massage" and i've found a lotta times girls will say "he never does". Jump on that. once you're giving a girl a massage the clothes slowly come off and it's a wrap

Last edited by B-Low : 07-27-2010 at 02:42 AM.
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 02:41 AM   #6
JayGuevara
Hellbound
 
JayGuevara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Detroit
Posts: 5,799
JayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Girls With Boyfriends?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito Beasley
i dont believe 3/4 of the things you type, and the other 1/4 i find sad BECAUSE of how likely it is to be true.

Pretty much everything I say is the truth, unless it's clearly in jest. And a good portion of that may be sad and tragic and maybe even some is pathetic, but it's all true. I don't have much reason to lie.

Anyways, what would you have done starface? We know that you're clearly a ladies man of legendary proportions, so drop some knowledge on us peasants.
JayGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 02:57 AM   #7
JayGuevara
Hellbound
 
JayGuevara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Detroit
Posts: 5,799
JayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Girls With Boyfriends?

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low

I've learned with girls, if they like the guy they're with you'll see him EVERYWHERE. On their facebook, in all their statuses, in all their tweets, in all their pictures. Every time you talk to the girl she'll bring him up etc. On the flip side if a girl DOESNT ever mention the guy, that means something is wrong and you can probably break em up.

I had a set strategy for all of them lol...just compliment the hell outta the girl and occasionally tell her how lucky her dude is to have her. This way you can gauge her answer and find out how close they are. If she says somethin like "i wish he realized that" then it'll be easy as hell to wedge in there. If she says "eh, i think he does" then just say something like "he better. wouldn't want someone stealin you away" and make it seem like a joke. After a while the girl will get comfy and start complaining to you about her bf when they fight and that's when you know you win. If a girl comes to you to complain about her bf 9 times outta 10 she's subliminally saying "save me". Like I said girls want the world to think their relationship is perfect, so if they give any sign that it's not, you know it's bad. Yes I was a professional homewrecker early in college

edit: oh yeah massages. Massages are the #1 tool in seducing a woman. If she EVER says she's sore or tired or anything, say "aww have your man give you a massage" and i've found a lotta times girls will say "he never does". Jump on that. once you're giving a girl a massage the clothes slowly come off and it's a wrap

Yeah this dude was apparently a ghost, cuz I never woulda known he existed if not for the girl I worked with.

I remember somethin kinda like that when I was talkin to her. We were hangin out just bullshittin an talkin before I had to go to work one day, and then a lil later on I was possessed by some unknown reason to be lame as hell, cuz she's textin me an I felt the need to just say somethin like "I'm sure you already know this and hear it all the time, but you're gorgeous. I mean damn. Seriously" and as I'm sittin there thinkin "What the **** did I just say? Was I just fawning over this girl?" I recall her saying something like "awww babe you're too sweet, I don't hear it all the time, but it is nice to hear once in a while"

So this niigga musta been slippin on his game. He got that contract and got fat and lazy. He shoulda known it's not fully guaranteed, and you can get waived at any moment, so you still gotta pretend to work hard every now and then.
JayGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 02:58 AM   #8
Blackisbig
Serious playground baller
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 417
Blackisbig has decent reputation
Default Re: Girls With Boyfriends?

I normally just throw it out there in the middle of a conversation. Something like: "So, how's the dating life going for ya," or a simple "Are you seeing anybody?" In the middle of a conversation seems like complete random curiosity, and then you're not twisting around in the wind for a long time wondering what's gonna end up happening.
Blackisbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:00 AM   #9
Tito Beasley
Banned
 
Tito Beasley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,463
Tito Beasley is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTito Beasley is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Girls With Boyfriends?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGuevara
Pretty much everything I say is the truth, unless it's clearly in jest. And a good portion of that may be sad and tragic and maybe even some is pathetic, but it's all true. I don't have much reason to lie.

Anyways, what would you have done starface? We know that you're clearly a ladies man of legendary proportions, so drop some knowledge on us peasants.


If I didnt know the guy, and she didnt care enough about him to hit the brakes, I'd have just tried to fuck her, and if she was really hot let her cruise on my arm out in public.

stinky dog's response about morals and respecting boundaries and all that is incomprehensible to me when it comes to relationships. i just dont see how people get so uptight and neurotic and faux-chivalrous about them. if i like a girl, i'll see if she wants to hang out. if she does, great. i dont care what the back story is. if she doesnt (impossible) then i'll look for a different girl. either way its never a big deal to me. like lebron james, i've put myself in a position to have options.

relationships arent the type of thing i get butthurt about. it's just not me. if i dated a girl and she cheated on me, i honestly wouldnt even care. i'd just be like, 'ok well i guess this is peace, take it easy' but i wouldnt be like 'HOW DARE YOU!!!' and start throwing things at the wall and crying myself to sleep.

people are gonna do what they wanna do. if some guy is dating a girl that wants to cheat on him, that's his side of the equation. how she wants to deal with it is her side of the equation. if me and her are going out, that's my side. that's all i care about.
Tito Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:00 AM   #10
B-Low
The Love B-Low
 
B-Low's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Crowned Prince of the OTC
Posts: 15,594
B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Girls With Boyfriends?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGuevara
Yeah this dude was apparently a ghost, cuz I never woulda known he existed if not for the girl I worked with.

I remember somethin kinda like that when I was talkin to her. We were hangin out just bullshittin an talkin before I had to go to work one day, and then a lil later on I was possessed by some unknown reason to be lame as hell, cuz she's textin me an I felt the need to just say somethin like "I'm sure you already know this and hear it all the time, but you're gorgeous. I mean damn. Seriously" and as I'm sittin there thinkin "What the **** did I just say? Was I just fawning over this girl?" I recall her saying something like "awww babe you're too sweet, I don't hear it all the time, but it is nice to hear once in a while"

So this niigga musta been slippin on his game. He got that contract and got fat and lazy. He shoulda known it's not fully guaranteed, and you can get waived at any moment, so you still gotta pretend to work hard every now and then.

lol shiiiiit jump on that. She's an injured gazelle and youre a leopard with 3 cubs to feed at home
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:02 AM   #11
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!
 
ProfessorMurder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: In the year 2525
Posts: 28,022
ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Girls With Boyfriends?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGuevara
So this niigga musta been slippin on his game. He got that contract and got fat and lazy. He shoulda known it's not fully guaranteed, and you can get waived at any moment, so you still gotta pretend to work hard every now and then.

She's dating Eddy Curry?
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:03 AM   #12
Tito Beasley
Banned
 
Tito Beasley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,463
Tito Beasley is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTito Beasley is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Girls With Boyfriends?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackisbig
I normally just throw it out there in the middle of a conversation. Something like: "So, how's the dating life going for ya," or a simple "Are you seeing anybody?" In the middle of a conversation seems like complete random curiosity, and then you're not twisting around in the wind for a long time wondering what's gonna end up happening.

Not even dude. That's like high school tactics.

If you want to go out with a girl, ask her out. Simple as that. It's not gonna change whether she's into you, that's already been determined, so simply asking the question flatly is not going to change it. But it's gonna get you to the answer a lot quicker and allow you to either make plans or move on.
Tito Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:18 AM   #13
JayGuevara
Hellbound
 
JayGuevara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Detroit
Posts: 5,799
JayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Girls With Boyfriends?

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
lol shiiiiit jump on that. She's an injured gazelle and youre a leopard with 3 cubs to feed at home



I didn't think I was in, but I thought I had more than enough to work with. And then I just left it alone. In retrospect, I probably wouldn't have, but I had a lot of shit on my plate anyways, and didn't have time to play games.

I just looked at her facebook too, and there's still no real mention of this guys existence. There's like two old ass pictures with a guy in em, but when they're like 2 years old, who knows who it is. It says in a relationship, but doesn't say with who. But mine has said that for like a year and a half as well. I just never changed it.

Maybe I'll hit her up again, I still have her number. What's the worst that can happen? I really would like to bang her though.
JayGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:28 AM   #14
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!
 
Doomsday Dallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: MAVS/HEAT finals
Posts: 11,774
Doomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Girls With Boyfriends?

If a girl has a boyfriend you stay the f*ck away. PERIOD. Simple as that.



Not worth the drama under any circumstances.


edit: there is one situation where it is allowed, and that is if she is on vacation, far away from her man.
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:32 AM   #15
Tito Beasley
Banned
 
Tito Beasley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,463
Tito Beasley is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTito Beasley is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Girls With Boyfriends?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGuevara


I didn't think I was in, but I thought I had more than enough to work with. And then I just left it alone. In retrospect, I probably wouldn't have, but I had a lot of shit on my plate anyways, and didn't have time to play games.

I just looked at her facebook too, and there's still no real mention of this guys existence. There's like two old ass pictures with a guy in em, but when they're like 2 years old, who knows who it is. It says in a relationship, but doesn't say with who. But mine has said that for like a year and a half as well. I just never changed it.

Maybe I'll hit her up again, I still have her number. What's the worst that can happen? I really would like to bang her though.

just call her and be like hey, lets go out and catch up, huh? either way you're gonna get a quick answer. if you do take her out, just charm the hell out of her. its an easy offensive.
Tito Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:54 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy