Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-06-2012, 06:53 AM   #151
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Bill Russell Vertical Leap

Quote:
Originally Posted by arifgokcen
Lebron highest Jump

Lebron Reach 8'11(draft day measurement 8'10.25 so its safe to assume he grew 0.75 including his arm length).Combined with his 44' vertical leap
8x12+11+44=151
or 12'7.
This is actually higher than MJ or vince this is the highest reach i can remember and validate by watching the video.

This

LeBron is a legit 6'8". He's 4.25" taller than 6'3.75" Wade.

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/ne...902&asid=94532

Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:16 AM   #152
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation here

No...
pauk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:23 AM   #153
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by arifgokcen
Lebron highest Jump

Lebron Reach 8'11(draft day measurement 8'10.25 so its safe to assume he grew 0.75 including his arm length).Combined with his 44' vertical leap
8x12+11+44=151
or 12'7.
This is actually higher than MJ or vince this is the highest reach i can remember and validate by watching the video.

pauk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:31 AM   #154
Vienceslav
Local High School Star

Vienceslav is considered somewhat coolVienceslav is considered somewhat cool

Mo Williams alley oop skills.
btw is that the highest documented jump in game ?
Vienceslav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:43 AM   #155
LoneyROY7
The Babe Ruth of ISH

LoneyROY7 is considered somewhat coolLoneyROY7 is considered somewhat cool

Here's Blake Griffin getting basically his entire head over the rim:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHLsBuzraTY
LoneyROY7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:50 AM   #156
OmniStrife
College superstar

OmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOmniStrife is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
OK, so athletes have regressed since the 60's. Yeah....the centers have that era could jump higher than the 5'6"-5'8" dunk champs like Spud Webb and Nate Robinson.

How can OP and his kind always miss this logic is beyond me.

Sure, there's no footage of these feats, or attempts at them.

However there is plenty of other footage of Wilt / Russel playing ball...

NOTHING in that footage could EVEN HINT at them topping today's above average athletes in verticals, or what not.

Then I get reminded of how Wilt supposedly had sex with 10,000 mountain lions,
or how he tossed a woman by her tail...
(or was it the other way around??)

...And I realize that logic has nothing to do with it.

Last edited by OmniStrife : 02-06-2012 at 08:53 AM.
OmniStrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:51 AM   #157
La Frescobaldi
I brick nerf balls

La Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniStrife
How can OP and his kind always miss this logic is beyond me.

Sure, there's no footage of these feats, or attempts at them.

However there is plenty of other footage of Wilt / Russel playing ball...

NOTHING in these videos could EVEN HINT at them topping today's above average athletes in verticals or what not.

Then I get reminded of how Wilt supposedly had sex with 10,000 mountain lions...
or how he tossed a woman by her tail...

(or was it the other way around??)

And I realize that logic has nothing to do with it.

look at Chamberlain's head and shoulder in relation to the rim.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EpVZS26BUs
La Frescobaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:01 PM   #158
TheTruth11
High school junior varsity star

TheTruth11 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi

We have a winner. We have found the smoking gun!!!

That video should erase all doubts. Chamberlain rises like David Thompson used to rise. He just goes up and up and up. I used to wonder if anyone could touch the top. Not anymore. Based upon that video Chamberlain could definitely do it. He gets up atleast 44 inches. And now that Wilt has been proven right, I wouldn't be so fast to put it past Russell either.

Great thread by the way
TheTruth11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:28 PM   #159
ralph_i_el
The Wizard

ralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation here

serge ibaka did a free throw line dunk, and i bet he could get damn near the top of the backboard with his vertical.
ralph_i_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:39 PM   #160
jlip
Good college starter

jlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation here

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...0&postcount=13
jlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:29 PM   #161
millwad
NBA rookie of the year

millwad is popular on this boardmillwad is popular on this boardmillwad is popular on this boardmillwad is popular on this board

I know that both Russell and Wilt had a great verticals but guys like Fresoblabla and Jlauber overrates their jump ability like crazy. Only an idiot would believe that Russell and Wilt had a vertical as good as or even better then Spud's..

Sure, Spud who had a 42 inch vertical looked like this when he dunked..

And we are supposed to trust idiots who claim that Wilt and Russell had 45 inch verticals, haha.. Wilt even claimed he had a 50 inch vertical..

It's even said that Wilt used to dunk his FT's in high school, and as usual we have visual evidence..
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:36 PM   #162
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi

That's a freakshow.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:44 PM   #163
millwad
NBA rookie of the year

millwad is popular on this boardmillwad is popular on this boardmillwad is popular on this boardmillwad is popular on this board

By the way, Jlauber and Fresblabla, what was Wilt's standing vertical?
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:14 PM   #164
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

PTB, what are you basing that on? Just a hunch?

Frescobaldi, it does look like his armpit is at rim level.

The still photos at the beginning are amazing too. They look photoshopped, I wonder if folks can find the originals.
KevinNYC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:12 PM   #165
Psileas
NBA lottery pick

Psileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
It's even said that Wilt used to dunk his FT's in high school, and as usual we have visual evidence..

Yeah, it's "even" said this, as if a 7'1 guy with freakishly long arms would need a 40 or 50 inch vertical in order to perform this. Samuel Dalembert, with nowhere near Wilt's speed almost pulled this off during a game and Toni Kukoc with nowhere near Wilt's length (and definitely not 40 inches of vertical) had no problems dunking from the FT line in a Croatian All Star competition (there exists UTube footage of this). But, knowing this, and having seen some more of Wilt's exploits, nope, we still need hard photographic evidence for the extraordinary claim of achieving the apex of basketball athleticism, dunkng from the FT line...

Quote:
The still photos at the beginning are amazing too. They look photoshopped, I wonder if folks can find the originals.

I don't know what photos you're talking about, but if someone were to photoshop some photos of Wilt or Russell supposedly showing a 50-inch vertical, he'd do exactly this.
Some time ago, someone posted that photo of H.S Wilt playfully jumping over two bending teammates during some practice. Like half of the posters there believed that the photo was photoshopped because the shadows seemed somewhat weird (because, as seen by the crap told by conspiracy "geniuses" that believe Apollo 11 was a hoax, it's well known that humans have perfect perception of shadows...). Too bad the exact same image had appeared, among others, in a book older than any version of Photoshop/modern editing programs (I think it was "Tall Tales"). Yes, images could still be distorted back then, but you had to hire way more specialized people than nowadays, which would be a pretty stupid thing to do. Hire someone to distort some picture of Wilt, so that a bunch of nobodies in the future would not doubt about his abilities. Uh, OK. Hey, why only stay there, why not make up a few photos of Wilt dunking in 13-feet baskets too, then?
Psileas is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: