Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-27-2010, 08:31 PM   #16
leopoldstotch
Book 'em Dan'l

leopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this board
Default Re: T.O. signs with the Bengals

ladies and gentlemen.

can we officially say cincinnati is going to be the most entertaining off the field team this year?

i do like the bengals chances of winning the afc north. their defense was not the best, but efficient last year. palmer should be able to find ochocinco and TO easily. i do agree benson should be able to rack up more yards. ravens are a wild card, and steelers are looking from the outside. i don't think they can survive without roethlisberger out the first month. i say 2-2 best, possibly 0-4 (loss @ tampa)
leopoldstotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:33 PM   #17
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

My favorite team has Pacman Jones and TO.

I don't know how to process this. I've hated T.O for a long time, but I guess I just have to hope it works out for him here. He's old, and almost went without a team, so hopefully, the bullsh!t ego stuff is long gone. From what I read, he was no problem last year with Buffalo.

What I do know is, Carson has far more targets this year. They drafted a few wide recievers, a tight end, brought in Antonio Bryant and now T.O. NO more excuses for #9.

This also bodes well for Ced Benson, and the running game as a whole.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:39 PM   #18
leopoldstotch
Book 'em Dan'l

leopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this board

i say this is 2005 all over again for the bengals.

they ended the season 11-5. faced division rival pittsburgh @ home in the wild card. imo, they had a good chance at beating the steelers. unfortunately, von oelhoffen rolled over palmer's leg. you can be the judge of that if it was intentional or not.

could they have beaten the colts and broncos? possibly. but that 2005 bengals team was pretty good, and was 1 unfortunate play away from going far in the playoffs.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:41 PM   #19
leopoldstotch
Book 'em Dan'l

we do have to give credit to marvin lewis. the bengals were an embarrassment in the 90s and early 2000s. then he came, and resurrected this franchise.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:42 PM   #20
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981

I don't know how to process this. I've hated T.O for a long time, but I guess I just have to hope it works out for him here. He's old, and almost went without a team, so hopefully, the bullsh!t ego stuff is long gone. From what I read, he was no problem last year with Buffalo.

What I do know is, Carson has far more targets this year. They drafted a few wide recievers, a tight end, brought in Antonio Bryant and now T.O. NO more excuses for #9.

as a 49er Owens basically took a shit on the star in Dallas...

as an Eagle he was the Cowboy's biggest enemy...

before he came to Dallas there was NO ONE in the NFL I hated more than T.O.

all of that disappears the very second he scores a TD...once that happens, it is like the past doesn't matter at all...

in the end, the fans don't care about anything but winning...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:51 PM   #21
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopoldstotch
we do have to give credit to marvin lewis. the bengals were an embarrassment in the 90s and early 2000s. then he came, and resurrected this franchise.

Indeed, they are no longer a joke. The old, bad Bengals are gone.

With that said, it's time to win a freakin' playoff game. It's been 19 years. Noone will respect this franchise until they take the next step, and Marv Lewis' job security may depend on it.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:57 PM   #22
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopoldstotch
i say this is 2005 all over again for the bengals.

they ended the season 11-5. faced division rival pittsburgh @ home in the wild card. imo, they had a good chance at beating the steelers. unfortunately, von oelhoffen rolled over palmer's leg. you can be the judge of that if it was intentional or not.

could they have beaten the colts and broncos? possibly. but that 2005 bengals team was pretty good, and was 1 unfortunate play away from going far in the playoffs.

Worst sports moment I've ever experienced. That team was flat out robbed of an opportunity. In the playoffs this past year, we sputtered down the stretch and simply lost to a better Jets team, but that year, to lose.....at HOME....to your ARCH RIVAL....who takes out your QB......and then said rival goes on to win the Super Bowl? It doesn't get any worse than that.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:28 PM   #23
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

You'll love him mlh. Now Pacman...that's a different story.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:40 PM   #24
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Bengals got something to look forward too haha TO and Ochocinco should be interesting. Owens didn't really cause any problems last year should be an interesting season for them
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:55 PM   #25
bballer
Orioles/Tarheels

bballer is considered somewhat coolbballer is considered somewhat coolbballer is considered somewhat cool

Chad n TO on Madden are goona RUN SHIT
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:59 PM   #26
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

if i were you i'd be happy though. Pacman and TO have both been through enough trouble and drama in their lives that HOPEFULLY they've matured, realized their roles (and that they arent star players anymore) and are ready to focus on football and football only.

the Bengals' defense was a suprise last year and Pacman will only help them.

TO, along with Jordan Shipley, Bryant and Gresham will help out the offensive game too and give Carson alot of options on offense.

as Stu Jackson put it, the Bengals have done a nice job of putting alot of different options around their star QB. Carson should have a wonderful year imo and although im still a Skins fan first, i'll be rooting for the Bengals too
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:26 PM   #27
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

TO actually does seem like a cool guy from what I've seen of his show on VH1. I'm actually rooting for him but I hope the Bengals implode and suck.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:45 PM   #28
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Noooooooooooo! Not Chad Johnson and Terrell Owens on the team at the same time! Noooooooooooooo! The Bengals are suppose to get away from players that have off-the-field issues, then they sign Diva Owens.

Oh well, at least it'll be entertaining to watch. And if they make the playoffs it's a plus for any Bengals fan.

Last edited by Meticode : 07-27-2010 at 10:48 PM.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:54 PM   #29
LMS4
I airball my layups

LMS4 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

We had them over in Dallas. It was a fun run. And now i'm just interested to see how the Bengals will fair with T.O.

Haha, oh the NFL just got a bit exciting for me.

Chad and Owens. Yay.
LMS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:57 PM   #30
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ocho and T.O. should make up dance routines!
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: