Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-27-2010, 06:05 PM   #1
Dolphin
werewolfdolphin

Dolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation here
Default Why house music > rap or rock in one song

Minus the fact the song is unbelievable.......most won't know, but if you've ever seen girls get down to this music, you'll never wanna listen to anything else.....not your silly top 40 house mixes....this is for the people with taste and who really wanna get funky.

Sweating just imagining hearing this live right now with thousands of others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy9wuCujOXM

Last edited by Dolphin : 07-27-2010 at 06:07 PM.
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 06:16 PM   #2
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Doomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Why house music > rap or rock in one song

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin
Minus the fact the song is unbelievable.......most won't know, but if you've ever seen girls get down to this music, you'll never wanna listen to anything else.....not your silly top 40 house mixes....this is for the people with taste and who really wanna get funky.

take some Ecstasy while your at it.
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 06:17 PM   #3
heyhey
stay mad golden state

heyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It's great for clubs but I can't listen to this stuff when I'm alone.
heyhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 06:28 PM   #4
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

live? uhm, ok.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 06:33 PM   #5
Dolphin
werewolfdolphin

Dolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
live? uhm, ok.

You have something to say...I can tell....hmmmmmm, what could that be?

Quote:
It's great for clubs but I can't listen to this stuff when I'm alone

Do you even go to clubs that play this shit? lol

btw, I was listening to it in my den all by myself. Hope that isn't a poor comment on myself. lol
Old 07-27-2010, 06:35 PM   #6
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
You have something to say...I can tell....hmmmmmm, what could that be?

btw, I was listening to it in my den all by myself. Hope that isn't a poor comment on myself. lol
well.
A) that song was really boring. Probably took the dude about as long as the track is to make it.
B) watching a DJ spin isnt "live". Sorry.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:38 PM   #7
Dolphin
werewolfdolphin

Quote:
well.
A) that song was really boring. Probably took the dude about as long as the track is to make it.
B) watching a DJ spin isnt "live". Sorry.

Ya, it's live. Being a snob can also make you a complete idiot. Just saying...

You have no idea how to make music like this so why insist coming off like an idiot...again...?
Old 07-27-2010, 06:39 PM   #8
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Ya, it's live. Being a snob can also make you a complete idiot. Just saying...

You have no idea how to make music like this so why insist coming off like an idiot...again...?
dont I? I was going to raves before you were probably even born. and I have friends who are in fact DJs (no, not the club kind). So, yeah, I think I know a little about it. and probably more than you.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:43 PM   #9
Dolphin
werewolfdolphin

Quote:
dont I? I was going to raves before you were probably even born. and I have friends who are in fact DJs (no, not the club kind). So, yeah, I think I know a little about it. and probably more than you.

You absolutely do not know how to make this type of music let alone more than me. lol

Great, you went to raves. Many people who don't know about the music or care about the music go just to have fun with friends....congrats on being like everyone else. lol
Old 07-27-2010, 06:44 PM   #10
heyhey
stay mad golden state

heyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterheyhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Not frequently but when I was in france a couple of times and once at a party around galesburg. And dorm parties in nyc.

To be real, house music isn't that exciting to me. It's very monotonic imo. when I'm listening to music on my own I prefer music with great lyrics and have some emotional investment.
heyhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 06:46 PM   #11
brooks_thompson
Good college starter

brooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputation

wasn't bad, needs more synth
brooks_thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 06:46 PM   #12
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
You absolutely do not know how to make this type of music let alone more than me. lol

Great, you went to raves. Many people who don't know about the music or care about the music go just to have fun with friends....congrats on being like everyone else. lol
you are so full of yourself. you house purist. "Im not here to dance and have fun, Im here for the awesome counterpoint and polyrhythms."

link us something you've made then douchebag.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:50 PM   #13
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
.this is for the people with taste and who really wanna get funky.
oh yeah, Im the snob in here. Re-read your first post, you come across like a total asshat. Oh wait, thats exactly what you are.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:54 PM   #14
SALFORD-RED
High School Starter

SALFORD-RED has an OK reputation so far

i like the cut of the op's jib. good call op, nice choon.

feel free to post more.
SALFORD-RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 07:55 PM   #15
Dolphin
werewolfdolphin

Quote:
you are so full of yourself. you house purist. "Im not here to dance and have fun, Im here for the awesome counterpoint and polyrhythms."

link us something you've made then douchebag.

Really? lol

My point was going to a rave before I was born does not mean you know shit all about house music. It's not about me saying I know everything, it's about you trying to make me believe you have a knowledgeable opinion of the music because you danced around as a kid and had some friends who liked to spin.

As for your second quote. I'm not looking down at people...I just know only those who are really into it will probably like that song. It's a little too much for some...or in the case of you and heyhey, it's not enough. To me it's just perfect and you should know the people that like it is a relatively small portion of society (I mean like as in listen to it on their own time, not wasted at a club).

And heyhey, trust me when I say people are very emotionally invested into this music. lol I also hate most lyrics. I prefer vocals that simply fit the rhythm of a song. Lyrics to me simply point out the obvious. A lot of filler. But vocals in general can make a song amazing in correlation to the beat, rhythm, etc. I guess it really isn't that much of a surprise I don't put much weight into lyrics considering I listen to mostly house and metal. lol To me words are more appropriate in novels and such...ie. real literature.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: