Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 11-20-2006, 01:28 PM   #1
defmut
I hit open layups

Default Trade

Everybody knows the Bulls need an inside presence and a go to guy. the Bulls are stacked with role players. Who on the bulls are you willing to trade if such a player becomes available?

1. Deng
2. Duhon
3. Thomas
defmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 01:54 PM   #2
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

None of those players. Deng I beleive will have a much improved season and is a factor on offense, Duhon is a good back up point gaurd who can be a starter if needed, and I'd be willing to hold on to Thomas because he should develop into something special. Thomas and Sefolosha are the Bulls future. They might even become the best duo since Jordan and Pippen for Chicago. Players that I would give up though would be Sweetney, Andriukevicius, Allen along with future first round picks and second round picks. If I did have to pick a player from the original list I would trade Duhon, Gordon can play some of the point if needed and Sefolosha would play at the other gaurd position.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 02:03 PM   #3
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

I don't think the team will make any more moves this season. It will have to come in next years draft or free agency.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 06:09 PM   #4
defmut
I hit open layups

With the rumor of trading Garnet, the bulls have the pieces to make that trade. The bulls have good players but none of them are great. We still need a consisent go-to-guy. I'm willing to trade some of our pieces for that go-to-guy. the way the nba is playing faster, I would rather trade for a go-to-guy than an inside presence player unless we can get a player that kill 2 birds with one stone and be a tall go-to-guy with inside presence.

i would trade these players:
Duhon
Sweets
Allen
Thomas
Deng
Trade Pick

We could get either:
Garnett
Iverson
defmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 11:04 AM   #5
taurus515th
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Style
Players that I would give up though would be Sweetney, Andriukevicius, Allen along with future first round picks and second round picks.

thats me. I love the guys on this team and the only players i would give up are Mike Sweetney, Andriukevicius, Allen along Bulls right to swipe New Yorks pick, second round picks, and make an option to swipe pick with the next team in 2008.

The guy i really like is Jermaine O'neal. He is our missing piece but Indiana would most likely want more than what im willing to give them.

PG-Kirk Hinrich 6'3
SG-Ben Gordon 6'2
SF-Luol Deng 6'9
PF-Jermaine O'neal 6'11
C-Ben Wallace 6'9
taurus515th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 02:09 PM   #6
BullsBigMan29
I hit open 5-footers

I'd still pull a trade for Kevin Garnett
BullsBigMan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 10:49 AM   #7
trig
Decent college freshman

i think only hinrich, brown and big ben has a big contract in the bulls. it will be hard to get kg w/o gordon and deng getting new contracts first then trade either of them
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 02:31 AM   #8
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

I don't think NBA rules will allow a team to trade a pick they don't own yet. My knicks pick has no value until the end-of-season record. We only swap picks if ur Bulls record is better. You guys do not own our pick. Plus to a acquire a KG or AI type max money player you would have to include at least 3 youngsters and maybe a bad contract if you have one (i don't think yall do) to match their max money deals. Of course if you do that how would you resign the youngsters you have left considering if you did acquire KG or AI you'd have Ben at 15mil + the aquired player at 20mil. (KG scheduled to make over that). That's 35mil+ without resigning anyone yet. Paxson aint willing to do that. Very tough dilemma to me. Will be watching closely.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 02:39 AM   #9
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by taurus515th
thats me. I love the guys on this team and the only players i would give up are Mike Sweetney, Andriukevicius, Allen along Bulls right to swipe New Yorks pick, second round picks, and make an option to swipe pick with the next team in 2008.

The guy i really like is Jermaine O'neal. He is our missing piece but Indiana would most likely want more than what im willing to give them.

PG-Kirk Hinrich 6'3
SG-Ben Gordon 6'2
SF-Luol Deng 6'9
PF-Jermaine O'neal 6'11
C-Ben Wallace 6'9

No team in their right mind would do that trade. You would have to offer your whole starting line-up minus Ben for KG or Ai. then a third team would have to be involved to make the salaries match. You guys could use ray allen. You backcourt is too short and no defense. That's why AI lit yall up for 46 right after getting a tooth pulled.

Last edited by knickscity : 11-25-2006 at 02:48 AM.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 11:47 AM   #10
taurus515th
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
No team in their right mind would do that trade. You would have to offer your whole starting line-up minus Ben for KG or Ai. then a third team would have to be involved to make the salaries match. You guys could use ray allen. You backcourt is too short and no defense. That's why AI lit yall up for 46 right after getting a tooth pulled.

and thats y i said its not going to happen.
taurus515th is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: