Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 07-27-2010, 09:02 PM   #1
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Madden 11 demo is out...free download

you can play 4 quarters of Colts vs. Jets...just those teams

I am at work but have been reading a lot of the reactions on the Madden forums and there is a lot of bitching...but that is normal for Madden, people nitpick it to hell...

there are a ton of positive comments too though...

just letting you guys know...I will probably jump on it later tonight...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:29 PM   #2
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Madden 11 demo is out...free download

positive: better kicking system IMO

negative: the game flow shit is retarded

also, gus johnson is bad lmao
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 11:17 PM   #3
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Just turn off all the features you don't like. That's what I'll be doing... I'm keeping the same basic presentation as last year.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:11 AM   #4
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

well I would be lieing if I said I thought this was a killer improvement...

although, for the most part I think it is just like Madden 10, which is a good thing...

i am not used to the running at all...I can't stop holding down the sprint button, even though there is no sprint...

there are no speed RBs in this game, but it seems like it wold be very diffuicult to bust out a HR with a runner, maybe playing with AD or CJ is much different though...

the announcer sucks, good thing you can turn him off...

didn't even bother to set up a game plan and try the whole game flow thing yet, I am fairly certain I won't be using that feature EVER...

kick returns are slow or something...it is actually difficult to get the ball past the 30 on a return, I can't see how it is possible to take a kick to the house either...

good thinkg this is just a demo, and a much more polished version is coming though...hopefully they listen to the Madden hard heads and make the correct changes...
Old 07-28-2010, 03:30 AM   #5
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Same game as last year, also why are the jets playable? they didnt go to the superbowl the saints did and won it.

If i make the same stupid mistake as i did last year when i bought madden 10 iam gonna shoot myself.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:59 PM   #6
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
Same game as last year, also why are the jets playable? they didnt go to the superbowl the saints did and won it.

If i make the same stupid mistake as i did last year when i bought madden 10 iam gonna shoot myself.

why was buying madden 10 a mistake?
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:19 PM   #7
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Madden 10 was one of the greatest Maddens ever...imo THE greatest ever...

that being said, this demo was disappointing to me...for the most part it does seem just like Madden 10 with some new features that I will probably never use...

or maybe I will, and just haven't adjusted yet...

I will purchase Madden 11 for sure...just for Madden Ultimate Team alone...that shit is beyond addictive...
Old 07-28-2010, 03:23 PM   #8
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

theres no sprint? LMAO wtf thats so retarded
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:23 PM   #9
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

also apparently it is impossible to nano blitz now...

so you won't be seeing you QB getting sacks a nanosecond after the ball is snapped anymore...

and I was unable to abuse the flats the way that I did in Madden 10...

so that right there is already 2 exploits that have been fixed...

the rocket catching exploit may still be a problem though...
Old 07-28-2010, 03:25 PM   #10
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
theres no sprint? LMAO wtf thats so retarded
it "auto sprints" when you are running straight and releases when you are turning...

and apparently you have the option to go back to using the sprint button if you want but they suggest against that...that there is no way a human can auto control as well as the CPU will for you...

I was having problems running though...but I think that is just because they changes the whole running system...you have to use both sticks now to shift weight...
Old 07-28-2010, 04:47 PM   #11
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak
why was buying madden 10 a mistake?
Because it was the same game as 09 with better graphics and 09 was the same game as 08.All these madden games are just roster updates and iam not falling for it again.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:04 PM   #12
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
Because it was the same game as 09 with better graphics and 09 was the same game as 08.All these madden games are just roster updates and iam not falling for it again.
there are a couple reasons for that...

1. it is a football sim, how much different can it really be?...you can only do so much different every year...once they figure out what people like, they stick with it, no need to change something that doesn't need to be fixed...

2. they only get 9-10 months to make the game. Average dev time for a game is 2-3 years...there is no way they can make an entire new game from scratch in that time...

it kind of is just like an updated Madden 10...with new rosters...you are right...but some people will be just fine with that...

the only time you are going to get a HUGE revamp is when the next gen consoles come out...PS4
Old 07-28-2010, 06:58 PM   #13
Gundress
Banned

Gundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputation

I am very disappointed in this DEMO...Madden 10 just much better game.

It no surprised from EA, I really hate EA Sports games but only like Madden.
Gundress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:12 PM   #14
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-
there are a couple reasons for that...

1. it is a football sim, how much different can it really be?...you can only do so much different every year...once they figure out what people like, they stick with it, no need to change something that doesn't need to be fixed...

2. they only get 9-10 months to make the game. Average dev time for a game is 2-3 years...there is no way they can make an entire new game from scratch in that time...

it kind of is just like an updated Madden 10...with new rosters...you are right...but some people will be just fine with that...

the only time you are going to get a HUGE revamp is when the next gen consoles come out...PS4
They can do something huge for this generation i dont see why we have to wait until newer consoles.

They can make Franchise/Association/Dynasty mode alot better instead they just give us the same thing as the years before, unless iam wrong i havent heard a thing about improvements to franchise mode.Building new stadiums, moving teams and having a expansion draft would be GREAT!!!!!.

What about superstar mode?(I think thats what its called) where you create your player and having him go through the draft.It will probably be the same thing as years before nothing new.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:33 PM   #15
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
They can do something huge for this generation i dont see why we have to wait until newer consoles.

They can make Franchise/Association/Dynasty mode alot better instead they just give us the same thing as the years before, unless iam wrong i havent heard a thing about improvements to franchise mode.Building new stadiums, moving teams and having a expansion draft would be GREAT!!!!!.

What about superstar mode?(I think thats what its called) where you create your player and having him go through the draft.It will probably be the same thing as years before nothing new.
I don't know anything about those...

I do know that this is the first year that Ultimate Team will be on the disk, and that was fantastic for 10...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: