Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 07-29-2010, 06:55 PM   #1
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Default Steelers sign "5 Yards" Flo

"Steelers agreed to terms with OT Flozell Adams on a two-year contract.
Great news for Rashard Mendenhall and the Pittsburgh ground attack. The Steelers had no realistic in-house option to step in for injured Willie Colon, so the 35-year-old Adams fills a major vacancy up front. It's not yet been decided if he or Max Starks will play left tackle. "The Hotel" is now at the stage where he's a liability in pass protection, but he remains a mauling run blocker. It's a great fit for both sides.
"
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 07:09 PM   #2
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Default Re: Steelers sign "5 Yards" Flo

damn, I was really hoping that he would somehow make his way back to Dallas with a restructured contract...

I have a feeling he is going to be very missed in Dallas...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 07:28 PM   #3
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

For all the talk of how good the 'Boys will be this year I can't help but think they went backwards just a tad. Dez adds to a passing attack that didn't need much improvement to begin with...but besides that it seems they're taking a step back at both tackle (Flo to Free) and safety (Hamlin to Ball) with every other position staying the same. There's the possibility of Jenkins getting better but I don't think he'll have a better year than last year, just a more nationally recognized year. Can't see how they've really caught up to the Vikings/Saints or even really tried to. Not a very aggressive offseason.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:35 PM   #4
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
For all the talk of how good the 'Boys will be this year I can't help but think they went backwards just a tad. Dez adds to a passing attack that didn't need much improvement to begin with...but besides that it seems they're taking a step back at both tackle (Flo to Free) and safety (Hamlin to Ball) with every other position staying the same. There's the possibility of Jenkins getting better but I don't think he'll have a better year than last year, just a more nationally recognized year. Can't see how they've really caught up to the Vikings/Saints or even really tried to. Not a very aggressive offseason.
Barber was playing on a torn quad all last year...

supposedly he is back to his 2007 self this year...there is a very good chance you will see the Barber that can't be tackled this year...

in fact he has already been labeled the official starting RB over Felix...but a lot of that is just because Barber puts pass rushers on their asses, and Felix apparently has blocking issues...

other than than you might be right...

although, from what I understand both Free and Ball look fantastic, but that is what they say about everyone so it is impossible to know how much truth there is to it...
Old 07-29-2010, 07:40 PM   #5
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Free was actually better than Columbo at RT last year...

but when placed at LT when Flo went out against the Vikes, he could NOT handle Jared Allen at all...
Old 07-29-2010, 07:41 PM   #6
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-
Barber was playing on a torn quad all last year...

supposedly he is back to his 2007 self this year...there is a very good chance you will see the Barber that can't be tackled this year...

in fact he has already been labeled the official starting RB over Felix...but a lot of that is just because Barber puts pass rushers on their asses, and Felix apparently has blocking issues...

other than than you might be right...

although, from what I understand both Free and Ball look fantastic, but that is what they say about everyone so it is impossible to know how much truth there is to it...
Trevard Lindley also looks fantastic and they're making Mike Kafka sound like Peyton Manning...funny thing is nobody even has pads on yet. Can't believe training camp hype, I think the reporters covering camp are just as excited to watch football as we are. Dallas is the best in the NFC East and the NFC East is going to be a tight group like always (on paper there isn't a team in it that should win less than 8 games) but our best just doesn't look as good as some other divisions' best. Dallas seems like they got better at the positions where they were already great and worse at the positions they were mediocre.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:20 PM   #7
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
Trevard Lindley also looks fantastic and they're making Mike Kafka sound like Peyton Manning...funny thing is nobody even has pads on yet. Can't believe training camp hype, I think the reporters covering camp are just as excited to watch football as we are. Dallas is the best in the NFC East and the NFC East is going to be a tight group like always (on paper there isn't a team in it that should win less than 8 games) but our best just doesn't look as good as some other divisions' best. Dallas seems like they got better at the positions where they were already great and worse at the positions they were mediocre.
I actually expect the Vikes to get worse...or at least Favre...no way he repeats that preformance...Vikes will still be good no doubt but imo the QB spot for them is still a big ???

Dallas can handle up on the Saints...we saw that last year...

my biggest worry is Green Bay actually...I expect Green Bay to be awesome

my NFC power rankings would be something like:

t1. Green Bay/Dallas
3. New Orleans
4. Minny

but this is the NFL, and that means someone unexpected is SURE to pop up top...
Old 07-29-2010, 08:31 PM   #8
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-

my biggest worry is Green Bay actually...I expect Green Bay to be awesome
You on the Aaron Rodgers bandwagon now?

Quote:
but this is the NFL, and that means someone unexpected is SURE to pop up top...
Bears and Giants are my picks. Bears because Cutler/Forte didn't play up to what they're capable of and the addition/return of Peppers and Urlacher to the defense. Plus the addition of Mike Martz.

Giants because they're simply better than what they showed, especially on the defensive side. Jacobs had back to back years of 5.0 yards per carry before last year, I love Steve Smith as kind of the new TJ Housh of the league, and I love Hakeem Nicks. And I hate them all at the same time. They finished 3-8 last year but only 2 of those losses were to non-playoff teams. They're better than that.

Last edited by Posterize246 : 07-29-2010 at 08:33 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:47 PM   #9
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Aaron Rodgers scares me, yeah...just like Romo should scare anyone else...

I don't like Rodgers as a person though, he comes off very arrogant and cocky...as though he has already won the SB or something...

I have read comments from Green Bay fans even saying that they don't like Rodgers as a person, just as a player...

dude is just full of himself...

and I can see the Giants suprising this year for sure...not the Bears so much though...
Old 07-29-2010, 08:50 PM   #10
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

I've been pulling for Rodgers ever since Favre retired, handed him the keys to the car, and then tried to take them back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzBrKT0QLWc

skip to 8 mins in

Last edited by Posterize246 : 07-29-2010 at 08:59 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:09 PM   #11
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
I've been pulling for Rodgers ever since Favre retired, handed him the keys to the car, and then tried to take them back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzBrKT0QLWc

skip to 8 mins in
yeah I remember that...funny stuff

I want to f*ck Danica Patrick though...wonder if Justin handled up on that after the show...
Old 07-29-2010, 09:23 PM   #12
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Ya. I got the Packers winning the NFC North too. My top two teams in the NFC are GB and Dallas. But who knows. This is why the NFL is the best sports league in our country. There's ALWAYS at least two surprise playoff teams per season.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 02:49 AM   #13
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

I realize this is a bit of a overreaction but he's better than the guys that we had to replace colon...

not expecting much from my team this year

Last edited by DirtBag : 07-30-2010 at 03:32 AM.
DirtBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 03:58 AM   #14
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

That is really good news for Mendenhall more than anything, I think the Steelers have a above average run blocking line... still a average pass blocking line though. But you've got

Adams at LT
Starks at RT
Hartwig at C
Pouncey at RG
Keouatu or however you spell it at LG and you still got some depth with Essex

Mendenhall goes from an avoid in fantasy to a target for me.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 03:58 AM   #15
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

On Flozell, he can run block pretty good... it's pass blocking he's weak at... he can create holes for a runner like Mendenhall
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: