Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 07-27-2010, 09:40 PM   #1
aem
I hit open 5-footers

aem has an OK reputation so far
Default Report: Bulls Eyeing Three Guards

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nb...ory?id=5415275

Eddie House, Keith Bogans and Roger Mason.
aem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:35 PM   #2
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Report: Bulls Eyeing Three Guards

Yeah, Bout F-ing time we're "eyeing" Mason.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:11 AM   #3
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas

I don't understand it either esp when the team barely have any legit 3pt shooters except for Korver. I like them finding adequate backups for center and pg spots but I felt signing a legit SG who can actually shoot should have been the top priority after acquiring Boozer.
I thought of Orlando immediately hiring Q Richardson after learning that the Bulls offerered a pretty good contract to Redick.
I thought of Miami going after Mike Miller after securing commitments from the big 3. I thought of Boston gulping then agreeing to pay Ray Allen 10 Mil/yr extension.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 04:28 AM   #4
Pharcyde
Big like Magic

Pharcyde is a pretty well-respected posterPharcyde is a pretty well-respected posterPharcyde is a pretty well-respected poster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtRuC0oRTJQ

Make the right choice.
Pharcyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:42 AM   #5
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected poster

Out of this bunch Roger Mason should be the choice.

Bogans would be my second choice from these three players.

Please NO to House.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:00 PM   #6
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharcyde

thanks for the link. Im just wondering if Mason went to Duke or played for the Jazz, Bulls probably would have signed him 3 weeks ago.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:41 PM   #7
sanders2021
I hit open layups

sanders2021 has an OK reputation so far

Well, House signed with the ****ing Heat:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...diehouse072910

That leave us with Mason, Bogans, Fernandez. Better get moving on one of them.
sanders2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:36 PM   #8
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

w00t, f house. Miami can add yet another mental midget to the roster!
Old 07-29-2010, 06:23 PM   #9
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
w00t, f house. Miami can add yet another mental midget to the roster!

Completely agree with you. Glad he signed with the Heat and not us. Didn't want him on this team at all.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:29 PM   #10
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanders2021
Well, House signed with the ****ing Heat:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...diehouse072910

That leave us with Mason, Bogans, Fernandez. Better get moving on one of them.

Don't forget about TMac.

In order of my preference:

1. Fernandez
2. McGrady
3. Mason
4. Bogans.

But we definately do have to acquire one of them.

Each of them have their own positives and negatives, but personally after weighing the good and the bad of each of them that's how I would rank them.

I know all of us will disagree on that order, but we should all agree on one thing: making sure we get one of those above named guys is a need.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:07 PM   #11
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
Don't forget about TMac.

In order of my preference:

1. Fernandez
2. McGrady
3. Mason
4. Bogans.

But we definately do have to acquire one of them.

Each of them have their own positives and negatives, but personally after weighing the good and the bad of each of them that's how I would rank them.

I know all of us will disagree on that order, but we should all agree on one thing: making sure we get one of those above named guys is a need.

I absolutely I agree with you that the Bulls need to acquire one reliable shooter.
Im just at a loss why you prefer McGrady ahead of House.
I frankly don't see much difference.
So House is cocky, so is TMac
House can't defend, TMac has been know to be lazy on defense.
TMac would have to be very comfortable or he would ...
oh my hangnail, my back hurts, i can't play defense, you know what, I can't play, ill call you guys when im ready to play again, and no don't send your team doctor, i decide when I can play ok.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:20 PM   #12
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

6'8" can play PG, SG, SF.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:54 PM   #13
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Quote:
6'8" can play PG, SG, SF.

Oh yes, TMac can pay SG and SF, heck I won't argue if he can play pg, but the intriguing question is WILL HE actually play the moment he feels a slight discomfort from his back or leg or fingers?
When the Houston doctors CLEARED him to play, he said, nope
im injured, im shutting it down!
Before that, when he was jacking up 20 perimeter jumpers, double pumping some of them, the coached asked him to hustle back on defense, he pointed to his back and said, he's hurt.
YOu guys can chose to ignore this, as a Bulls fan, I hope and pray that if the Bulls actually signed him, that he turned the corner and actually COMMIT.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:18 PM   #14
SinJackal
Banned

SinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Agreed. I been trying to say Mason was the best choice for over a week now.

I'm also glad everyone else here is glad we didn't sign House. I've been thinking, "WHYYYYYYYY?????????" when I heard they were bringing in house to take a look at him. Bogans and Mason were both obviously better.

I still wouldn't complain if we get T-Mac, I would like him since he's a big name and it's always exciting to see a big name player.

Anyway, Mason also plays pretty good D' in addition to Horry-like clutchness, so he's easily a good pickup. His only problem is that Thib's going to have to guess when Mason's cold and stop him from chucking when he isn't nailing his shots. Dude can go ice cold sometimes, and sometimes just keeps chucking like Tyrus would.
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 10:48 PM   #15
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
Oh yes, TMac can pay SG and SF, heck I won't argue if he can play pg, but the intriguing question is WILL HE actually play the moment he feels a slight discomfort from his back or leg or fingers?
When the Houston doctors CLEARED him to play, he said, nope
im injured, im shutting it down!
Before that, when he was jacking up 20 perimeter jumpers, double pumping some of them, the coached asked him to hustle back on defense, he pointed to his back and said, he's hurt.
YOu guys can chose to ignore this, as a Bulls fan, I hope and pray that if the Bulls actually signed him, that he turned the corner and actually COMMIT.

I hear you, I hear you.

But here is my thing. Other players suck at defense, T-Mac chooses not to play it. Ironic, you'll get the same outcome with most of the available guards, without the size and potential impact. I like TMac just because he did close to a year of training with Tim Grover. If it was any other kind of physical therapy, then I would roll my eyes and moan about his ability to stay healthy. Tim Grover is a g-damn miracle worker.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: