Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 07-28-2010, 10:40 AM   #1
drwax26
High School Starter

Default Lets Get Rudy!!!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,4190684.story

Pretty much we have more to offer than either the celtics or the knicks. I like bogans and mason but rudy is younger and still on his rookie contract. He has averaged 38% from 3 in his career and will get good minutes. We add another shooter with a lot of athleticism and a high motor a perfect complement to brewer. Lets get this done.

Last edited by drwax26 : 07-28-2010 at 10:54 AM.
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:43 AM   #2
sanders2021
I hit open layups

Default Re: Lets Get Rudy!!!

I think Rudy really would be a perfect compliment to Brewer. I really really hope we can get him. However, this doesn't sound encouraging:

"The Bulls have been offering 2009 first-round pick James Johnson all offseason, although the Trail Blazers have shown little interest in Johnson in the past and other parts would be needed to make those salaries match."

I'm all for a Johnson-Fernandez trade, but I don't think anyone in their right mind would do that. What more would everyone be okay with giving up to get him? Another of those second-round picks we acquired this offseason would be fine with me. I don't know if I'd do a first and JJ.

What else do we have to offer? The only tradeable players we have are Derrick, Deng, Taj, JJ, and Noah. And JJ is the only one we'd even come close to considering a trade with.
sanders2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:17 AM   #3
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man

give up jj and a 1st rounder for rudy? hell yeah you do this in a heartbeat, that first rounder will be in the mid twentys or higher, and james johnson is a BUST!!! ive said it before we drafted him (actually i didn't know him too well before the draft but im sure theres a reason for that hes a bust)

heres the thing jj is making a little more than double of what rudys making, so porlands gotta match it with something, and also it says portlands not high on jj anyways so.. hopefully rudy stays disgruntled and demands a trade from portland cuz i just don't see portland wanting to let rudy go for 1.5 mill? thats highway robbery for this guy
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:21 AM   #4
sanders2021
I hit open layups

According to the Trade Machine, JJ and Rudy's salaries are only 55k apart from matching under the 125% rule. Unfortunately for us, this means that the Blazers would have to include another player in the deal. Their two lowest-salary guys are Jeff Pendergraph and Dante Cunningham.

So, JJ + 2011 first rounder (and maybe a 2011 second rounder as well) for Rudy + Cunningham/Pendergraph works. Is that appealing to anyone? I'd do that in a heartbeat, I think. Either Cunningham or Pendergraph would be a great developmental 3rd big man to have, sort of like a better Samardo Samuels. I think we get a lot better with a trade like that.

Last edited by sanders2021 : 07-28-2010 at 11:26 AM.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:25 AM   #5
sanders2021
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwadeOverLebron
give up jj and a 1st rounder for rudy? hell yeah you do this in a heartbeat, that first rounder will be in the mid twentys or higher, and james johnson is a BUST!!! ive said it before we drafted him (actually i didn't know him too well before the draft but im sure theres a reason for that hes a bust)

heres the thing jj is making a little more than double of what rudys making, so porlands gotta match it with something, and also it says portlands not high on jj anyways so.. hopefully rudy stays disgruntled and demands a trade from portland cuz i just don't see portland wanting to let rudy go for 1.5 mill? thats highway robbery for this guy
Agreed on all points here. I think the fact that the Blazers are indeed actively shopping him gives us at least a little leverage in negotiations.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:36 AM   #6
drwax26
High School Starter

The most i would give up is JJ and a future first rounder...
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:40 PM   #7
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

I'd give up James Johnson, one of the 2nd round picks, and one of the 1st round picks for Rudy. I think we have Charlotte's 1st round pick in the upcoming draft so I'd give them our 1st round pick.

I'd do that if we absolutely had to in order to get Rudy. He really would be the perfect compliment to Brewer. That'd be a little bit too much to give up but I'd still do it if it was necessary.

Then maybe turn around and offer the Knicks our other 1st round pick for Wilson Chandler.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:53 PM   #8
DwadeOverLebron

honestly if we get rudy i would be more ecstatic about this than the boozer signing! rudy hasn't even had a fair oppurtunity to showcase what he can do, forget him complimenting brewer, i think him and rose can form a devastating combo! i did not know the bulls have 2 first rounders next yr... hell trade both 1st rounders for this guy! the bulls better get this guy for real!
Old 07-28-2010, 02:05 PM   #9
DwadeOverLebron

i honestly think he's goin to NY tho, dantoni and the suns drafted him originally before trading him to portland, and NY dont' have a solid sg, he'll start immediately for them and he fits dantoni's system to a TEE, but i would lovvve him on the bulls tho! man i wish!
Old 07-28-2010, 02:12 PM   #10
game385
Great young streetballer

Could we do a sign and trade and with Acie Law to package with JJ and a first or second round pick?
game385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:02 PM   #11
sanders2021
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by game385
Could we do a sign and trade and with Acie Law to package with JJ and a first or second round pick?
Rudy's contract is for less than JJ's, which means that Portland would have to include more players to make the salaries match. So sign-and-trading Acie Law would mean that Portland would have to include even more players in the deal.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:03 PM   #12
sanders2021
I hit open layups

Quote:
i honestly think he's goin to NY tho, dantoni and the suns drafted him originally before trading him to portland, and NY dont' have a solid sg, he'll start immediately for them and he fits dantoni's system to a TEE, but i would lovvve him on the bulls tho! man i wish!
Rudy himself doesn't really have much leverage in deciding which team he goes to. I think it'll be about whoever can put together the best package to get him. JJ + a first rounder seems like a good deal to me, but I know the Blazers don't think much of JJ. Not sure who the Knicks and Celtics might be dangling out there, but it can't be much.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:26 PM   #13
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Post Re: Lets Get Rudy!!!

Quote:
honestly if we get rudy i would be more ecstatic about this than the boozer signing! rudy hasn't even had a fair oppurtunity to showcase what he can do, forget him complimenting brewer, i think him and rose can form a devastating combo! i did not know the bulls have 2 first rounders next yr... hell trade both 1st rounders for this guy! the bulls better get this guy for real!

The 1st round pick we got from Charlotte for Tyrus is a lottery protected pick in 2012.

As for Fernandez, I think he would be a good complement to what we currently have on the team, but some people are quick to dismiss what James Johnson can become. He has Josh Smith-type upside and is still only 23 years old. He can shoot inside and out, has shown good defensive skill, and held his own when inserted into the starting lineup last season. He will never be a superstar, but his skill set works well with our lineup.

Fernandez is not a good defender, and doesn't project to be one. The Blazers didn't play him as much as they could have because he was a defensive liability. He had a good rookie season but regressed last year when teams had to start planning for him. He also shoots poorly from inside the 3-point line (under 40% last year and 44% for his career).

I'm not saying don't get Rudy, but I think that giving up on Johnson this early would be a mistake. If we wait Portland out and gain some leverage, we might even be able to make a deal for draft picks and a trade exception. It's not like we're up against a deadline here.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:31 PM   #14
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

I like Rudy, but are we guaranteed that he's going to stay in the NBA? For all we know, he's going to skip the country at his first opportunity.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:44 PM   #15
KelticForce1349
Chicago Bulls fan.

Since the Bulls are under the cap, can't we just offer one of "our" 1st round picks in exchange for Rudy? I hope so...

I would luv to see Rudy in a Bulls uniform but I expect he will end up on the damn Knicks. Argh.
KelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: