Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 07-28-2010, 06:46 PM   #16
SinJackal
Banned

SinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Lets Get Rudy!!!

Um, they want Taj Gibson and a first rounder for Fernandez. They don't want JJ. Every damn team that Bulls try to trade with demand Taj Gibson. It's like they want to unload players they don't want and get more back (for less) in return. It's ridiculous how NBA teams try to work their trades sometimes.

Anyway, Gibson is far better than Fernandez, so it's a really stupid idea. If we can get them to take JJ, that's great, but you're still losing a 1st rounder, which an intelligent team can make really good use of even when it's a 20ish pick.

I'd rather have T-Mac and Gibson and a first rounder next year than just Fernandez. Even late first round picks are useful, don't discount them so quickly.
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:49 PM   #17
KelticForce1349
Chicago Bulls fan.

KelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinJackal
Um, they want Taj Gibson and a first rounder for Fernandez. They don't want JJ. Every damn team that Bulls try to trade with demand Taj Gibson. It's like they want to unload players they don't want and get more back (for less) in return. It's ridiculous how NBA teams try to work their trades sometimes.

Anyway, Gibson is far better than Fernandez, so it's a really stupid idea. If we can get them to take JJ, that's great, but you're still losing a 1st rounder, which an intelligent team can make really good use of even when it's a 20ish pick.

I'd rather have T-Mac and Gibson and a first rounder next year than just Fernandez. Even late first round picks are useful, don't discount them so quickly.

If Portland is asking for the TAJinater, they can go phuck themselves. That is simply ridiculous...man, that takes ball$ to ask for Taj.
KelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:30 PM   #18
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man

DwadeOverLebron has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
The 1st round pick we got from Charlotte for Tyrus is a lottery protected pick in 2012.

As for Fernandez, I think he would be a good complement to what we currently have on the team, but some people are quick to dismiss what James Johnson can become. He has Josh Smith-type upside and is still only 23 years old. He can shoot inside and out, has shown good defensive skill, and held his own when inserted into the starting lineup last season. He will never be a superstar, but his skill set works well with our lineup.

Fernandez is not a good defender, and doesn't project to be one. The Blazers didn't play him as much as they could have because he was a defensive liability. He had a good rookie season but regressed last year when teams had to start planning for him. He also shoots poorly from inside the 3-point line (under 40% last year and 44% for his career).

I'm not saying don't get Rudy, but I think that giving up on Johnson this early would be a mistake. If we wait Portland out and gain some leverage, we might even be able to make a deal for draft picks and a trade exception. It's not like we're up against a deadline here.

josh smith type upside? WTF?!? in what way shape or form? hellllll noooooo!

portlands just tryin to gauge how bad the bulls want rudy and willing to give up for him, of course we're not going to give up taj for rudy... portlands just doing there job and seeing what they can fetch for rudy thats all, i say play it out and wait and see if they want to bite the bait on james johnson and draft picks, but i think rudys a done deal to NYK it just makes too much sense for him there

Last edited by DwadeOverLebron : 07-28-2010 at 10:33 PM.
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 03:14 AM   #19
SinJackal
Banned

SinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelticForce1349
If Portland is asking for the TAJinater, they can go phuck themselves. That is simply ridiculous...man, that takes ball$ to ask for Taj.

I know right? They're asking for almost twice as much as Fernandez is even worth. They act like they really love Fernandez or something, and aren't shopping him around.

Bulls' front office promply hung up the phone and ripped the Blazers' front office number out of their rolladex after they asked for Gibson.
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 07:34 AM   #20
jphoc13
Can barely lace up my sneakers

jphoc13 has an OK reputation so far

We should not get Rudy. His only ability is on offense and has proven to be a really bad defensive liability. Considering we are a defensive minded team he really doesn't fit.

Not to mention he really has done nothing to impress me and what they are asking for in return for him is not worth it. At this point signing Mason is still the best option.
jphoc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 10:02 AM   #21
KelticForce1349
Chicago Bulls fan.

KelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKelticForce1349 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

NBA Rumors: Thursday, July 29
InsideHoops NBA rumors updated 7:00 a.m. ET
Reload this and our front page many times daily.

Portland wants a first-round pick (and possibly nothing else) in any Fernandez deal. The Knicks can't give the Blazers any No. 1 earlier than 2014's, something two other teams reportedly after Fernandez can (Boston, Chicago). The reason: The Ted Stepien Rule.

Read more: http://insidehoops.com/nba_rumors.shtml#ixzz0v4znfa7q

If Portland is asking for only a 1st round pick I wouldn't hesitate to make the trade. If they ask for Taj, Portland must die.
KelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 10:37 AM   #22
sanders2021
I hit open layups

sanders2021 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelticForce1349
NBA Rumors: Thursday, July 29
InsideHoops NBA rumors updated 7:00 a.m. ET
Reload this and our front page many times daily.

Portland wants a first-round pick (and possibly nothing else) in any Fernandez deal. The Knicks can't give the Blazers any No. 1 earlier than 2014's, something two other teams reportedly after Fernandez can (Boston, Chicago). The reason: The Ted Stepien Rule.

Read more: http://insidehoops.com/nba_rumors.shtml#ixzz0v4znfa7q

If Portland is asking for only a 1st round pick I wouldn't hesitate to make the trade. If they ask for Taj, Portland must die.
Good post. I feel the same way. Might as well keep JJ and see if we can develop him.
sanders2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 10:55 AM   #23
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

We can still bounce JJ to the D-League if we're looking for cap relief.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:08 AM   #24
drwax26
High School Starter

drwax26 has decent reputationdrwax26 has decent reputation

I would def grab him for a really low 1st rounder. Then send JJ to the D- League so he can develop and we can bring him back in the case of Rudy wanting to go to europe in the next 2 years.
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:41 AM   #25
ILLEFEX
Serious playground baller

ILLEFEX has an OK reputation so far

i think the bulls are going in the right direction as far as MAYBE making pas the 1st rd...in that case, our 1st rounder will be pretty low next year...so, id give up a first rounder along with jj...we all know the bulls kinda suck at developing late rd draft picks...taj was a good pick...and theres no point of developing those late draft picks if most of our position are set for the next few years...

pg - rose ( set )
sg - brewer
sf - deng
pf - boozer ( set )
c - noah ( set )

so rudy can take that sg spot and our lineup will be set for years...deng is not looking like hes in the bulls future plans...if he is, still not a bad lineup...with brewer and rudy rotating the sg spot...
ILLEFEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:48 PM   #26
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far

I'm seeing more and more rumors of Rudy landing here in Chicago. If talks continue this week I expect this to possibly go through. The only problem is that the rumors have Taj being the one dealt for Rudy. I was hoping that it would be a first round pick for him so that the team could have both players which would be sweet, but we'll soon see what actually happens.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:57 PM   #27
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Style
I'm seeing more and more rumors of Rudy landing here in Chicago. If talks continue this week I expect this to possibly go through. The only problem is that the rumors have Taj being the one dealt for Rudy. I was hoping that it would be a first round pick for him so that the team could have both players which would be sweet, but we'll soon see what actually happens.

I would offer a first and 2nd rounder for Fernandez. The Bulls would be set for the next 2-3 years so they shouldn't get greedy in still eyeing college players. If you look at the history of the Lakers, Spurs etc, they didn't rely heavily on the draft. Besides, the Bulls are poised to win bet 47-55 games (barring any major injuries)atleast, they would draft low.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 01:19 AM   #28
ILLEFEX
Serious playground baller

ILLEFEX has an OK reputation so far

i agree...they shouldnt rely on college players...and rather get someone who's proven they got game such as rudy...and like the other guy said...id rather give up first and second round than use those picks to draft players who might not even pan out...
ILLEFEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 03:43 AM   #29
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Rudy's col and all but why are people acting like he is a sure fire starter? when he replaced Roy he was less than stellar.

Lets remember that second stringers often play against second stringers and when they have to guard Wade, Roy, Kobe, and others they might struggle.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:19 AM   #30
poido123
Banned

poido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Bulls need to get T-Mac, he's still got game when healthy, and would come at a lot less risk than rudy...we are competing for championships now, T-mac can help us get to the promised land, and what a weapon to have with an already good team, T-Mac would thrive behind a strong team without all the pressure on him
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: