Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-19-2010, 05:24 PM   #31
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 50 MPG and not a hybrid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by asd
i see. you were referring to, "meh, what about diesel hybrids?"

only 5%-20% of the fumes from your diesel hybrids is recycled by the carbon cycle

just like the jetta in the OP

it's been over 5 years since my last chem class in college, but in a nutshell,

diesel fuel is thick. as a result, it takes much more energy to make it vaporate, so instead of your car's exhaust emitting something that is less visible, it comes out full of particles....aka smog

your "diesel hybrids" still use 80%-95% of the petro diesel and only 5%-20% of the clean stuff
no I was referring to cars that run on biodiesel or greasel. YOu do realize that the engine was invented to run on peanut oil? It doesnt have to have any fossil fuel in the mix. Tons of conversion kits are available to do this.

the comment was not related to any other comment I or anyone else made in the thread.

thanks for your complete lack of knowledge on the subject. Way to spew a bunch of bullshit rather than just saying you dont know.

also, I think you dont understand what diesel hybrid means. It means a car with a diesel engine and battery power. It doesnt mean flexfuel or whatever else you are trying to say. you can run a diesel hybrid entirely on diesel, its just more fuel efficient due to the battery.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 05:31 PM   #32
asd
High school junior varsity star

asd has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
no I was referring to cars that run on biodiesel or greasel. YOu do realize that the engine was invented to run on peanut oil? It doesnt have to have any fossil fuel in the mix. Tons of conversion kits are available to do this.

the comment was not related to any other comment I or anyone else made in the thread.

thanks for your complete lack of knowledge on the subject. Way to spew a bunch of bullshit rather than just saying you dont know.

projection: (psychiatry) a defense mechanism by which your own traits are attributed to someone else

and listen, genius

car manufacturers don't provide warranties for cars that run on 100% biodiesel, aka B100

5%? sure.
these days, maybe even 20%

but at 100%, you do so at your own risk, which is why it's not an economically-viable solution

read a book.
asd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 05:35 PM   #33
asd

Quote:
Simply stating that they do doesnt help me learn anything.

daddy, i want to learn!!

Old 08-19-2010, 05:55 PM   #34
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by asd
projection: (psychiatry) a defense mechanism by which your own traits are attributed to someone else

and listen, genius

car manufacturers don't provide warranties for cars that run on 100% biodiesel, aka B100

5%? sure.
these days, maybe even 20%

but at 100%, you do so at your own risk, which is why it's not an economically-viable solution

read a book.
how am I projecting? Incomplete combustion due to variations in the temps in the chamber. THats why. Your response said nothing like that and you just made some shit up that sounded reasonable to you.

again, why are you so focused on some small comment made in passing by me? Gotta think you are some sock account of one of my many haters.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:13 PM   #35
asd

Quote:
how am I projecting? Incomplete combustion due to variations in the temps in the chamber. THats why. Your response said nothing like that and you just made some shit up that sounded reasonable to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asd
Diesel fuel is thick. as a result, it takes much more energy to make it vaporate

my "it takes more energy to make it vaporate" explains for insufficient "temps in the chamber"

comprehend much?

Quote:
how am I projecting?
Old 08-19-2010, 06:16 PM   #36
asd

I can see that you're confused, so I found an article that should straighten it out to you.

What's the difference between gasoline, kerosene, diesel, etc?
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/fuel-e...uestion105.htm
Old 08-19-2010, 06:29 PM   #37
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by asd
I can see that you're confused, so I found an article that should straighten it out to you.

What's the difference between gasoline, kerosene, diesel, etc?
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/fuel-e...uestion105.htm

No, you're answer was insufficient. He's right. Be a man and get off your alt.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:50 PM   #38
PejaNowitzki
#1 Manute Bol Fan

PejaNowitzki is considered somewhat coolPejaNowitzki is considered somewhat coolPejaNowitzki is considered somewhat cool

Its all the Toyota-marketing hype and the granola-crunching idiots who fall for the latest fads every single time. Diesel has been the way to go for years and Jetta's are extremely legit and have remarkable durability. Change the oil regularly, do basic maintenance and it'll likely run well over 200,000 miles without breaking a sweat.

The problem however is, IF they do break down, which is rare, you're ****ed because the parts are expensive as shit to replace.
PejaNowitzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:06 PM   #39
asd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
No, you're answer was insufficient. He's right. Be a man and get off your alt.

like it really matters. the principal of ISH going to lower my pay because my answer was insufficient. oh, no!

congrats on "you're" copy and paste from wikipedia

you can give yourself a pat on the back.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:53 PM   #40
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

ive had relations with asd in the past, i dont think hes an alt
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:57 PM   #41
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

emsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation here

my parents had a volvo way back when that was diesel, they complained a lot because of the smell or something. i almost bought a diesel benz once too.
emsteez forreal is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: