Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-23-2006, 12:11 AM   #31
lebron_zoom
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool
And also when Elis team is down he and they seems like they just fall apart. But when Philips team gets down he is on the sideline telling them this aint over lets keep going. And it has shown he is a proven leader with the last two games. With those amazing comebacks. There the only team that has been down by 17 and comeback twice in a row.
Your point kind of contradicts itself, the Giants are one of the best fourth quarter teams in the NFL. And the reason the Giants are playing bad is look at the players theyve lost, if you do its self-explanatory. Dont get me wrong though, Im a Chargers fan and I have Eli, but I dont have a problem with the rest of the Giants, dont count them out.
lebron_zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 12:30 AM   #32
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebron_zoom
Your point kind of contradicts itself, the Giants are one of the best fourth quarter teams in the NFL. And the reason the Giants are playing bad is look at the players theyve lost, if you do its self-explanatory. Dont get me wrong though, Im a Chargers fan and I have Eli, but I dont have a problem with the rest of the Giants, dont count them out.

I dont get how I contradicting myself but whatever. I have nothing against the giants. I am just saying the Chargers are one of the best in the league and the Giants are fighting to stay in the race. So that basically shows us who is the better leader and who is the better team. Thats great there a fourth quarter team. If there so amazing how come the did not comeback against the Jaguars on Monday Night Football. The Chargers came through on Sunday Night Football. But the Chargers have had amazing comebacks. And so far this year they hava played there best football in the second half the Chargers. And Okay I can see the Giants have injurie problems. But so have the Chargers they lost there defensive end Luis Castillo, they lost Merriman to steroids. And half of our defense is gone because legal problems. Our defense has not been that great. But our offense picked up the slack. And the same thing would have happened to the Giants if the other side picked up the slack. That would have shown they have resilance and are a great team.

Last edited by Cool : 11-23-2006 at 12:33 AM.
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 12:35 AM   #33
SmokyMcNasty
I hit open 5-footers

Was never a fan of Eli. How can dude possibly complete less than 60% of his passes with all those weapons he has on offense? The O-line will give him all the time in the world to throw, his receivers will get wide-open, and yet Eli will still find some way to overtrhow or underthrow his receiver. Accuracy is terribly inconsistent. Rivers, on the other hand, is the real deal. People said the Chargers would fall off this year without Brees. They're better than ever.

FACT: In the past 3 seasons, of all the QB's in the NFL that have completed at least 1000 pass attempts, Eli Manning has the worst passer rating of them all.
SmokyMcNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 12:37 AM   #34
lebron_zoom
Great young streetballer

you contradict yourself by saying when the Giants are losing they fall apart then later saying that they have had amazing comeback victories. They probably would have won if they hadnt lost Toomer for the rest of the season, Petigout, and all the others, the Jags would have been dominated if Toomer was in, they have Mathis to cover Burress but nobody that talented for Toomer, they would have been forced to run zone plays and would have gotten beat, and you cant expect them to comeback to win every single game theyre trailing in. On another note I wasnt saying the Giants are better, I'm saying they have a chance at the playoffs, Phillys basically out now with McNabb gone and the only competition is Carolina and Dallas. I know that the Chargers and I never said that the Giants were a better fourth quarter/second half team then them.
Old 11-23-2006, 12:58 AM   #35
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebron_zoom
you contradict yourself by saying when the Giants are losing they fall apart then later saying that they have had amazing comeback victories. They probably would have won if they hadnt lost Toomer for the rest of the season, Petigout, and all the others, the Jags would have been dominated if Toomer was in, they have Mathis to cover Burress but nobody that talented for Toomer, they would have been forced to run zone plays and would have gotten beat, and you cant expect them to comeback to win every single game theyre trailing in. On another note I wasnt saying the Giants are better, I'm saying they have a chance at the playoffs, Phillys basically out now with McNabb gone and the only competition is Carolina and Dallas. I know that the Chargers and I never said that the Giants were a better fourth quarter/second half team then them.

You did say the Giants are one of the best 4th quarter teams. I was talking about the Chargers have had amazing comebacks the last two weeks. Not the giants. And I did thought you said Giants were better that was my bad. So what team are you a fan of?
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 09:16 AM   #36
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121
The better debate is Eli or Grossman. For a guy that gets blasted by many Grossman's statistics are even better than Eli's. Both are extremely inconsistent.

Rivers is at a much higher level than Eli.

I'll take Eli thank you very much.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 09:20 AM   #37
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
I'd take Eli. Earlier on this year he was looking like the 5th or 6th best QB in the league. The team has hit a hump offensively and defensively and Toomer who was having a good year is gone. Now he's left with both inconsistent, yet hella talented Shockey and Burress. He's gonna be a great one, and so is Rivers, but Eli still has more talent.

More talent at what? First 4gms he looked good nxt 4gms he looked bad. Toomer was around for that. Eli just makes poor decisions and throws. Mr. Inconsistency. Plax, Toomer, Shockey, Tiki? Take out Toomer now and he is playing even worst? Shouldnt happen. He has talent. Usually QB's get defended for who they dont have...he has it and still sellsout.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:22 AM   #38
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMcNasty
People said the Chargers would fall off this year without Brees.

People werent wrong with thier assessment either. No one expected Rivers to play this well.
Old 11-23-2006, 11:14 AM   #39
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

Quote:
People werent wrong with thier assessment either. No one expected Rivers to play this well.

Or the Saints to play this well. That was like Brady/Bledsloe, just the perfect time for a QB and team to part ways, though Brees has come out looking better than Bledsloe did.

As for the 2 guys, gotta lean towards Rivers, but I think that LT is the major reason for the differences. I mean when every safety and corner you face is worred about your RB first and foremost its a major difference. Tiki is good, but he isnt LT. Also, Rivers has a monster of an OLine.

That said, Rivers doesnt make the rookie like mistakes that Eli does, just overthrows that no starter should make, bounce passes and just missing guys, he has one of the best go and get it recievers in Plax and he cant find him. That said, Plax and Shockey, who are his top 2 guys, both tend to go missing for large parts of games, Im not sure who is to blame for that but between the QB and the WR/TE something is missing.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 06:46 PM   #40
lebron_zoom
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool
So what team are you a fan of?

Out of those two definately chargers, I just like defending underdogs, gives me a bit of a challenge. Fav team in the NFL now is the Falcons though
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: