Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 07-24-2010, 06:37 PM   #1
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Rasual Butler Remains A Clipper

Lisa Dillman's Twitter

Quote:
Clipper news: Drum roll please ... Rasual Butler returning to Clippers next year, according to sources of reallisa

Quote:
Not multiple sources. Multiple sources are on vacation. Lot pressure to get it out there ...before Rasual himself :-) He's a twitter machine

Quote:
Should clarify one of those last tweets. Butler returning NEXT season, let's not jump too far ahead. I mean, gotta take it season by season.

Quote:
Deal is for one year. Don't have fi details yet. Tree trimming beckons :-)

Depth chart is now:

Baron Davis | Eric Bledsoe | Willie Warren
Eric Gordon | Randy Foye
Ryan Gomes | Rasual Butler | Al-Farouq Aminu
Blake Griffin | Craig Smith | Brian Cook
Chris Kaman | DeAndre Jordan

Still think we need to add one more big guy and wouldn't mind a veteran point guard, but with two open roster spots, I don't think any move like that will be made unless a trade goes down. Cook signing is still pissing me off.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 09:37 PM   #2
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rasual Butler Remains A Clipper

yes!
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:32 PM   #3
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Im really happy that Butler is back. I loved his contribution to the team last season. He should be great coming off the bench to provide nice spot up shooting, 3 pts, and be clutch like he was last season.

And yeah Brian Cook is the only move that I despise..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:42 AM   #4
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

The Los Angeles Clippers today re-signed free agent forward Rasual Butler. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not announced.

Butler, who averaged a career-high 11.9 points to go with 2.9 rebounds and 33.0 minutes in 82 games played with Los Angeles last season, also connected on 41 percent of his field goals on the year. He was originally acquired by the Clippers along with cash considerations from the New Orleans Hornets on August 12, 2009 in exchange for a conditional second round draft pick in 2016.
insidehoops is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 10:40 PM   #5
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

qrich - i still see cook on that list and i do a double-take like wtf....

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 03:50 PM   #6
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
qrich - i still see cook on that list and i do a double-take like wtf....

You and every single person on the planet. I do not understand the idea of the signing of Cook at all. Sure, he has size and is a decent shooter, but so does Novak and he's a better shooter
Old 07-30-2010, 06:15 PM   #7
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
You and every single person on the planet. I do not understand the idea of the signing of Cook at all. Sure, he has size and is a decent shooter, but so does Novak and he's a better shooter

cook definitely has better size, but i don't understand the contract, he isn't worth that much.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:52 PM   #8
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
cook definitely has better size, but i don't understand the contract, he isn't worth that much.

Cook's listed at 6'9 and Novak at 6'10. Regardless, both are just shooters who do nothing else well. If Olshey/Del Negro wanted an emergency big man that can shoot and somewhat play PF/C, Paul Davis, Josh Powell & Nick Fazekas all would have been better options.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: