Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-05-2010, 12:25 AM   #1
williams012
I usually hit open layups

Default So who will you blame if Maimi doesnt win a championship?

Ive been observing these boards for a while and ive noticed a lot of (not saying all and not saying only) Laker fans saying that LeBron will not be 'the man' in Miami, that its Wade's team, etc. So my question is, if Miami fail to win a ring in the next two - three years, who here will you personally blame?

If you have previously said that its Wade's team, you will obvously blame Wade right? Or are people just saying LeBrons not the man in an attempt to discredit his ability or status in the game, then when they dont win, they will act like its squarely on his shoulders?

Post away.
williams012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:26 AM   #2
KoRn
I rule the local playground

Default Re: So who will you blame if Maimi doesnt win a championship?

lebron cuz he brought the cleveland curse with him. wade already had a ring.
KoRn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:27 AM   #3
FCN

If Miami loses, I will blame either Boston, LA, or OKC. If Miami loses, it will be one of those three teams who takes them out.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:27 AM   #4
barbaroi
Local High School Star

All three of their stars will catch heat obviously (pun intentional).
barbaroi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:28 AM   #5
Mr. Jabbar
Banned

Wade has proved he can win a championship with a good partner, Lebron hasn't, so lebron will be to blame, even if he is the 2nd fiddle.
Mr. Jabbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:29 AM   #6
Soundwave
NBA lottery pick

If LeBron doesn't win a title in the next 2-3 years in any situation (Cleveland, Chicago, New York, Miami, etc.) it would be his fault one way or another.

I think that's part of the reason Miami was the pick ... it gives him the best chance to win in the immediate next 2-3 years. He's going to be the scapegoat in any situation if he doesn't win, so you might as well put yourself in the best situation.
Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:32 AM   #7
nbacardDOTnet
Ubuntu !! V18 !!

Smile Re: So who will you blame if Maimi doesnt win a championship?

D-Wade showed who he is in game # 4 against Celtics. (2010 PO 1st round).

He didn't quit the game not like lbj.

So if Heat can't get any champs, it might be lbj 's fault.
nbacardDOTnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:32 AM   #8
Alonzo Magic
Mourning Glory

How about we reserve judgment on the reasoning until we actually find out why they didn't win? I'm just excited to see these three guys play together! Although I'd say the most likely reason would be the size of the Lakers.
Alonzo Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:35 AM   #9
gts
shhhhhhh

doesn't it depend on why they lost? if they lose because they get butchered in the paint which is the most likely scenario why would lebron or wade be blamed? i'd blame riley for putting together a lopsided team before i blame the players...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:36 AM   #10
Phong
National High School Star

Lots of people will blame David Stern and the refs; all the Heat players outside of the 3 Divas will be blamed and called scrubs...
Phong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:36 AM   #11
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Lebron is going to be blamed. Even by people who say hes a sidekick. Which is going to be one of the worst cases of contradictory logic ever expressed on the internet. Which is saying something.

Reason sense tells you...if its Wades team wade takes the blame if they lose. But he wont. Because most everyone knows Lebron is the premier player on the team and the guy considered best is always blamed and credited.

It will show that the people calling him a sidekick know it isnt true. They just have to hate one way or the other. If they win...he won as a sidekick and gets sidekick credit. If they lose....Lebron lost. Lebron....as the sidekick/second fiddle/supporting player....lost. Hes to blame. Not the leader.

And they will pretend it makes sense because it allows them to hate.
Kblaze8855 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:40 AM   #12
whatever666
Banned

Um... when did that become an individual accomplishment? Excuse me but isnt a Championship a TEAM ACCOMPLISHMENT?

Who to blame? The team.....

You could be Wilt Chamberlain or Oscar Robertson and put up 50 point triple doubles for the entire playoffs and put on some of the best clutch performances and defensive performances ever and still not win a championship.......... hence why not even some of the most talented/skilled players in NBA history have not won even ONE........ not even the most complete player of all time (Oscar Robertson) won championships enough, he had only 1.... meanwhile somebody like DJ Mbenga has plenty.....

Why does this happen? Because this is a team game and a Championship is specifically the biggest team accomplishment there is.........
whatever666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:41 AM   #13
Soundwave
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Lebron is going to be blamed. Even by people who say hes a sidekick. Which is going to be one of the worst cases of contradictory logic ever expressed on the internet. Which is saying something.

Reason sense tells you...if its Wades team wade takes the blame if they lose. But he wont. Because most everyone knows Lebron is the premier player on the team and the guy considered best is always blamed and credited.

It will show that the people calling him a sidekick know it isnt true. They just have to hate one way or the other. If they win...he won as a sidekick and gets sidekick credit. If they lose....Lebron lost. Lebron....as the sidekick/second fiddle/supporting player....lost. Hes to blame. Not the leader.

100% dead on.
Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:43 AM   #14
Aye Dee
Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855

I agree 100%
Aye Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:43 AM   #15
williams012
I usually hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever666
Um... when did that become an individual accomplishment? Excuse me but isnt a Championship a TEAM ACCOMPLISHMENT?

Who to blame? The team.....

You could be Wilt Chamberlain or Oscar Robertson and put up 50 point triple doubles for the entire playoffs and put on some of the best clutch performances and defensive performances ever and still not win a championship.......... hence why not even some of the most talented/skilled players in NBA history have not won even ONE........ not even the most complete player of all time (Oscar Robertson) won championships enough, he had only 1.... meanwhile somebody like DJ Mbenga has plenty.....

Why does this happen? Because this is a team game and a Championship is specifically the biggest team accomplishment there is.........

So explain to me why the number on rings someone has is important in the determination of GOAT lists. I agree with you completely. Its a team sport and rings should be looked at with little emphasis, but the fact is, when a team loses typically one or two people get blamed, example; Lebron v Celts.

I dont get it, but its the way it seems to go. Only on ISH.
williams012 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: