Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-05-2010, 04:38 PM   #16
ashbelly
NBA sixth man of the year

ashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Shannon Brown resigns with LA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
haha, finally someone who's seeing it from my view.

first, Pau was just average before he was a Laker. then all of a sudden he's the best big in the NBA

then Artest was a maniac b4 he wore Purple n Gold

now the same with Shannon Brown

congrats to them though. they just re-signed a very good bball player

+1

You forgot Matt Barnes.
ashbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:42 PM   #17
Pinkhearts
Local High School Star

Pinkhearts is considered somewhat coolPinkhearts is considered somewhat coolPinkhearts is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
LOL at all the Laker fans saying "He sucks anyway" and "Good riddance" when he was about to sign with the Knicks.

Now? "Uh.....good signing by us.....I always liked that guy".........

Why can't both statements be true? He really isn't that good. Losing him is no big deal as he is easily replaceable.

He also can be a good signing for his cheap price and already familiar with his team and system. And Laker fans can like the guy for his hustle and hops.

Both statements don't contradict you know. Oh no I think I dropped my pen...oh well I don't want to go all the way back to school to look for it and it's no big deal as I can always get a new pen. Oh wait I found it in my drawer...well that's good now I don't have to go to the stationery store and I've always liked this pen anyway.
Pinkhearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:48 PM   #18
RondoClipsFan
Can barely lace up my sneakers

RondoClipsFan has an OK reputation so far

A bit confused. How did the Lakers have the cap space to sign him?
RondoClipsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:52 PM   #19
Pinkhearts
Local High School Star

Pinkhearts is considered somewhat coolPinkhearts is considered somewhat coolPinkhearts is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
haha, finally someone who's seeing it from my view.

first, Pau was just average before he was a Laker. then all of a sudden he's the best big in the NBA

then Artest was a maniac b4 he wore Purple n Gold

now the same with Shannon Brown

+1

I am very sure that everyone saw Pau as an all star big before he was traded to the Lakers. In fact many teams were hoping to trade for him and Laker fans didn't even dream of getting him and some fan was hoping to get J O'Neal at best. It's not like people say Pau sucks and now claim he's the best ever.

Same for Artest. There are many Laker fans who were clamouring for Artest before he went to Houston. I remember trade proposals of Odom for Artest or Marion to fill their SF weakness. After Houston traded for him people were disappointed, and then elated when the Lakers finally got him. He's still a headcase but obviously he can keep it in check.

You make it seem like it's a black to white transformation in perception when obviously it is not.
Pinkhearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:11 PM   #20
ZenMaster
Whap'em

ZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
LOL at all the Laker fans saying "He sucks anyway" and "Good riddance" when he was about to sign with the Knicks.

Now? "Uh.....good signing by us.....I always liked that guy".........

I never said that.
ZenMaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:11 PM   #21
caliman
Serious playground baller

caliman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by RondoClipsFan
A bit confused. How did the Lakers have the cap space to sign him?

You can go over the cap to sign your own free agents.
caliman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:12 PM   #22
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster
I never said that.
me either....
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:14 PM   #23
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongePR(kb24)
what are you talking about? Walton has a high basketball I.Q. and he is a great passer !......
remember when people were actually saying that Luke Walton is the key to that Lakers team?
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:24 PM   #24
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I have to agree with everyone talking about how certain Laker fans act bipolar at times. Shannon is exactly what we need on our bench and he is coming at a great price. This is a good sign and I'm glad to have him back.

Great off season for the Lakeshow. Now only if we can dump Sasha's salary.

crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:26 PM   #25
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

From the "Shannon Brown to Knicks thread." Enjoy:

Let's see all the negative/apathetic comments about Brown in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatDeraj
Good more minutes for the Machine and Barnes.

Brown is a decent talent and is obviously very athletic but has terrible basketball IQ and will take the worst shots.

He's nice for the high flying dunks though

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallsOut
Take him. He fits the Knicks player profile. Good scorer but can't play a lick of d and has terrible basketball IQ. But at least he ain't Jared Jeffries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryToBeUnbias
I really dont care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
Yeah, I think that's how most of us feel. I'm just happy we managed to sign Blake, Barnes, and Ratliff for nothing.

While I would like Brown's athleticism on the team, I don't trust him to be the primary two guard off the bench. He's got all the skills to be a solid NBA player, but he has yet to show any type of basketball IQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryToBeUnbias
Myth. Sasha's also the better passer, defender (browns defense is HORRIBLY overrated), and has a high bball IQ (something thats non-existent with brown). Id have far more confidence in Sasha backing up Kobe. Lakers need a shooter to unclog the paint for our bigs, Sasha in a contract year can fill that role.

Only thing brown has over Sasha are his same ole recycled dunks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 824
Would much rather have Vujacic than Brown, the machines confidence just got shattered and he turned to shit, but Brown is just too stupid I can't handle that type of player no matter how high he can jump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
Brown is athletic, has the potential to be very good, and when he's playing the right way he's a perfect fit in LA.

Unfortunately, Brown did not play the right way last year, has next to no basketball IQ, plays no defense whatsoever, and wants more money than the Lakers can offer.

Blah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doranku
I'll take Sasha any day over Brown. If you asked me the same question halfway through the season, I'd have taken Brown, but the dude has turned into a more athletic Jordan Farmar. His athleticism is nice, but what good is it when he never USES it aside for the highlight dunk here and there?
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:28 PM   #26
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputation

Now we have a solid 9 man rotation... which should help keep the starters fresh and healthy for playoff time. This will also equate to more wins as the bench will not give up leads like they did last year.

Lakers did everything and more that I wanted them to do this offseason
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:30 PM   #27
BallsOut
NBA lottery pick

BallsOut has not been impressing people

Quote:
From the "Shannon Brown to Knicks thread." Enjoy:

Let's see all the negative/apathetic comments about Brown in this thread.

Except none of the people you listed are ecstatic about him resigning and/or aren't the same people who are saying good signing in this thread. GG
BallsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:31 PM   #28
ashbelly
NBA sixth man of the year

ashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916
Now we have a solid 9 man rotation... which should help keep the starters fresh and healthy for playoff time. This will also equate to more wins as the bench will not give up leads like they did last year.

Lakers did everything and more that I wanted them to do this offseason

you Live in sacramento and support the lakers ?
ashbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:35 PM   #29
TheGreatDeraj
Near-Life Experience

TheGreatDeraj has decent reputationTheGreatDeraj has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongePR(kb24)
what are you talking about? Walton has a high basketball I.Q. and he is a great passer !......

Much like his father Walton has been set back by injury after injury. He is a great passer and does have high basketball IQ. In his last somewhat healthy season(06-07) he was averaging 11/5/4 and shooting 39% from 3.

Gibson and Bagelred are delirious Lebron broke your little hearts and now all you can do is troll. What Laker fans flopped like you said? Every Laker fan knows Brown is average at best... I'd still rather have Vujacic, Barnes and Ebanks getting minutes over brown.

Last edited by TheGreatDeraj : 08-05-2010 at 05:39 PM.
TheGreatDeraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:35 PM   #30
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallsOut
Except none of the people you listed are ecstatic about him resigning and/or aren't the same people who are saying good signing in this thread. GG
apparently those small details like actually quoting the correct people doesn't matter any longer... just find some random quotes to make your point and begin cutting and pasting
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: