Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-05-2010, 10:06 PM   #16
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: NFL - Teach a noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
A guy I really liked last year once he got to play was Jerome Harrison. He's got that #1 spot on like I'm sure? Not sure what's in line for him as a runner but I like his pass catching ability out of the backfield. He's got a good ability to get to the outside as a runner. Multi-dimensional is never a bad thing.
Harrison looked terrific at the end of the year last season. He showed speed to get to the perimeter, but I was especially impressed with his ability to run between the tackles.

Running back is actually a spot that we are pretty stacked in. Rookie Montario Hardesty is a guy that the coaches have been VERY high on. He tweaked his knee during training camp and will be out for a couple of weeks (precautionary), but some have speculated that he and Harrison are going to make up our one-two punch at RB.

Then, throw in James Davis -- a guy we drafted out of Clemson in '09 -- who looked excellent in the preseason and the first few games before suffering a season-ending injury in around the third game, Peyton Hillis, who we got from Denver in the Brady Quinn trade, and Cribbs who plays RB much of the time...

Lots of weapons and a very good left-side of the line with Joe Thomas, Steinbach, and Alex Mack at center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
I would've liked to go out there for a day or 2, just haven't had time to take that drive because I've been busy. So I've had to stick with reading online and video. I'd probably have a heart attack if I was out there watching live though...DeSean, Maclin, Bradley, and Asante have all been "carted off" this year along with about 5 non-regulars.

Yeah, man... That is the one scary part about training camp. It is a lot of fun to get that close to the players and to really see a practice up-close and personal, but I basically hold my breath the whole time... Many times, the worst injuries for your team come in training camp when guys aren't really in shape yet and are trying to get back into rhythm.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 02:16 AM   #17
takeittothehoop
ISH Lurker

takeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation heretakeittothehoop has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-
they are small market...

right?

Lakers own their market...I assumed...

I don't see many Clipper fans running around here...
The Clippers are in a big market, they just own a small percentage of the big market that they are in. If that makes sense..

And to ukballer..American Football ain't hard to pick up for a foreigner. Just try to watch full games and the rules & stratergies become much clearer. That's what I did and I like to think I could have an educated discussion with an American NFL fan nowdays.

Last edited by takeittothehoop : 08-06-2010 at 02:19 AM.
takeittothehoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 02:21 AM   #18
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

DirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

here's some fun facts about championships and teams

The 49ers have 5

The Cowboys have 5

very respectable numbers

but both are sitting in second place (<--for their fans)

you might be asking at this point, "If they're tied in second place, who is in first?".

That is an excellent question, the answer:

remember though... no one likes the Patriots.. (I'm serious)

Just having some fun with it, don't get mad at me
DirtBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:00 AM   #19
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Raj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Andre Johnson is the best receiver in the league.
Raj Da Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:08 AM   #20
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeittothehoop
The Clippers are in a big market, they just own a small percentage of the big market that they are in. If that makes sense..

And to ukballer..American Football ain't hard to pick up for a foreigner. Just try to watch full games and the rules & stratergies become much clearer. That's what I did and I like to think I could have an educated discussion with an American NFL fan nowdays.

Thanks man, and thanks everyone else for all the help!

Not going to hop on any bandwagons yet, and you'll probably all laugh, but I remember watching an NFL game when I was about 5 years old, and one of the teams was the Oakland Raiders, so I kinda have a soft spot for them. Even though I have no idea who any of their players are. I guess Madden will help me a little bit when it comes next week haha.

I quite like the Bengals too. Not basing it on anything other than Chad Ochochinco makes me laugh.

I clearly have much still to learn, but thanks again everyone. Hope I'll be able to start contributing here some more sometime.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 06:19 AM   #21
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

the Clippers are small market...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 08:47 AM   #22
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj Da Dodge
Andre Johnson is the best receiver in the league.

About the only thing in the NFL that isn't debateable.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 10:30 AM   #23
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Larry Fitzgerald is the best WR.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 10:33 AM   #24
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Nah you don't believe that.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 11:43 AM   #25
Lebron Bryant
Go Patriots!

Lebron Bryant has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtBag
here's some fun facts about championships and teams

The 49ers have 5

The Cowboys have 5

very respectable numbers

but both are sitting in second place (<--for their fans)

you might be asking at this point, "If they're tied in second place, who is in first?".

That is an excellent question, the answer:

remember though... no one likes the Jets.. (I'm serious)

Just having some fun with it, don't get mad at me
FYP
Lebron Bryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:22 PM   #26
Snoop_Cat
Banned

Snoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
About the only thing in the NFL that isn't debateable.

Peyton Manning is the best QB in the league.

JaMarcus Russell is(was) the worst.

Also, if your city/state has multiple teams.. you MUST choose A team.

i.e. Giants, not Jets
Snoop_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:05 PM   #27
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

DirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron Bryant
FYP
DirtBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:08 PM   #28
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoop_Cat

i.e. Giants, not Jets

Fortunately I don't have a city/state being from England.

So I guess I have free choice! Though like I said, got a soft spot for the Raiders.

Yeah, I read up on Russell. Wow, just..wow.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:58 PM   #29
Lebron Bryant
Go Patriots!

Lebron Bryant has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoop_Cat

i.e. Giants, not Jets

He from the UK so he can pick any team he wants.
Lebron Bryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:04 PM   #30
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukballer
Thanks man, and thanks everyone else for all the help!

Not going to hop on any bandwagons yet, and you'll probably all laugh, but I remember watching an NFL game when I was about 5 years old, and one of the teams was the Oakland Raiders, so I kinda have a soft spot for them. Even though I have no idea who any of their players are. I guess Madden will help me a little bit when it comes next week haha.

WELCOME TO THE NATION BROTHER!!

1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: