Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-06-2010, 04:14 PM   #31
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: NFL - Teach a noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron Bryant
He from the UK so he can pick any team he wants.

I had the same option for the NBA. Still wonder why I chose the Bobcats sometimes.

Well I do really, I often root for the underdog teams. Oakland is different though. I just happened to like them from a young age!
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 05:43 PM   #32
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukballer
I had the same option for the NBA. Still wonder why I chose the Bobcats sometimes.

Well I do really, I often root for the underdog teams. Oakland is different though. I just happened to like them from a young age!
Save yourself the trauma, man. Oakland is in complete disarray. You can turn things around very quickly in the NFL unlike the NBA, but Oakland has had horrible draft after horrible draft and seem to be under a new coach and new system every season.

At this point, I think you would be better off with any other team in the league. The Raiders have a proud history, but those days seem far in the rearview mirror.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 05:52 PM   #33
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

I watch football, though not with keen eye that most posters in this forum do. What I'm always curious about is how to people judge players that aren't regularly shown on the TV screen, like cornerbacks and safeties. They're really only shown from snap to tackle when someone gets a reception. Are those reputations based on statistics? I've also found it very hard to judge O-lineman, what am I supposed to be looking for in terms of what makes a skilled offensive lineman? Of course not allowing a sack is a big thing, but I'm speaking more on technique and the like.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 11:09 PM   #34
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Save yourself the trauma, man. Oakland is in complete disarray. You can turn things around very quickly in the NFL unlike the NBA, but Oakland has had horrible draft after horrible draft and seem to be under a new coach and new system every season.

At this point, I think you would be better off with any other team in the league. The Raiders have a proud history, but those days seem far in the rearview mirror.

alright put the hateraide down, turn on a tv and learn about the 2010 oakland raiders please. new qb, new oc, rebuilt defense, solid draft, no locker room bs, no holdouts, all rookies signed, things are turning around in oakland. guess people don't want to admit it i cant wait to see the raiders takin numbers again in the NFL shittin on all these weak ass teams. al davis is gettin another ring before he dies god damnit!
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 01:57 AM   #35
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak
alright put the hateraide down, turn on a tv and learn about the 2010 oakland raiders please. new qb, new oc, rebuilt defense, solid draft, no locker room bs, no holdouts, all rookies signed, things are turning around in oakland. guess people don't want to admit it i cant wait to see the raiders takin numbers again in the NFL shittin on all these weak ass teams. al davis is gettin another ring before he dies god damnit!
I don't hate the Raiders. Charles Woodson is one of my favorite players of all-time and when he had the Raiders' corner position on lock several years ago, I actually pulled for Oakland.

I'm just calling it like I see it. We'll see how this new regime pans out. I wouldn't pin my hopes on Jason Campbell, though. He certainly didn't light things up during his tenure in Washington. He is a serviceable NFL QB, but not the kind of guy that is going to turn things around, imo.

Tom Cable? Also don't have a ton of faith in him. I don't know a whole lot about Hue Jackson, so I'll reserve judgment on him.

The solid draft remains to be seen, as does the locker room stuff. It is a little too early to make any definitive statements about either of those things.

When it comes down to it, I just don't think Al Davis is capable of running a top tier NFL franchise any longer. He is way too involved in day-to-day activities and franchise altering moves.

I think Oakland needs an established, real-deal GM who controls player movement and keeps the organization in line. Right now, they just don't have that and it is because Al refuses to admit that the time has come to pass the reigns to someone else.

I mean... Taking Darrius Heyward-Bey No. 7 overall and then giving him $24 million in guaranteed money over five years... Ugh.

That was just flat-out incompetent. Their 2009 draft was one of the worst in recent memory.

Again, nothing against the Raiders, but they have made A LOT of bad moves recently that have put the franchise behind the 8-ball.

I speak as a Cleveland fan, brother, so don't take it the wrong way. I know a struggling franchise when I see one. Mike Holmgren, I feel, has put us on the right track. That is the kind of guy that Oakland could use to run things and steer the ship.

JMHO
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:07 AM   #36
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
I watch football, though not with keen eye that most posters in this forum do. What I'm always curious about is how to people judge players that aren't regularly shown on the TV screen, like cornerbacks and safeties. They're really only shown from snap to tackle when someone gets a reception. Are those reputations based on statistics? I've also found it very hard to judge O-lineman, what am I supposed to be looking for in terms of what makes a skilled offensive lineman? Of course not allowing a sack is a big thing, but I'm speaking more on technique and the like.

Yeah reputation definately plays a part in CB position. Its one of the toughest positions to evaluate. Its not hard to break down a Safety. The OL is another position to rank/judge and that too can be based off rep and taking what others who actually do study the position word for it.

Schemes also play a factor in OL and CBs as well. You have to understand what teams run to give you a better sense of what thier jobs are. You may fault a player when really it wasnt thier fault. Some CBs excel well in zone coverages whereas you put them on an island by themselves? They would struggle. Like if you asked me to rank the top 15 CBs in the NFL? I couldnt do it as easy as other positions. Who are the top 5 Left Guards in football? I could give you a better CB ranking list than this one.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: