Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 08-05-2010, 06:33 PM   #1
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Which one of us Bulls fans here has...

actually played organized basketball sometime in their life?

I've been curious of this for a while.

I want to see if having played basketball in the past relates to someone being a good poster on here or not.

Be honest too. Don't need to be putting out personal information such as team name or location just the level of basketball.

Examples: Grade school, high school, college, none, etc...
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 07:24 PM   #2
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

poido123 has decent reputationpoido123 has decent reputation
Default Re: Which one of us Bulls fans here has...

Well I still play organised basketball in Australia, mind you a low level of basketball in a mens comp...have been playing for 8 seasons now, pretty much havent stopped playing since i left high school, been supporting the bulls for just over 20 years now
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 07:41 PM   #3
Abe Frohman
I am the Sausage King

Abe Frohman has decent reputationAbe Frohman has decent reputation

Ive never played organized basketball but my high school's team was ranked #1 in the nation my junior year. Games were such blowouts they were over by the first half. Ahhhh memories.

We had a player on the Mcdonalds all america squad that year, David Vaughn (played college ball with Penny at Memphis and his Uncle Larry Finch was the Coach) That 1991 Mickey D's team had 2 of Michigans Fab 5 on the squad along with Glenn Robinson Donyell Marshall and Cherokee Parks whom some years later in 2005 I had to kick out of my nightclub in Vegas for pissing on some female patrons.

I played schoolyard ball with Ron Mercer before he left to go play for Oak Hill when he was briefly at Goodpasture Christian School in Madison TN.

Longtime Basketball fan tho, Im just too short to play...
Abe Frohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 07:53 PM   #4
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Played college for 2 years then dropped out for financial reasons and got married at 19. Played PG.
97 bulls is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:32 PM   #5
jphoc13
Can barely lace up my sneakers

jphoc13 has an OK reputation so far

Tried out for high school and didn't make it because I went through a huge growth spurt and lost my coordination for a year. But I could have easily started if I had kept trying out. I unfortunately discovered pot and beer.
jphoc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:33 PM   #6
jphoc13
Can barely lace up my sneakers

jphoc13 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphoc13
Tried out for high school and didn't make it because I went through a huge growth spurt and lost my coordination for a year. But I could have easily started if I had kept trying out. I unfortunately discovered pot and beer.
Oh I played with the guys from Schaumburg high school that beat Eddie Curry.
jphoc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:20 PM   #7
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

HS ball, and before deployment, I was on the Army team(not to be confused with the college).
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:39 AM   #8
MaCC2MuCh
dont blink or i get by

MaCC2MuCh has decent reputation

I played junior varsity ....my stregnth was only shooting but it was fun just playing....cant dribble worth a damn but b ball iz my life and im always up reading news n posts.....go bullz!
MaCC2MuCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 10:59 AM   #9
step_back
You see this knife?

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I played some national ball over here in the U.K but that really isn't anything special as England literally only has about 10 thousand players and the competition is no way near as good, your high school players could play pro over here. Even our national games draw in a few thousand viewers.

I was a combo guard, I'm short only 5'8/5'9 although I'm quite athletic, fast on my feet good jumping ability and weigh in around 175lbs.

I really wish I could have lived in america I love the game of basketball and really wish more people over here would realise just how special this game is.

I have been a bulls fan for 15 years now.
step_back is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 11:34 AM   #10
eeeeeebro
Decent college freshman

eeeeeebro has decent reputationeeeeeebro has decent reputation

I feel like I could compete right now on a team my jumpshot does not miss. The bigger my head gets the more deadly I am. I bet I shoot 85% unguarded. When playing on emotion I like take it to the best defender out on the court. Mind you I weigh 220 so I can be a hard to stop driver. Dribbles ect Watching people like Paul rose play makes a person better at handles
eeeeeebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 11:47 AM   #11
step_back
You see this knife?

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeeeeebro
I feel like I could compete right now on a team my jumpshot does not miss. The bigger my head gets the more deadly I am. I bet I shoot 85% unguarded. When playing on emotion I like take it to the best defender out on the court. Mind you I weigh 220 so I can be a hard to stop driver. Dribbles ect Watching people like Paul rose play makes a person better at handles

If you play the way you say you do why are you not involved in competitive ball?

P.S I'm not having a dig or anything I genuinely am interested.
step_back is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:02 PM   #12
eeeeeebro
Decent college freshman

I plan. To find a team this year
Old 08-06-2010, 03:08 PM   #13
eeeeeebro
Decent college freshman

One tip is. The secret to a good shot is rythem and confidence I tell my self that destiny puts the ball in the rim every time. Kind of like not giving myself credit but giving credit to gods will. This is what works for me when shooting. A good jumpshot forces defenses to adjust and good iq forces defenses to break down.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:16 PM   #14
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected poster

I played starting in 4th grade.

Later on I got to play at a camp where Jay Williams was and I got to play against him.

Played all 4 years in High School where I played against players like Andrew Bynum and Derrick Caracter as well as a couple of guys who went on to D1 schools.

After High School I played 2 years at a Community College and trained for two summers with a Europen team but didn't want to make the move.

Now I just play in a league on Thursday nights and get my pickup games in at the local YMCA and local courts.

Combo guard.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:44 PM   #15
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
actually played organized basketball sometime in their life?

I've been curious of this for a while.

I want to see if having played basketball in the past relates to someone being a good poster on here or not.

Be honest too. Don't need to be putting out personal information such as team name or location just the level of basketball.

Examples: Grade school, high school, college, none, etc...

Its a bad combination for me for not being tall and atheltic and this hampered my chances of playing competetive basketball. But from my native country, i saw the chance of having an important part of any basketball team and that is to be THE COACH. As early as 5th grade, when my home room class would play against other classes, I started "organizing", setting substitution patterns etc.
I took a backseat in HS, just specatating and focussing on my studies but when I was in college, we had inter fraternity basketball, I had to step in bec our "coach" didn't know what he was doing. We didn't win the whole thing but I was determined to help the team by studying strategies, from timely timeouts, changing our 2-3 zone to 1-3-1 when the other team was getting their way, to forming stack formations during inbound plays.
It didn't take long before I was tapped to coach the whole Veterinary Medicine course vs other top courses like Engineering etc during the intramurals where we placed 2nd a couple of times. I then started coaching my local church and neighborhood local teams before I migrated here in the US.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: