Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 08-06-2010, 03:59 PM   #1
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people
Default harrington

How do you feel about signing al harrington?
----
I really love the idea of playing an outside shooter with carmelo and nene up front- opening up space for carmelo and nene will make a huge impact
-----
I would have loved for a taller younger version (bargnani, hawes, or even villenueva) but a shooter in the front court was my #1 hope(followed closely by a center sized player and a defensive pg)
_____
I worry about the length of the deal and his milage, but overall I'm just thrilled for 1 that the nugs spent to improve and 2 that the frontcourt has a shooter
-----
I would have tried to split the mle on randy foye and fesenko
------
Kmart for beidrins + radmonovic and this team has the best shot at a championship in franchise history- kmart + lawson + picks for bargnani + calderon and a dynasty is started
----
Anyone think the nugs should trade for jason smith (sorry I'm all excited today)
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 02:28 AM   #2
Bandito
Banned

Bandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: harrington

Radmanovic? No...just no. He sucks too hard.
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:42 PM   #3
MeLO MvP 15
Knicks 2013 Champions

MeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation here

That bargnani trade would make us the worst defensive team in NBA history

I personally like bargz as a player, I just don't think b good with this current team unless he Rly boosts his D
MeLO MvP 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:03 AM   #4
kurple
Very good NBA starter

kurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this board

Al Harrington can not start alongside Melo unless Dwight is the starting C, and that will NEVER happen.

Who will grab the defensive rebounds of Melo, Al and Nene?

Okafor & Posey > Beans and Vlad

I would rather keep K than trade him for Beans
kurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:28 PM   #5
el gringos
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
That bargnani trade would make us the worst defensive team in NBA history

I personally like bargz as a player, I just don't think b good with this current team unless he Rly boosts his D
------
I don't think the letdown in defense would be as bad as you think just due to bargnani's size and that nene would be able to cover the dirks or whichever teams pf or c is best
-------
Billups
Jr smith
Carmelo
Nene
Bargnani
Would be the best offensive team of all time- nobody could cover that and the points and shots would come so easy and quick that it would be hard to stay with
----
The only thing that would happen w a bargnani type is carmelo + nene would become even more dangerous
-----
Nene at pf would make the team better defensively- and hed be the only pf that could give gasol problems
Old 08-12-2010, 08:19 AM   #6
kurple
Very good NBA starter

kurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this board

we would be outrebounded like no team has ever been outrebounded before.

And Toronto would NEVER do this. But even I would do it if they accepted
Old 08-13-2010, 03:46 AM   #7
el gringos
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurple
Al Harrington can not start alongside Melo unless Dwight is the starting C, and that will NEVER happen.

Who will grab the defensive rebounds of Melo, Al and Nene?

Okafor & Posey > Beans and Vlad

I would rather keep K than trade him for Beans
--
-not ideal, but they have to start him- that's why I wanted a big c/pf shooter, they have to put a capable offensive player with carmelo and nene- its too hard on them
---
Can you guys really not see how damaging kmart is to team offense? And his D is very overrated (which I hope is good for trade value) but really he isn't that great on D- he can't handle any bigtime 4s or 5s in the post and is just really a good help defender jumping out and switching on different players- not a great position player or rebounder(even though is seemed he had a really strong stretch last season focusing on rebounding- I see a low iq small defender that gets the team in a scramble more often than his quick hands and feet make worth it
------
Kmarts role is a luxery and shouldn't take up 1/4 of the cap- that capspace needs to go somewhere else- nene is 5 times as good a pf as kmart and can match up against anyone including gasol or dirk
------
Beidrins is so much of a better fit here than okafor- I just can't see where you're coming from at all, and radmonovic at his size and ability to be at the four is better than posey as well- they both are eqauls on helping the offense but beidrins so much better for the D because nene isn't the biggest anymore- okafor is a lot smaller than you think and can't handle gasol or bynum- nene/gasol- beidrins/bynum looks way better for nugs than okafor would
-----
These fans are trying to say nugs could get monta ellis + beidrins + radmonovic for jr smith + kmart + birdman- if karl won't honestly use jr smith getting another bigtime talent in exchange and a 7 footer would be worth it (even from an anti trade jr fan)- if karl won't use jr give monta a shot and see if chauncey rubs off on him
-----
Until you are laying on the floor waiting for a 2 year old to fall asleep you'll never know how fun writing a long post is
Old 08-13-2010, 01:50 PM   #8
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool

I think Andersen,Balkman,2012 first would get you Biedrins.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 06:34 PM   #9
kurple
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus
I think Andersen,Balkman,2012 first would get you Biedrins.
That would be the greatest thing ever
Old 08-13-2010, 06:40 PM   #10
el gringos
Good college starter

But that doesn't even come close to working moneywise right? Or do 1st round picks count as salary in a trade like that?
Old 08-16-2010, 05:43 PM   #11
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If Melo bolts it's going to be ugly with Harrington\Birdman's contract. I think Harrington is a nice pickup talent wise and with K-Mart probably not being able to go a few months into the season he'll fill in nicely. Would rather had a defensive\rebounding big with some size tho.

I still don't know how the bench is going to play out tho. Harrington + J.R? There going to win us some games alone and lose us some games. It'll be a chuck fest.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 12:51 PM   #12
kurple
Very good NBA starter

I'm actually confident they will be able to play very well together..

I have always thought that JR has played better with Melo on the floor cuz he didn't have to force it (I still don't want him to start)..

Now you have a more mature Ty (remember he was a rookie, and I think he didn't want to try to do to much) and Al Harrington to take off some of the scoring load in the 2nd unit off JR's shoulders.

And Al seems very motivated to play the role the choaches want him to.. I remember reading a great interview in the Denver Post..

And do you think Billups, Melo, KMart, Ty and GK will let them both shoot as much as they did last year?

JR can be DNP'd if he continues chucking, cuz we have Al & Ty now.

And JR playing in summer league was a good sign IMO. Shows he's willing to work on his game
Old 08-20-2010, 05:25 PM   #13
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

True. If Harrington can go back to his Indy days with the good defense than I think it'll be good. Hard to judge a player based on his year last year because the situation he was in. Just saying two guys who LOVE to score buckets on the second unit isn't the best thing when were in need of rebounding\size\defense.

Good point about Ty. I really think he'll strive with this. Harrington\J.R will feed of his penetration and if Lawson's shot improved even more it will keep the defense playing him honest and with his speed I think you'll see quite a few guys get burnt.

I think Harrington will start for a while tho. Kenyon's out for a while is he not? If Harrington works out in the starting lineup who know's if Kenyon even regains his starting spot
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 09:15 PM   #14
MeLO MvP 15
Knicks 2013 Champions

MeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
True. If Harrington can go back to his Indy days with the good defense than I think it'll be good. Hard to judge a player based on his year last year because the situation he was in. Just saying two guys who LOVE to score buckets on the second unit isn't the best thing when were in need of rebounding\size\defense.

Good point about Ty. I really think he'll strive with this. Harrington\J.R will feed of his penetration and if Lawson's shot improved even more it will keep the defense playing him honest and with his speed I think you'll see quite a few guys get burnt.

I think Harrington will start for a while tho. Kenyon's out for a while is he not? If Harrington works out in the starting lineup who know's if Kenyon even regains his starting spot
I think Ty is gonna average a lot more assists this year... even though he has the ability, I don't think he's gonna average more than 11-12 ppg b/c the team doesn't need another scorer, he really has great vision and his speed will help others (like Al, JR, Nene and Bird) get easy transition buckets... The best asset Lawson will bring off the bench might be his ability to get to the line and knock down free throws (I think he led rooks in FT % before the injury, but it might've been 3 pt FG%) and pushing the pace.... Didn't mean to make this thread about Ty btw...
MeLO MvP 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 05:52 AM   #15
el gringos
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurple
I have always thought that JR has played better with Melo on the floor cuz he didn't have to force it
--
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: