Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 08-06-2010, 06:32 PM   #1
Abe Frohman
I am the Sausage King

Default Bulls sign Bogans..

Thoughts?

Update: Signing actually became official August 11: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=6402

Last edited by insidehoops : 08-12-2010 at 03:18 AM.
Abe Frohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 06:54 PM   #2
Rose
Roses Malone

Default Re: Bulls sign Bogans..

LAME. I hate Bogans.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 06:58 PM   #3
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Well damn I knew he was a candidate but I thought out of the guys listed the Bulls had him at the bottom of the wish list.

Thought we would really try to trade for Fernandez, but maybe Portland was still insisting on asking for way too much.

Maybe they just didn't want to take the risk on McGrady.

Mason looks like he's heading to the Knicks.

With that being said he's not a bad ball player. Decent 3-point shooter and can get down and defend. Thibs wanted another shooter but also wanted that shooter to be able to defend and that's what he got. Good size standing at 6'5 and weighing in at 215. Pretty athletic too. Not much of a ball handler or passer though. Decent pickup. He'll fit in nicely and will provide good minutes at the backup SG spot.

40% shooter from the field, 35% from 3, and 72% from the free throw line for his career just as some simple stats real quick for us all to analyze. Has averaged about 7 points per game in 22 minutes of action for his career.

Our 2nd unit is solid and should have the egde over alot of units all over the league. See them getting us back into some games and also sustaining leads the starters give us.

Watson
Bogans
Korver
Gibson
Thomas
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 06:58 PM   #4
dak121
College superstar

He has basically sucked since leaving Kentucky.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:10 PM   #5
bullz_rule21
Decent playground baller

I'm fine with the signing, its basically a one year deal the second year is not fully guaranteed. Bogan's can come in and give us 10-15 minutes a night and he played well for Orlando and San Antonio when he started, hes a low risk investment.

T-mac I don't think would of panned out because if he didn't get his playing time then he could be a disturbance in the locker room like he was towards his later years in both Orlando and Houston.

Those rumors or tweets of the Bulls getting Rudy I never believed, the guy who reported it has never really been too accurate.

He's not gonna wow you but he can fit in and be a decent role player for this team.
bullz_rule21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 10:40 PM   #6
redbull
I brick open layups

I like it, he fills the role we are looking for - defense and 3's.

Rotation looks more than complete now.
redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 12:33 AM   #7
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

I'm not wowed by the signing, but if Rudy were to land here I'm not so sure he'd be satisfied with the minutes he'd be getting anyway. At least the Bulls add another pretty good defender who can also knock down the three.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 12:59 AM   #8
SinJackal
Banned

Think of him like a crappy version of Bruce Bowen. Nowhere near the D', but better D' than most when he's on the floor. Can hits 3s (but also not quite as good as Bowen) which helps spread the floor.

He isn't that athletic, but he's pretty smart so you don't see him out of position very often, and he's good at denying players the ball so he doesn't actually have to risk getting beat on man defense too often. After all, it's better to have a star player like Kobe or LeBron only actually have the ball 30 or so times in a game (just using random numbers here) with an above average defender on him than 50 times in a game with a good one. Those guys are gonna score anyway. Bogans tries to limit the chances of a score, which is the smart way to play his position.

So really, he's there for defense and to eat minutes + isn't a liability on offense when he's in there so long as someone who can see him open passes him the ball out on the arc. Not a bad signing at all, just isn't an eye popping one. I'm sure everyone will like Bogans if they pay attention to how hard he works on D'.
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:54 AM   #9
Glide2keva
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinJackal
Think of him like a crappy version of Bruce Bowen. Nowhere near the D', but better D' than most when he's on the floor. Can hits 3s (but also not quite as good as Bowen) which helps spread the floor.

He isn't that athletic, but he's pretty smart so you don't see him out of position very often, and he's good at denying players the ball so he doesn't actually have to risk getting beat on man defense too often. After all, it's better to have a star player like Kobe or LeBron only actually have the ball 30 or so times in a game (just using random numbers here) with an above average defender on him than 50 times in a game with a good one. Those guys are gonna score anyway. Bogans tries to limit the chances of a score, which is the smart way to play his position.

So really, he's there for defense and to eat minutes + isn't a liability on offense when he's in there so long as someone who can see him open passes him the ball out on the arc. Not a bad signing at all, just isn't an eye popping one. I'm sure everyone will like Bogans if they pay attention to how hard he works on D'.
This
Glide2keva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 10:50 AM   #10
KelticForce1349
Chicago Bulls fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinJackal

Fantastic post. Thanks for all the good info.
KelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 05:24 PM   #11
97 bulls
3-time NBA All-Star

I like the signing. Good physical guard with 3 point range. Id like to see him start. He's the most versitle out of All the 3 newly signed swing men. Then if you start him give korver and brewer minutes according to who they're playin that night.
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:31 PM   #12
tamaraw08
National High School Star

I can't say Im happy nor im disappointed with the signing.
35% from the 3pt area is not at all bad and his defense is pretty good but there are legit reasons why 29 other teams chose to pass on him esp 5 weeks after the first day of Free agent signing.
I will reserve my judgement after the first 15 games or so.
Reddick would have been a great acquisition. They didn't get him but it forced Orlando to raise to the maximum of what they want to spend.
As a payback, Orlando made chicago wait and at the same time snagged Q Richardson, my 2nd choice as Bull's starting SG.
Raja Bell was my 3rd choice but somebody here who is well respected brought up his concerns with his age, plus there was a rumor that Chicago indeed tried to sign him but he chose the Jazz.
Mason "was" such a lethal shooter but somebody from the Laker board revealed that Roger just had a hand surgery, this could be a legit reason why 30 teams have chose to stay away from him.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 03:38 AM   #13
HanSolo
Can barely lace up my sneakers

wtf? they started to spend money without thinking?
HanSolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:02 PM   #14
Rose
Roses Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanSolo
wtf? they started to spend money without thinking?
I love your username!
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 03:18 AM   #15
insidehoops
Administrator

Signing became official yesterday, finally
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: