Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2010, 10:43 PM   #16
step_back
You see this knife?
 
step_back's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: London
Posts: 4,435
step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: who left?

kurt thomas averaged 7 rebounds in limited minutes, Joe smith 4 rebounds approx and Kwame with barely 3.Doesn't matter if your 6'9 or 7 ft rebounds matter.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:04 AM   #17
SinJackal
Banned
 
SinJackal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 6,867
SinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: who left?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull4Life
We have 12 players!?

G : Rose, Brewer, Bogans, Watson
SF : Deng, Korver, Johnson
PF : Boozer, Gibson, Thomas
C : Noah, Asik

we could get K.Brown,if not- we could just add Lucas,Almond and Samuels from Summer League Roster..

Thomas also plays C pretty well despite his size.

We basically have 2 players at every position, and a couple players who play multiple. I don't think the Bulls can upgrade any more.
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:26 AM   #18
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star
 
97 bulls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,490
97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: who left?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
Kwame Brown can really help us ALOT. And this far into the offseason without having a deal yet the vet minimum or a little more might get it done. We're really going to struggle against the bigger guys in the league: Dwight Howard, Bynum, Shaq, Yao, just to name a few. Noah has gotten stronger but he still has a hard time keeping these guys out of the paint. Kurt Thomas is just too little and Asik seems weak as of right now and he's still an unknown. Kwame is a strong guy who could provide us valuable minutes, rebounds, defense, and fouls against the legitimate C's around the league. You always need one of these guys especially to get through good teams with good centers. Kwame right now is better than Kurt Thomas and Asik. He would be our backup C. Asik will get minutes if he deserves them and earns them, but if not we need an insurance policy (Kwame) that we know exactly what were going to get if Asik doesn't deliver.
I'm with this. We only have 1 legit 7 footer on the squad. I think we need three. Especially for the lakers and celtics. I see kwame making a difference if we sign him to an incentive laden contract.
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 04:59 AM   #19
Bull4Life
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 13
Bull4Life has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: who left?

Quote:
Originally Posted by step_back
kurt thomas averaged 7 rebounds in limited minutes, Joe smith 4 rebounds approx and Kwame with barely 3.Doesn't matter if your 6'9 or 7 ft rebounds matter.

Exactly,just remember Dennis the Menace :) and Barkley...
Bull4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:12 PM   #20
step_back
You see this knife?
 
step_back's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: London
Posts: 4,435
step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: who left?

If we simply just want a big body we can sign DJ Mbenga, the guy would play for half a mill a year. I would also like to see the bulls make an offer to pops mensah bonsu. He was great for toronto when he was there. Plays like joakim Noah!

P.S just looked at pops stats he avg 5ppg and 5 rpg in 13 mins of playing time with the raptors.

Last edited by step_back : 08-10-2010 at 12:16 PM.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 06:16 PM   #21
ljsbb27
Local High School Star
 
ljsbb27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,172
ljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: who left?

Quote:
Originally Posted by step_back
kurt thomas averaged 7 rebounds in limited minutes, Joe smith 4 rebounds approx and Kwame with barely 3.Doesn't matter if your 6'9 or 7 ft rebounds matter.

When did Kurt Thomas average 7 rebounds a game? He's averaged 7 rpg with an average of 25 minutes per game over his career, but last season he averaged 4 rpg in an average of 15 mpg.

Kwame Brown has a career average of 5 rebounds a game in an average of 22 minutes per game with 3 rebounds per game average in an average of 13 minutes per game last season.

So the rebounding numbers aren't what you said and they aren't very different from eachother either.

I like the Kurt Thomas signing and he can and will provide both valuable minutes and veteran leadership, but that in no way discounts from the fact that we need another BIG man. A legit one. Kwame is 7 feet tall and weighs in at 270 pounds. Exactly what we need. He is also 28 years old while Thomas is 37 and Joe Smish is 35.

I know all of Kwame's faults, but we don't need him to even try to do those things. He will know exactly what we expect from him and he'll be perfectly fine with accepting that role. He'll be a major asset in being a help in defending the taller and stronger C's around that league and he will welcome that challenge that we present to him.

He is a strong guy who can hold his own and bang down low. We need someone muscle on the block and our frontcourt needs this in order to be successful. He has a strong base and can keep grounded against the stronger C's in the league. He would be extremely valuable to us in this regard and a necessary piece to make it past the true contenders around the league. All of that at the league minimum. At this point in time he's better than Omer Asik, Kurt Thomas, and Joe Smith (with what we need, not necessarily overall).
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:39 PM   #22
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman
 
tamaraw08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,535
tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: who left?

Quote:
Originally Posted by step_back
If we simply just want a big body we can sign DJ Mbenga, the guy would play for half a mill a year. I would also like to see the bulls make an offer to pops mensah bonsu. He was great for toronto when he was there. Plays like joakim Noah!

P.S just looked at pops stats he avg 5ppg and 5 rpg in 13 mins of playing time with the raptors.

Mbenga is a walking foul machine. If his man blinks, he would simply lunge at him to try to block a shot. He's a bad positional defensive guy.

Kwame is not a great rebounder but his main strength is to hold his ground and crowd the guy he is guarding. He may not totally shut down any prolific big guys like Howard, Duncan, but he can certainily make things more difficult on them by not collecting foul=pts off FTs, getting easy buckets off pump fakes etc.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:53 PM   #23
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman
 
tamaraw08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,535
tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: who left?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
When did Kurt Thomas average 7 rebounds a game? He's averaged 7 rpg with an average of 25 minutes per game over his career, but last season he averaged 4 rpg in an average of 15 mpg.

Kwame Brown has a career average of 5 rebounds a game in an average of 22 minutes per game with 3 rebounds per game average in an average of 13 minutes per game last season.

So the rebounding numbers aren't what you said and they aren't very different from eachother either.

I like the Kurt Thomas signing and he can and will provide both valuable minutes and veteran leadership, but that in no way discounts from the fact that we need another BIG man. A legit one. Kwame is 7 feet tall and weighs in at 270 pounds. Exactly what we need. He is also 28 years old while Thomas is 37 and Joe Smish is 35.

I know all of Kwame's faults, but we don't need him to even try to do those things. He will know exactly what we expect from him and he'll be perfectly fine with accepting that role. He'll be a major asset in being a help in defending the taller and stronger C's around that league and he will welcome that challenge that we present to him.

He is a strong guy who can hold his own and bang down low. We need someone muscle on the block and our frontcourt needs this in order to be successful. He has a strong base and can keep grounded against the stronger C's in the league. He would be extremely valuable to us in this regard and a necessary piece to make it past the true contenders around the league. All of that at the league minimum. At this point in time he's better than Omer Asik, Kurt Thomas, and Joe Smith (with what we need, not necessarily overall).

Good points, I agree about getting Kwame Brown
Bulls can't simply just be happy and contended with the current team. Yes, I agree they have done a pretty good job acquiring good players but you can always use onother servicable big man.
Boston would have been happy with JO but they signed Shaq.
Same with the Lakers with Ratliff, or Miami with Anthony and Haslem.
You have to make room and allowances for injuries. You don't say, oh well, he got hurt, we'll just have to weather this by what we have right now.
Last year, Bulls have have won more games if their main players like Noah didn't get injured or if the Bulls have a good back up center who is young but to a point I understood that they were over the cap and they were saving cap space for this summer, but right now, is not the time to be prudent, this could be the difference bet winning 45 games to 52 games.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:51 PM   #24
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star
 
97 bulls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,490
97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: who left?

Wow, I'm surprised so many guys agree with me. Anyways, mbenga is not better than brown. Can't you guys see a few times were defensively, brown and noah holding their own against the size of the lakers? Cuz truth is that the lakers size is what really seperates them from the other top teams.
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 09:02 AM   #25
step_back
You see this knife?
 
step_back's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: London
Posts: 4,435
step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: who left?

Kurt thomas avg 7 rpg in the first round of the playoffs. And miami only has size in big z. Haslem is 6'9. And I really think Kwame is being overrated defensively he can't stop anyone. It really sucks there are no options out there.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 03:38 PM   #26
ljsbb27
Local High School Star
 
ljsbb27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,172
ljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: who left?

Quote:
Originally Posted by step_back
Kurt thomas avg 7 rpg in the first round of the playoffs. And miami only has size in big z. Haslem is 6'9. And I really think Kwame is being overrated defensively he can't stop anyone. It really sucks there are no options out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by step_back
Kurt thomas avg 7 rpg in the first round of the playoffs. And miami only has size in big z. Haslem is 6'9. And I really think Kwame is being overrated defensively he can't stop anyone. It really sucks there are no options out there.

I thought you were referring to the 1st round of the playoffs, but then you mentioned that he did it in limited minutes and if your talking about the 1st round that's simply not true. In the 1st round of the playoffs he averaged 28 minutes a game. Far from limited minutes. He was forced to play that many minutes due to Bogut's injury so it wasn't the ideal situation, but Thomas did the best he could. Let me reitterate that I liked the signing of Kurt Thomas I just feel like we could use Kwame Brown as well. He's a physical presence and that is something we're lacking at the C position.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 09:53 PM   #27
bullz_rule21
Decent playground baller
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 311
bullz_rule21 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: who left?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwax26
7'0 270 6 fouls vets minimum any more questions?

Why waste a roster spot with Kwame, might as well go find Aaron Gray or maybe even Marcus Fizer..
bullz_rule21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:40 PM   #28
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman
 
tamaraw08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,535
tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: who left?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullz_rule21
Why waste a roster spot with Kwame, might as well go find Aaron Gray or maybe even Marcus Fizer..

Gray still has a contract with New Orleans, Fizer is listed as 6-8, too small to cover the likes of Shaq, Howard etc and has not played in the NBA competetive level since 4 years ago.
I know most fans go gaga over an athletic player who can leap to dunk and block shots, inhales rebounds, with great low post moves,etc and Kwame provides none of that but what Kwame does is to hold his ground and put his huge/immovable body bet the offensive player and the basket without fouling a lot. I know it sounds simple but its not. Guys like DJ Mbenga, Jamaal Sampson etc couldn't even do.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 12:56 AM   #29
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman
 
tamaraw08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,535
tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: who left?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
Kwame Brown can really help us ALOT. And this far into the offseason without having a deal yet the vet minimum or a little more might get it done. We're really going to struggle against the bigger guys in the league: Dwight Howard, Bynum, Shaq, Yao, just to name a few. Noah has gotten stronger but he still has a hard time keeping these guys out of the paint. Kurt Thomas is just too little and Asik seems weak as of right now and he's still an unknown. Kwame is a strong guy who could provide us valuable minutes, rebounds, defense, and fouls against the legitimate C's around the league. You always need one of these guys especially to get through good teams with good centers. Kwame right now is better than Kurt Thomas and Asik. He would be our backup C. Asik will get minutes if he deserves them and earns them, but if not we need an insurance policy (Kwame) that we know exactly what were going to get if Asik doesn't deliver.

Kwame just signed with the Bobcats. Does anybody know if Joe Smith has signed with any team yet?
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:09 AM   #30
drwax26
High School Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 832
drwax26 has decent reputationdrwax26 has decent reputation
Default Re: who left?

Since we already know Delonte will only be out the first 10games we should grab him for the vet min which would be a great bargain for him. We could even see if we can grab Dampier because Charlotte may waive him. We get another guard that can defend and score and a big body to bang with the bigger Centers in the league.
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:04 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy