Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-08-2010, 04:57 PM   #16
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan ® 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What are your job benefits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
How many hours are you working a week?
Currently 45, to spend more time at home with my daughter and wife. During fall last year I was doing 72 hours a week. It felt like I was living at work.
Meticode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 04:59 PM   #17
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
So can I. Actually, it's expected. 9's are pretty much the minimum. I worked a 7-7 day last week too.

As for "benefits," I may not get 50% off Armani, but I do get full dental and medical.

EDIT: I work for an oilfield service outfit.

I'm not trying to make it a competition or anything but I work about 12 hours a day Mon-Fri, and then anywhere between 4-8 on Saturdays. I worked today, but I don't do that often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
Currently 45, to spend more time at home with my daughter and wife. During fall last year I was doing 72 hours a week. It felt like I was living at work.

Yeah I'm doing about 70-75 now. Checks are nice, right?
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 05:00 PM   #18
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I'm not trying to make it a competition or anything but I work about 12 hours a day Mon-Fri, and then anywhere between 4-8 on Saturdays. I worked today, but I don't do that often.

Nobody wants it to be a competition. You'll kill yourself working 70 hour weeks soon enough.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 05:02 PM   #19
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

BTW, what are you doing, pete?
Old 08-08-2010, 05:03 PM   #20
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Nobody wants it to be a competition. You'll kill yourself working 70 hour weeks soon enough.

No, not really. Not at all. I actually enjoy it a lot. I'm pretty much my own boss. I get my own truck, I make my own schedule. I listen to my iPod all damn day, take my lunch whenever I want for as long as I want. The work isn't too demanding. It's mostly driving. If I calculated the amount of actual physical work I do a day, It's around 3, with 9 hours of driving.
Old 08-08-2010, 05:03 PM   #21
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

Quote:
No, not really. Not at all. I actually enjoy it a lot. I'm pretty much my own boss. I get my own truck, I make my own schedule. I listen to my iPod all damn day, take my lunch whenever I want for as long as I want. The work isn't too demanding. It's mostly driving. If I calculated the amount of actual physical work I do a day, It's around 3, with 9 hours of driving.
Again, what is it you're doing? Delivery driving?
Old 08-08-2010, 05:04 PM   #22
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan ® 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

The checks are super-nice. If we get our quota done for the month I get an extra $500, which is easy to do when I'm doing all the over-time.

After family insurance
Social secrucity
Dental
State/Federal taxes

I bring in a regular check every two weeks of $3000+ then my bonus check which the last check of the month is $3500+.
Old 08-08-2010, 05:05 PM   #23
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

It's not a lucrative job, that's for sure. Let's just say It's not something 90% of people would be comfortable discussing in a group setting.

The company has an incredible turnover rate. That's why they prefer to keep the number of actual employee's to a minimum and just jam on the overtime.
Old 08-08-2010, 05:05 PM   #24
RocketGreatness
Banned

RocketGreatness has an incredible reputation hereRocketGreatness has an incredible reputation hereRocketGreatness has an incredible reputation hereRocketGreatness has an incredible reputation hereRocketGreatness has an incredible reputation hereRocketGreatness has an incredible reputation hereRocketGreatness has an incredible reputation hereRocketGreatness has an incredible reputation here

Public Fapping.
RocketGreatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 05:06 PM   #25
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

Quote:
It's not a lucrative job, that's for sure. Let's just say It's not something 90% of people would be comfortable discussing in a group setting.

The company has an incredible turnover rate. That's why they prefer to keep the number of actual employee's to a minimum and just jam on the overtime.
Huh, okay I guess.

Either way, glad you're back in work and happy about it.
Old 08-08-2010, 05:09 PM   #26
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

I get dirty looks and apologies all day long. People actually apologize to me for the job that I'm doing. And I'm not embarrassed by it at all. A paycheck is a paycheck is a paycheck. And to get about 75-80 a week during a 'recession'? I'm not complaining.

And thanks.
Old 08-08-2010, 05:09 PM   #27
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan ® 1997

Quote:
Huh, okay I guess.

Either way, glad you're back in work and happy about it.
I teared up.
Old 08-08-2010, 05:10 PM   #28
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
The checks are super-nice. If we get our quota done for the month I get an extra $500, which is easy to do when I'm doing all the over-time.

After family insurance
Social secrucity
Dental
State/Federal taxes

I bring in a regular check every two weeks of $3000+ then my bonus check which the last check of the month is $3500+.

You gross or net that?

If that's not too personal. What are the taxes like there?
Old 08-08-2010, 05:13 PM   #29
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
explain this to me. Truckers can only drive, what 8 hours every 24 due to eye strain, alertness issues, etc. So why can you (or other delivery type drivers) drive more than that, in much more varied driving conditions? Im writing my congressman!
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 05:14 PM   #30
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

well, ****ing tell us then dick! We dont care if its embarassing. Are you the repo man? Deliver sextoys? We *** to you Gigolo?
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: